• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, damn good to hear you're ok, Rev.

Secondly, I've been trying to ask my coworker out (the one who I helped by tossing a creepy customer out) but our shifts as of late have been wildly different. I wanna see if I can't try and ask her what her plans for New Year's are and try and insert myself into her plans.

G-Fex

First off, damn good to hear you're ok, Rev.

Secondly, I've been trying to ask my coworker out (the one who I helped by tossing a creepy customer out) but our shifts as of late have been wildly different. I wanna see if I can't try and ask her what her plans for New Year's are and try and insert myself into her plans.

Beef gonna get his own little Renamon.

I'm so proud

lmao, some Jandro-esque dude talking shit in Halo Nightfall

"you [military] are so reliant on your technology, probably couldn't do a thing without it, y'all ain't shit...

btw i think i broke my ankle back there fuck"

Really though threads like that are a confidence booster. Like when I can't really determine what the situation is with me and this girl at least I have solace in knowing I don't spend 30 minutes trying to look up Peach's skirt

Gorillaz

Really though threads like that are a confidence booster. Like when I can't really determine what the situation is with me and this girl at least I have solace in knowing I don't spend 30 minutes trying to look up Peach's skirt

Using Peach in smash is an L in of it self

Now Zelda is #BadB status shitting on dudes with the teleport

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Interjection to whatever subject you talking about.

I got your attention I hope.

I am going to keep it brief and to the point. I am a believer in omens. Anything and everything happen for a reason. Ive lived my life this way for years and it has helped me to survive a lot of ill shit. First and foremost, early this morning about 2pm I get a call from one of my subordinates stating that he fucked up a schedule, and due to these actions needs to find a replacement in an hour. I told him at 0200 that's a goddamn impossibility. I resigned to my better logic and told him I would cover the site, he goes to the other site and bam, mission accomplished. I get up to get in the other patrol car to drive out, and the cars completely dead. This does not happen in this office. After 20 minutes of fiddling with with it, I said fuck it, grab the company card, fill my personal vehicle and decide to ride out to the site. It was raining like the damn first day of the biblical flood. I get on I20 and start riding. I pass 2 vehicles with flashers on, driving a snails pace. I start to slow it down. I get it to 55 and im driving along, when fate intervened. I fucking spun 8 times down I-20 over a quarter of a mile. By the 4th rotation I was resigned to my fate. If im gonna die im gonna fucking die. I hit the accelerator, turned into the spin and miraculously ended up in the only area that wasnt median, drop off or wooded. I slide into the grassy muddy area. And come to a complete stop. All the while this was going on I am listening to goddamn Frank Ocean singing about a tornado flew around his room. Bruh, I stop, the people I passed pull over and ask am I okay, in my delirium, I utter "Im Alive". I start just laughing. Hard. Call the cops, they call a wrecker and pull my car out. Besides dirt and debris, Me and my car WERE COMPLETELY UNSCATHED.

Needless to say. This was a fucking sign. I almost died for a job. Family, I work 7 days a week, at 12 hours a day. Some shit went down and thats why I am in the predicament im in. I have been racking my brain about a few things, hence why I have essentially stopped doing GAF or anything else. Bruh Im fucking done. This year has been both liberating and a goddamn daily struggle. So I am taking the cue from my almost demise and doubling down on something that has been in the planning stages that I have been 50/50 about. I have nothing holding me in GA. No wifey, no nothing. Its time for me to start over fresh and hit the dusty trail back to Louisiana. Good and bad im done.

Family, the thing that gets to me out of all this is this. For the last 12 hours ive been playing through every scenario. Every goddamn one. What could i have done differently? What could I have not done? Just everything. And each one ends with me being critically injured and or deceased. No shaking this one. I should not have walked away from this. Just all the circumstances led to me walking away. Weather, road, tire conditions..... etc. I cannot shake this feeling, that I should be dead. I went back to the site this afternoon. Im in awe. Like it never happen.

So to recap, im going home. Georgia had some memories, but its time to grind where I started.

good god rev. Damn i glad to see youve survived that.

I was literally reading that thread and came across that post;

NSFW and Mentally Scarring image from that thread

Like...why...would you do this?

And his post is just the cherry on top;

clint_ew.gif

Things like that are why I dislike Zero Suit Samus. The suit's fine but damn people instantly take it towards sex when I wish the character wasn't about that at all.

Eh. I'll let them live. It's a little strange, sure. But GAF goes hard in everything they do.

At the same time, such a thread and those responses could very well prove harmful to creating an environmemt where women feel comfortable posting. They should chill on the sexual shit, but I'm not going to throw stones because they like those things. If that makes sense.

You're saying this like we've tarred and feathered them. Like we can strung people up and taken away their rights as people. Like it's a goddamn holy war with bodies dropping everywhere. This is the thing I dislike. It's not enough to say "sure you can do that," you must also be completely 100% fine with it.

If someone wants to spend 30 minutes getting your digital creepshot, rock out. Just don't expect me to roll in with the thumbs up for it. Come on now.

You're saying this like we've tarred and feathered them. Like we can strung people up and taken away their rights as people. Like it's a goddamn holy war with bodies dropping everywhere. This is the thing I dislike. It's not enough to say "sure you can do that," you must also be completely 100% fine with it.

If someone wants to spend 30 minutes getting your digital creepshot, rock out. Just don't except me to roll in with the thumbs up for it. Come on now.

Whoa, I wasn't taking it nearly that seriously. You don't have to be fine with anything, really, and I wasn't suggesting that you did :/

EDIT: Fuck the Zero Suit

Whoa, I wasn't taking it nearly that seriously. You don't have to be fine with anything, really, and I wasn't suggesting that you did :/

S'all good. Sorry about that. Sore point.

Working Otakon and my day job means I frequently have to hear about people who feel they're put upon because people don't understand their deep abiding love for animated high-school girls or whatever.

EDIT: If you like My Little Pony (a fine show from what I've seen) that's cool, but don't expect everyone to be awesome with it. As long as you are, cool. I certainly don't expect people to understand Kamen Rider, because I get it's outside of many people's scope of "normal".

Malyse

Things like that are why I dislike Zero Suit Samus. The suit's fine but damn people instantly take it towards sex when I wish the character wasn't about that at all.

If someone wants to spend 30 minutes getting your digital creepshot, rock out. Just don't except me to roll in with the thumbs up for it. Come on now.

----

Getting real tired of this dark souls masturbation. Deffo becoming a worst fandom.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Unbiased I'm sure. ��

Of our slate of games recently, it was my fav followed by Valiant Hearts. And i work on AC.

So bias, yes to a point. But i can hand on heart say that both the above are damn fine games.

Of course as with all things, YMMV. Enjoy all the same

I think the Zero Suit is okay, in general. The giant heels they added in Other M are the dumbest shit

Like I said, the suit itself is fine. I'm even cool with the sports bra outfit, which actually makes more sense than the Zero Suit.

It wasn't even that bad until Smash. But like... people ran with that shit. Ran so far away. They saw it and lost their goddamn minds.

thatsmyfetish02.gif

And Metroid may have always had that on the fringes, but Samus was never all about that. And I feel like in the fans eyes, now she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom