• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Hey all. I haven't been posting or lurking much lately because I am preparing for getting a new job next year which could really start my career in IT. Up until now I've basically worked sub 20k per year jobs, but if the interviews and stuff I have lined up go right I'm told I could double that easily and finally be able to afford a non-POS car and a nice place to live. But it also means getting my shit together, working my ass off, and not really having a lot of GAF time besides the occasional look. Super excited but also very nervous since I've worked at the same place for so long I feel pretty complacent and so I know going out into the market will be a struggle at the start.

Hopefully I can check up with you all in a few months and post that I made it. No one tell JC.

Village

pretend the fandom didn't turn it into a living breathing red light district

Hmm, you mean weird people do weird shit on the internet, its almost as if that isn't game specific. And the notion you seem to be thinking about on some Constantino basis says more about your interests than theirs.

I'm not going to judge you and whatever you are googling.

Let Nintendo make it.

I'm convinced that would be worse.

There are a lot of conventions of sonic the hedgehog that would not work, and if I were to explain it to you. Would make you upset.

Like why classic sonic wont come back.

There are a lot of conventions of sonic the hedgehog that would not work, and if I were to explain it to you. Would make you upset.

Nah, they'd find a way. I bet back when Sonic and Mario were in competition Miyamoto studied the shit out of the games. He probably understands their mechanics better than anyone at Sega right now

Sou Da

Are you saying Sonic has to be a annoying douche for the game to work?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man that was a rough-ass vacation weekend. How did everyone else do?

My brother and sister got their cars totaled by a falling tree on Xmas morning. Fucking horrible shit. Insurance isn't taking care of it either. They just got fucked. I feel so bad.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Man that was a rough-ass vacation weekend. How did everyone else do?

My brother and sister got their cars totaled by a falling tree on Xmas morning. Fucking horrible shit. Insurance isn't taking care of it either. They just got fucked. I feel so bad.
What the hell? That seems like something that should be covered. Sorry to hear it Vince, that is rough luck and terrible news on Xmas morning of all times. I had a very subdued holiday because everyone in the family is broke right now, but it was nice because instead of opening a ton of presents we just opened a few and then chilled talking about stuff, listening to music and watching movies.

Have you tried the new Quest bars yet? Smores bars are delicious, but I've yet to find a quest bar that doesn't taste great.

Malyse

Hmm, you mean weird people do weird shit on the internet, its almost as if that isn't game specific. And the notion you seem to be thinking about on some Constantino basis says more about your interests than theirs.

That's an interesting way to be wrong. Best three sonics in the last decade are Generations, Colors, and Smash.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell? That seems like something that should be covered. Sorry to hear it Vince, that is rough luck and terrible news on Xmas morning of all times. I had a very subdued holiday because everyone in the family is broke right now, but it was nice because instead of opening a ton of presents we just opened a few and then chilled talking about stuff, listening to music and watching movies.

Have you tried the new Quest bars yet? Smores bars are delicious, but I've yet to find a quest bar that doesn't taste great.

Just shitty luck. My brother has liability insurance only and it doesn't cover "acts of god" and my parents are checking to see if Homeowners Insurance can help at all. My sister celebrated as she has Comprehensive coverage, so while it fell she cheered and my brother cried. Goddamn yin and yang. My car WAS there but I moved it to go get the dog. It shoulda been me, my brother took that bullet. I felt real bad for him, helped tape garbage bags on his windows. :( I just feel bad for him.

I haven't tried the new Quest flavors yet, but I got a GNC gift card so GUESS WHAT. It's going to happen.

image.php

Village

Nah, they'd find a way. I bet back when Sonic and Mario were in competition Miyamoto studied the shit out of the games. He probably understands their mechanics better than anyone at Sega right now

eh, I don't know about that. Also Miyamoto has fucked up games thinking he knows more than he does, he is infallible. Lastly, there is a thematic element to sonic that I just don't think Nintendo would get. Hell sega forgot for a bit too, turns out friends help. I'll leave it at that.

Also Classic sonic kinda doesn't work in now times.

For multiple reasons.

Village

How so? I was feelin' the classic levels in generations/

Sonic in multiple games modernized 2d gameplay, hell back on the gameboy. And post modern sonic has incorporated 2d parts to their levels. Classic sonic as a character, and as gameplay, doesn't need to exist anymore, because modern sonic has already successfully taken what they need from that era. Also, people seemed generally be uninterested in the concept of classic sonic,to the point where sega openly said they weren't going to bring him back anymore.

I don't know about what going in sega , but if there is another generations type project. I"m going to imagine there will just be other dudes playable rather than classic sonic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That reminds me, Village when is your avatar bet up?

Pumpkin spice is awful.
Cheesecake is the worst.

you're literally satan

The random jets on the Halo 5 armor look stupid

Eh, with the current state of the franchise retro-rockets on the suits don't seem too far-fetched to me. As long as they don't bastardize the old money Spartans (which they will) I think it makes a degree of sense. Spartan-IVs (the ones shown in Halo 5 other than Chief) are the first Spartans that are actually recruited during adulthood as a type of voluntary special forces, rather than being augmented child abductees. Jumping into the Spartan game that late means there's probably not as many enhancements they can make, so they have to look for alternative options for these new Spartans to cover movement / combat options the way Spartan-IIs (what Chief is) can thanks to their biological enhancements. Where a Spartan-II would have the strength and dexterity to navigate huge amounts of infrastructure or terrain in a matter of minutes if not seconds, Spartan-IVs have to rely on things like jet boosts.

I wish armor design was the only thing to bitch about in Halo these days.

Amen to that.

Slayven

you're literally satan

Eh, with the current state of the franchise retro-rockets on the suits don't seem too far-fetched to me. As long as they don't bastardize the old money Spartans (which they will) I think it makes a degree of sense. Spartan-IVs (the ones shown in Halo 5 other than Chief) are the first Spartans that are actually recruited during adulthood as a type of voluntary special forces, rather than being augmented child abductees. Jumping into the Spartan game that late means there's probably not as many enhancements they can make, so they have to look for alternative options for these new Spartans to cover movement / combat options the way Spartan-IIs (what Chief is) can thanks to their biological enhancements. Where a Spartan-II would have the strength and dexterity to navigate huge amounts of infrastructure or terrain in a matter of minutes if not seconds, Spartan-IVs have to rely on things like jet boosts.

Amen to that.

No problem with jets, just that the ones on the arms are stupid.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
what exactly happened to him to change him into this. seems like such a drastic change.

I don't know. But he's terrified of me - and because of that, I'll probably never get anything out of him til he's being put in a squad car or ambulance. I only get bits and pieces through his family or ex 'gf' or coworkers but its extremely clear that he's committed the cardinal sin of lying to himself then perpetuating the bullshit by feeding others around him that lie.

Just a few examples... the guy tells people that he has PTSD from all the rocket attacks in Afghanistan. Why that's bullshit... He was at Bagram. Bagram is a motherfucking fortress. Its factually safer than most places here in America. He's going around telling people that he's got his issues from that when it couldn't be further from the truth. You can't get help for yourself when you're lying about what's actually going on.

I was thinking about picking up a 3rd roommate when I got here - meet this really cool chick at his sister's place. This dude introduces us. I get the background checks from mutual friends and family. Ask him if he's cool with her as a roommate. He says its cool. Why that's bullshit... He knew the girl since Afghanistan. The last time he was in Texas, he visited her. This girl was only in Hawaii because of him. She flew out here essentially butt ass naked because of the shit he was feeding her. Generally speaking, your boy should tell you about shit like that beforehand. If he had simply told me, "yo, i'm playing the fuck out of this girl. we can get money - you down?" it would've been no problem. That's my dude, he's seen my bullshit and I've seen his but I didn't even hear shit about them being together until a month after I got here. She knew more about me than I did about her. Extremely fucked and inexcusable that I'm entering into any kind of commitment because of him not telling me shit "because I know what you'd say ;_;"

He tells me his unit is fucked up and holding him back. Why that's bullshit... I literally come from one of the Army's most fucked up units in the last 7 years as voted. I meet these guys and the VERY FIRST THING THEY DO is offer me a job, arrange to get an aptitude test to get a language, help me pick out colleges, and tell me that the sky is the limit. And that's before they know that me and this dude go back 4 years. Once they find out, they don't throw me under the bus and tear up my paperwork - they take a collective sigh of relief and give me the "its good that he has you here because no one else can get through to him" talk. I then find out that they've gone out of their way to protect dude's job 4 times. His unit sucks is what he tells me every day... at the end of year picnic they just had, this dude is playing beach volleyball with the rest of the guys and staying late to help put up chairs. This is after he turns down every opportunity for career progression.

He tells me that we're on the same page when it comes to getting shit done. Why that's bullshit... and probably the most insulting thing he's said to me so far is that after I jumped down his ass for fucking the damned landlord after I told him not to (her name is on the lease, not any of ours) among other things such as drunk driving, being a shady bitch, hoping that I hold his hand through life, etc this motherfucker has the audacity to tell me

"you don't have to stress yourself out over any of this stuff. my family loves you. you would be taken care of"

dahell

this dude really came at me like we can just go live at his parents house forever and be lifelong losers and shit'd be all good lol

so again i tore his ass down

I've seen this 'grown man' cry more times in 3 months than I've seen my brother and sister cry in years. And there's plenty of other shit going on too.

I know the common cause of all weakminded bitchassness is lying to yourself over an extensive period of time but there's always a reason for it. I don't know the reason and I'm questioning whether I even want to at this point. I don't even want to be honest with the guy anymore after he said "be honest with me ;_;" and I did - and it turned into him going into the fetal position for an hour, only for him to get up and give his best juvenile attempts to upset me in return. It was truly, truly pathetic. After I broke him over my knee again for that shit, I took a piss, and dude was so shook that he peed in a bottle instead of knocking on the bathroom door.

Thankfully I already had plans in place for unplanned fuckery such as this so its not like I'll be in a fucked up situation solely due to him being a pussy. But at the same time... fuck man, that was my boy. And I probably COULD fix him - I just would never be able to look at him like a man again afterwards. Its hard enough now but at least I can still believe that if he got his shit together it'd be him making his own progress and stuff. Sincerely doubt he's capable at this point though. Damn shame.

Sou Da

Sonic in multiple games modernized 2d gameplay, hell back on the gameboy. And post modern sonic has incorporated 2d parts to their levels. Classic sonic as a character, and as gameplay, doesn't need to exist anymore, because modern sonic has already successfully taken what they need from that era. Also, people seemed generally be uninterested in the concept of classic sonic,to the point where sega openly said they weren't going to bring him back anymore.

I don't know about what going in sega , but if there is another generations type project. I"m going to imagine there will just be other dudes playable rather than classic sonic.
I can say with 100% certainty that Modern Sonic speaking more than a few lines will always be a negative towards any game Sega makes for me.

Village

I can say with 100% certainty that Modern Sonic speaking more than a few lines will always be a negative towards any game Sega makes for me.
That's ok. There's a lot of people who feel otherwise, the success of multiple sonic media 2000 fowards speaks to that.

Strokes, folks. That sort of thing

Sou Da

That's ok. There's a lot of people who feel otherwise, the success of multiple sonic TV shows comic cooks and the popularization and desicion to stick with sonic and friends 2000 forward speaks to that. And thats ok.

Strokes, folks. That sort of thing

I feel that Sonic and friends ruined Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom