• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Ma$e:"Damn why didn't I think of that. Because I don't have a crew and can't afford RAW tickets."
Ma$e would pirate a PPV performance and then try and photoshop his name onto one of the signs before he shared it with the homies.

"See I told ya'll I got fans"

Malyse

I think part of the reason some dudes hate gay men is because they are afraid of being treated and objectified the way they do women.

Village

Dad: Why wont my kids speak to me

Because you ain't shit, and all you told us to get out of your house. And then we did.

Ain't shit family members ain't shit.

Malyse

BCT, not everything needs a punchline.😒

----

PSO2 Vita just updated and got another new opening CG. You don't know how much of a damn shame it is SEGA never released this here. Like this was a straight "we hate money" move.

royalan

Dude wasn't smart to do that to cops but the cops had no reason to do that to him.

Dude was only an idiot in the street sense. Like he probably got a slap upside the head from an elder the second he got home, and a swift "..da fuck was you thinkin, nigga!?"

But that idiocy is separate from the reaction he got from those cops. It doesn't excuse it at all. It's not even worth bringing up.

Malyse

What happened?

Ellen has this thing called a Dance Dare, when you dance behind unsuspecting people. Black man did it and got tossed to the ground by the NYPD.

----

Here, have some free pain.

tumblr_nhbfyxKgfF1r0ir1xo1_1280.jpg
tumblr is a scary place.

Also, would you eat this:

Cause honestly that scares me.

====

Is Dizzy not in xrd? Because this kind of a big deal for me. IMO, that's like KoF with no Mai.

Onemic

Is Dizzy not in xrd? Because this kind of a big deal for me. IMO, that's like KoF with no Mai.

Ya, shes not in it. I'm gonna guess that you'll see her, Johnny, and Baiken when the next revision comes out. Dizzy is def not anywhere near the equivalent of Mai though.

Malyse

We must follow the same Tumblr blogs, because I was JUST about to post this. lol

I saw it on tumblr of the food blogger I have for my site.

Ya, shes not in it. I'm gonna guess that you'll see her, Johnny, and Baiken when the next revision comes out. Dizzy is def not anywhere near the equivalent of Mai though.

She is for me, dammit! (sobs)

Wait, they got cut too? D:

Is Bridget still in?

Dude was only an idiot in the street sense. Like he probably got a slap upside the head from an elder the second he got home, and a swift "..da fuck was you thinkin, nigga!?"

But that idiocy is separate from the reaction he got from those cops. It doesn't excuse it at all. It's not even worth bringing up.

Cross posting from that thread (everyone skipped it because I'm right and they don't want to admit it...but that's nothing new)

Black people have been on edge for what's been happening to them for the last 300+ years. Yet if this was a discussion about those stupid "prank" videos and how said pranksters get beat up for doing really fucked up shit to said black people, everyone would be going "Wow there was no need to attack him! SMH, just walk away! Violence never solves anything!"

GAFs "violence is bad" attitude annoys the shit outta me at times. Like yea, there are moments that it's uncalled for I understand but there are moments where throwing hands is fuckin necessary.

Kreed

Quoting from GAF-Hop:

This Macklemore interview on Hot97 is pretty good. A full hour plus though.

- Talks about his experiences with Seattle activism
- Begin talking about Eric Garner & Mike Brown, says he is inspired by the mobilization, but has been taking time to figure out how to address without making it about him, making it authentic from a white person's perspective, but taking advantage of his position, not taking liberal "post-racial" perspectives on it etc.
- They talk about the awkwardness of starting the race conversation being one of the biggest things working against it
- Talk about the problem with the "We're all Americans" perspective and it being ignorant of cultural differences
- Ebro talks about how Staten Island is racially divided, lots of authority work there, and the prosecutors being representative of that constituency
- Macklemore drops some gems on white privileged:
"Why can I have a parental advisory logo on my album and parents come up to me and say that I'm the only rap they let their kids listen to?"
- "If I was black, what would my drug addiction look like?"
- Talk that white hip-hop fan shit that GAF-Hop wants to hear. "[They're amazed] like I'm the first rapper to rap about equality"
- They talk about "I don't like rap but I like Eminem" fans; "Like.. do you really? Raping your mother and wife and homophobia?"
- On the success of Thrift Shop "As soon as my niece likes a song, it's whack," anything becomes pop when it hits mass consumption
- Peter: "Soon there's going to be an all White crowd, watching a White rapper talk about how they didn't get the car they wanted for their sweet 16"
- Peter and Macklemore talk about hating all white rappers, and the importance of the black experience (which is what drew white kids to NWA in the first place," difference between white kids supporting then vs. now
- Macklemore "People are being introduced to hip hop now via Macklemore, Iggy, Mac Miller" unlike Tribe, Public Enemy etc.
- Talks about how they worked the radio. First went to Alternative, then "Rhythm," which is apparently where stuff bubbles or stuff with potential before Top 40 like Hot97, and then pop, by the time they got to pop it exploded. Doesn't know if it even reached Urban radio.
- Wait, Macklemore dissed Iovine?
- Can't Hold Us did better on Hot97 than Thrift Shop
- Agrees with Banks on white appropriation and devaluing Black art
- Peter calls Banks a genius, lol, argues that Fancy can be seen as one of the most clear examples of appropriation because of her jacking Mustard too
- They get deep in gritty about Banks' motivations, Peter and Ebro agree Iggy's laissez-faire and acting like she's above the issue response is destructive
- Macklemore: "It's clear who is taking, and who is contributing to the culture" & "You have to know your place in the culture," Macklemore mostly made general comments, made sure to say he's not talking about Iggy specifically
- Didn't know this, but it was mentioned and I thought it was a cool fact: Lynching wasn't even made illegal in the US until 30-40 years ago
- "Speaking of uncomfortable, I'm going to play a Kendrick Lamar song right now"
- Ebro says "evidence suggests this song did not do well for Kendrick. People stopped playing it"
- Macklemore goes into his Grammy thought process a bit more than he's done in the past, betraying Kendrick's trust, white liberal guilt, etc.
- "Yo if The Roots or Common drop, it's automatic for AotY nominations now"
- Peter saying Gambino's album pushed the envelope.. bish wet
- Peter's Grammy Theory: White voters will be split between Iggy and Eminem because their grandkids will be split over who they like more, leaving opportunity for Q and Gambino
- Album probably out into 2015, not early
- Loosely into battle rap #enzowasright

I think they touched on pretty much every topic imaginable besides the jew nose stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom