• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jWILL253

Banned
2014 has been a weird year for me. There's only one real positive to come from this year, but it's a damn good positive: me graduating from my housing program and paying my own rent for the first time.

Everything else has been terrible, both on a micro and macro level. There's my mom's health issues (diabetic, weak heart, and bad back, as well as two strokes within a 6 month period this year), which made me drop out of community college. There's my work situation (employed, but job is shitty). I'm not making any progress in my music. And a bunch of other things I'm forgetting at the moment.

Then there's the macro shit: this has been a big comeback for racism in America. The one good thing to come out of this, is that two whole generations of young people of color are now woke the fuck up to reality. At this point, you'd have to stick your head way deep in the fucking sand to not notice this shit, with the internet and social media playing more of a role in our lives with each passing day. I think shit will get worse in 2015, with violence boiling over countrywide.

I don't really know what I can positively look forward to for next year, other than another birthday in February.

harSon

Banned
2014 has been a weird year for me. There's only one real positive to come from this year, but it's a damn good positive: me graduating from my housing program and paying my own rent for the first time.

Everything else has been terrible, both on a micro and macro level. There's my mom's health issues (diabetic, weak heart, and bad back, as well as two strokes within a 6 month period this year), which made me drop out of community college. There's my work situation (employed, but job is shitty). I'm not making any progress in my music. And a bunch of other things I'm forgetting at the moment.

Then there's the macro shit: this has been a big comeback for racism in America. The one good thing to come out of this, is that two whole generations of young people of color are now woke the fuck up to reality. At this point, you'd have to stick your head way deep in the fucking sand to not notice this shit, with the internet and social media playing more of a role in our lives with each passing day. I think shit will get worse in 2015, with violence boiling over countrywide.

I don't really know what I can positively look forward to for next year, other than another birthday in February.

Feb 7th?

HA! You clown on me all you want. I'm talking to John Romero.

In your face Slayven

My favorite metal artist bought my album. Get on my level.

EDIT: It's funny that we take this stuff for granted in this day and age, but I also ask questions about various Halo stuff (lore, legal issues, etc.) and get responses from the franchise director on a pretty frequent basis. Crazy.

G-Fex

he emailed me a picture of a hand drawn doom map with his autograph on it.

Goddamn, I'm happy

EDIT: It's funny that we take this stuff for granted in this day and age, but I also ask questions about various Halo stuff (lore, legal issues, etc.) and get responses from the franchise director on a pretty frequent basis. Crazy.

that's pretty based too.

I just yeah, get excited. Last famous person I spoke to was well Notch.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

man shit, replace your mom's diabetes with my mom's kidney disease and we've pretty much have had the same year.

oh you got any links to your music ? I've been wanting to collab with someone but don't know if anything I've produced is good enough.

Malyse

I still freak out when someone much more important than me follows me on twitter. Like, if you're verified and you follow me, I'm just like... WAT.

Furyous

I'm on the west coast *looks at EST thankful for three more hours* celebrating.

2014:

Found out that I have to deal with three lifestyle changing medical conditions.
Prayed to get into an MPH program, got in, got extremely sick, and had to take a break until 2015.
Worked five jobs but none of which I liked.
Turned down careers in three places due to my circumstances.
Almost went Maino on management personnel but cooler heads prevailed.
Still have to leave on the run at some point but gave myself some cover.
Found out people want to kill me in certain parts of Ohio.
Almost caught the fade in the middle of church because I'm the guy that people want to try.
Purchased then retrieved a one way ticket to Kauai but realized I stand out too much and people would find me.
Got the head of a lifetime. Ever contemplate life while in the pussy? Yep, that happened too which was cool.
Apparently, someone with my former last name was sued by a certain city in a certain state.

---
Before I go on, does anyone here listen to the Forreally Show? What's the name of the episode where the guy talks about how he turned down being on a reality show that a network wants his girlfriend on?
---

Tonight, I'm working out, grabbing some legal fireworks, and celebrating.

jWILL253

Banned
man shit, replace your mom's diabetes with my mom's kidney disease and we've pretty much have had the same year.

oh you got any links to your music ? I've been wanting to collab with someone but don't know if anything I've produced is good enough.

I used to work with a dude at a local joint, but he fucked it all up, and now all my recordings are gone. I'm currently starting over, doing things on my own now.

This has been, by far, the worst year in my adult life. All I can say to you is chin up. What to look forward to? That the people who love you will get to enjoy your life another day.

I'd also like to take a moment to thank the BCT for being there when I needed to spew my world online. I can say, without question, that y'all helped me immensely. You guys are nothing but the opposite of ain't shit..no doubt.

jWILL253

Banned
Since some of you in here do music, which DAW do you guys use? I'm more well versed in Logic Pro 9 & X, but since I don't have a Mac at home, I'm relearning Ableton Live 9.

Since some of you in here do music, which DAW do you guys use? I'm more well versed in Logic Pro 9 & X, but since I don't have a Mac at home, I'm relearning Ableton Live 9.

I use Acoustica Mixcraft 6, which is basically the iTunes of DAWs in that it's a very easy to learn, WYSIWYG sort of DAW that's been progressively getting more modern and technical. Shit, though, I had no idea Mixcraft 7 was already out. Looks like I can upgrade to Pro Studio for $75.

royalan

This has been, by far, the worst year in my adult life. All I can say to you is chin up. What to look forward to? That the people who love you will get to enjoy your life another day.

I'd also like to take a moment to thank the BCT for being there when I needed to spew my world online. I can say, without question, that y'all helped me immensely. You guys are nothing but the opposite of ain't shit..no doubt.

GodDAMN this liquor store is packed...

Happy New Year, BCT.

hypernima

Banned

Last two years have been complete shit for me also.
Every day i seek out new reasons to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom