• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except she was fully naked in the break up, so...
The hair did it, me thinks. Like I said..never once paid attention. That movie did.
I need to chew my food better.
image.php

G-Fex

I want to ask the dev dude about the work he did on Star Wars 1313 but I have a feeling he might be restricted from answering. Bummer.

Why are people acting so NEW in that NYPD/Dancing Idiot thread???
Fuck that thread already.."sneaking up" "jackass" and every other excuse to let the cops be the good guys, even after dude posed no threat and explains himself.

Fuck em all..right in the ear! *while dancing*

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Everytime i make a social media post on our channels about a cosplayer who wore an AC costume, without fail the "Marry Me" comments come out.

I always find them amusing.

mahvel-multiverse -> spider-verse

she's from a reality where Peter died, I guess she was the one who was bitten? she's super moe though.

This is correct.

EDGESV2014002_int_LR-10.jpg

She's reverse Peter.

Everytime i make a social media post on our channels about a cosplayer who wore an AC costume, without fail the "Marry Me" comments come out.

I always find them amusing.

Desperate people. As if these ladies were cosplaying just to find the right dude.

royalan

I just don't understand the NEWNESS.

I mean, while I'm grateful for this era of smartphone surveillance for giving the public the means to document the actions of these ain't-shit cops, I'm seeing an attempt by the public to qualify all of this as some "recent" blip in an otherwise perfect system, and not as evidence of the shit black folk have been complaining about this ENTIRE time.

Like, all this "what's going on with cops these days???" and "bla bla bla these tense times" bullshit. Why is nobody realizing that the epiphany here SHOULD be "wow, so all those decades of institutionalized racism and police brutality black people have been complaining about this whole time...I guess they weren't lying! Shit!"

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Desperate people. As if these ladies were cosplaying just to find the right dude.

Almost. There is a lot of projection that goes on in the comments. A lot of these guys (mostly) see these cosplayers as the "perfect woman" - looks like they do, plays videogames, dresses up as their favourite character, enjoys nerd and geek culture.

Like for a lot of them, this is an alignment of celestial bodies type moment. They lose themselves in it.

Malyse

I mean, while I'm grateful for this era of smartphone surveillance for giving the public the means to document the actions of these ain't-shit cops, I'm seeing an attempt by the public to qualify all of this as some "recent" blip in an otherwise perfect system, and not as evidence of the shit black folk have been complaining about this ENTIRE time.

Like, all this "what's going on with cops these days???" and "bla bla bla these tense times" bullshit. Why is nobody realizing that the epiphany here SHOULD be "wow, so all those decades of institutionalized racism and police brutality black people have been complaining about this whole time...I guess they weren't lying! Shit!"

I enjoy telling them that "actually it's better at this point in history than it's ever been in the past" and watching their feeble minds implode.

-----

tumblr_nhd0trLCu91r83d7lo1_1280.png

tumblr_nhd0trLCu91r83d7lo2_1280.png

tumblr_nhd0trLCu91r83d7lo3_1280.png

tumblr_nhd0trLCu91r83d7lo4_1280.png

tumblr_nhd0trLCu91r83d7lo5_1280.png

tumblr_nhd0trLCu91r83d7lo6_1280.png

tumblr_nhd0trLCu91r83d7lo7_1280.png

Iggy Azalea might be the last joke of 2014.

Azalea already faced some backlash from the hip-hop community when Azealia Banks slammed her for ignoring black issues. But now the ire of the Internet has turned against the Australian-born rapper for what appears to be some less than creative musical work. And they’re doing it in a hilarious way.

In a recently unearthed video from 2013, Azalea stopped by the Sway in the Morning radio show to spit some rhymes. But when host Sway asked her to freestyle, she said she couldn’t rap anything to the “hood ass beat” provided and opted to do some a cappella. There’s only one problem:

What she sang turned out to be a cut from her track “New Bitch” that had already been recorded.

Actually, should I just make this a thread?

ALSO:
tumblr_nh6g90yqbI1qgjxc7o1_400.jpg

Y'all remember making fun of this anatomy? Well, hold your assholes cause:
tumblr_nh6g90yqbI1qgjxc7o2_400.jpg

#LiefeldWasRight

Young Magus

Im late as fuck but glad to hear your safe rev.

1)When shit like this happens it always seems to be a "new" thing. I also see it with folks talking about problem in music, movies and media. When it comes to any issue folks think its new when history shows its anything but.

2)It also bothers me that when folks think that this issue is new even though the Rodney King events and the rampart scandal are still within recent memory.

---------------

Any of y'all mess with Monster Hunter?

Almost. There is a lot of projection that goes on in the comments. A lot of these guys (mostly) see these cosplayers as the "perfect woman" - looks like they do, plays videogames, dresses up as their favourite character, enjoys nerd and geek culture.

Like for a lot of them, this is an alignment of celestial bodies type moment. They lose themselves in it.

It's an exceeding shame they can't see these cosplayers beyond being the perfect intersection of their sexual venn diagram. But I guess that can be said of a lot of people.

That said, I'm so glad I haven't had to date in years.

Malyse

That is really great and really cute!

...just make the head like 50% bigger thanks.

NO.

It's an exceeding shame they can't see these cosplayers beyond being the perfect intersection of their sexual venn diagram. But I guess that can be said of a lot of people.

That said, I'm so glad I haven't had to date in years.

It's like you've never seen a GAF relationship thread.

----

iggy aint the first rapper to spit a recorded verse for a freestyle. when it rains it pours though.

Bwahaha that iggy stuff

Make thread or nah?

royalan

iggy aint the first rapper to spit a recorded verse for a freestyle. when it rains it pours though.

I'm waiting for the day people wake up and realize that 80% of the rappers mainstream right now ain't shit.

What good is it to ask Iggy to freestyle? What good is it to ask of them to? Even Nicki, the dopest female around right now (and one of the dopest period around right now), still needs to write her shit first.

Malyse

We doing this again, CNN?

Burn this thread
wbfd%2051102%20barn%20fire%2035.jpg

I'm waiting for the day people wake up and realize that 80% of the rappers mainstream right now ain't shit.

What good is it to ask Iggy to freestyle? What good is it to ask of them to? Even Nicki, the dopest female around right now (and one of the dopest period around right now), still needs to write her shit first.

If she can't, say she can't. Don't fucking lie.

@Magus - danke.

cdyhybrid

Yep and yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom