• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

GAF needs to make a resolution for 2015 to stop trusting OPs and reading articles. That entire thread is nothing but people reading the OP and complaining about wanting Smash Brothers Wii U to play more like Melee, when it's clear that's not what the hell Sakurai is talking about in the article.

That and stop using "clickbait" to describe any article you don't like.

Order

Slayven the type of follower that needs someone to make a joke first cause he has no clue how to be funny.

DUp1o.gif

strobogo

Banned
Have you ever in your life contributed anything of worth?

----

That's unnecessarily mean. You do (rarely) make me laugh with your antics.

I think you're kind of proving his point. You go too hard with your come backs and they come off like you're trying to be some hard ass or something. Just an innocent on looker's observation.

harSon

Banned
I feel bad for the Sears repairman who walks through my door. They canceled on me Monday, and rescheduled for today between 11-3PM. It's now 6:30PM and I had to call them to be told that the repair guy is running late, and he'll be here sometime between 7-8PM. And the soonest I can reschedule for is next week? I got places to be, but I'm not trying to hit up the laundry mat again. I'm about to channel Moms and end the night with a new Washer, Dryer and bedroom set.

Malyse

Has anyone ever used SQLite? I'm having some issues with MySQL for a mediawiki install and I was wondering if it was as simple as it looks.

Disregard. I'm not good enough at sql to fuck with this. My mind is too exhausted for this.

ReiGun

That and stop using "clickbait" to describe any article you don't like.

People really overestimate the value of their "clicks." I mean, they're important, but some folk act like you putting a grand straight into Stephen Totilo's pocket every time you read a Kotaku article on Anime Hentai Game #42043974385.

Crocodile

People be leaving? Why? :(

Anyway, happy New Years to all those in advance since I probably won't be near a computer for the next good while :)

GAF needs to make a resolution for 2015 to stop trusting OPs and reading articles. That entire thread is nothing but people reading the OP and complaining about wanting Smash Brothers Wii U to play more like Melee, when it's clear that's not what the hell Sakurai is talking about in the article.

One of Polygon's editors - I think it was McElroy - once posted a heat map of an article to show how much of an article readers actually read. It ended up being a section just below the fold (the bit you have to scroll past when a page first loads.) After that, most people never finish an article.

Nielsen research shows most people only read 20% of an article's text. Here's a thing on it.

Yes, as a writer by trade, this does depress me.

Malyse

One of Polygon's editors - I think it was McElroy - once posted a heat map of an article to show how much of an article readers actually read. It ended up being a section just below the fold (the bit you have to scroll past when a page first loads.) After that, most people never finish an article.

Nielsen research shows most people only read 20% of an article's text. Here's a thing on it.

Yes, as a writer by trade, this does depress me.

You could go the gawker route and write super short articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom