• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

10888973_10152964115762392_8279161419439466234_n.jpg

You know what they say: once you go black, you gonna need a wheelchair.

Afrocious

I can't lurk? Cool.

Where you're from - New York. Born in the Yonkers. My home is in Clinton, NC though.
Where you live - Raleigh, NC.
What is your age? - 24
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - My dad is Jamaican and my mom was raised right here in NC.
Do you know your roots - I went by a graveyard near my home the other day to remind myself.
Favorite musical genre - the garbage i hear on the radio to distract myself when I'm not listening to NPR i guess
Your profession/major/career interest - software developer. can't tell if I like it though. I get really mad at the people I work with.
Your religious affiliation - I'm not spiritual, I don't think. I did talk to my dead family though. I needed that moment.
Hobbies - Videogames, studying, pushing all sorts of agendas, reading, writing, etc.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes if I can, if not, Churches. If not that, Bojangles. KFC if desperate.

akira28

GAFs "violence is bad" attitude annoys the shit outta me at times. Like yea, there are moments that it's uncalled for I understand but there are moments where throwing hands is fuckin necessary.

they like to imagine they're enlightened above the shit. But in reality, it's just a matter of pressing the right buttons, almost always.

it's just another example of 'cant relate, must abate'

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I wish I liked Macklemore's music more. I feel like he's the type of artist that I should be supporting, but I just can't. I feel the same about J.Cole too.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
What do you think about J. Cole? I'm curious.

Highly skilled, but boringly average. His latest album wasn't bad, but there is not a cell in my body that compels me to listen to it again. Hell, I'd rather listen to Waka Flocka's version of Fire Squad than his (Flocka killed it). I feel the same about the majority of his catalog.

Afrocious

Highly skilled, but boringly average. His latest album wasn't bad, but there is not a cell in my body that compels me to listen to it again. Hell, I'd rather listen to Waka Flocka's version of Fire Squad than his (Flocka killed it). I feel the same about the majority of his catalog.

Same. I feel like folks look at my funny when I don't praise him much down here in NC.

I'm glad he got out of Fayetteville/Fayette'nam though.

royalan

How did Hallie Berry carreer survive that?

Don't do it, Slayven. Don't do it.

BAPS is a Black Comedy ClassiC and the vehicle by which The Queen Hallesus Berry DRAGGED the lessers who thought she was only capable of glamorous/dramatic roles and couldn't do comedy.

Now drink that premium jasmine chai. Clocked TeA. Next floP.

/PopGAF

Slayven

Don't do it, Slayven. Don't do it.

BAPS is a Black Comedy ClassiC and the vehicle by which The Queen Hallesus Berry DRAGGED the lessers who thought she was only capable of glamorous/dramatic roles and couldn't do comedy.

Now drink that premium jasmine chai. Clocked TeA. Next floP.

/PopGAF
not hating. Berry deserves her career more than jennifer anston. She still riding getting dumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom