• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jWILL253

Banned
I use Acoustica Mixcraft 6, which is basically the iTunes of DAWs in that it's a very easy to learn, WYSIWYG sort of DAW that's been progressively getting more modern and technical. Shit, though, I had no idea Mixcraft 7 was already out. Looks like I can upgrade to Pro Studio for $75.

Looks legit. Interface looks like it works best with multiple monitors to avoid clunkiness. How's the instrument organization?

My main problems with Ableton right now, are interface and organization. Coming from LPX, I've gotten so used to the horizontal look to arrangement and composition, that Ableton's vertical interface throws me off. Also, because everything works in "clips" in Ableton, it works best with a trigger pad accessory, which I don't have at the moment. Also, the way instruments and plugins are organized in Live is pretty damn terrible. In LPX, everything is categorized properly. In Ableton, most instruments are organized in umbrella categories (ie, "Kicks", "HiHat", etc), but lack any organization beyond that. And I have a bunch of sounds from Max Packs, so I often have to go through mountains of samples to find what I want.

For example, if I want an acoustic kick drum with a wider, fuller punch, in LPX, I could just go to one of the stock acoustic kits, set the kick up how I want it to be set up, and be done with it. In AL9, I have to go under the "Kicks" category in the Drums section, and play every sample one-by-one, because I have no idea which kick is which, because they aren't organized as such.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Alright fam, I'm out. Take care of yourselves and best of luck with everything. If you ever want to chat, I'm on Skype pretty often so I'll see you there.

Thanks for everything, I'll miss y'all. And of course, Happy New Years! <3

jWILL253

Banned
tumblr_ml6lzrEpFu1rijbg1o1_r1_500.gif

Bye Ishi... :'(

andthebeatgoeson

I got a personal attachment to Oklahoma! due to growing up here.

Legitimately, almost every single OK resident knows the goddamn play by heart. It sucks, but I enjoy it. It's just one of those things now that I do enjoy and can fucking sing for an hour without missing a word. I hate that I -can- do that. And it's still legit, too. Plenty of towns out here that are almost identical to the ones in the show.
If you like musicals, I recommend Little Shop of Horrors.

Merry New Year, brehs.

Edit:
Corbis-42-17430677.jpg

Bye Felishi

Onemic

Being forced to stay home because of the flu sucks :(

Alright fam, I'm out. Take care of yourselves and best of luck with everything. If you ever want to chat, I'm on Skype pretty often so I'll see you there.

later ishi :(

Slayven

I never got your skype name

Bye

cdyhybrid

Good luck with everything.

/salute

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Bye Ishi. Whenever your birthday comes, have a happy one.

5erFofP.jpg

Trey

This has been, by far, the worst year in my adult life. All I can say to you is chin up. What to look forward to? That the people who love you will get to enjoy your life another day.

I'd also like to take a moment to thank the BCT for being there when I needed to spew my world online. I can say, without question, that y'all helped me immensely. You guys are nothing but the opposite of ain't shit..no doubt.

Glad we could help.

Later Ishi, be easy.

Here's to new beginnings, ladies and gentlemen. See you on the other side.

Order

Bye Ishi.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

damnit ishi ;_;

check your pms

My new years resolution is to get my life going

Truth. My boss at USgamer wants us to have new mission statements for 2015, so I'm coming up with crazy new shit I can do for the site.

And I have to do more writing and drawing. And lose weight. But I'm not getting paid for the latter shit, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom