• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fuck?

---

Dat HB thread.

Reminder: I was juniored because I had two video game soundtrack threads open at once. And yet, HB apparently is allowed to keep posting creepy threads.

I wonder why
BFETu2Z.png

DominoKid

yall remember that documentary Bill Duke made about black women skin color issues called Dark Girls? well now he's making one called Light Girls.

beyond the fetishization aspect and having to deal w/ jealousy & problems from dark skin girls, i'm struggling to think of shit you could legitimately fill up a documentary with for this

here the trailer

Village

I mean, the tech work is fine, but I never liked vocaloids or Hatsune Miku, so taking it to the next logical level is still leaving me on the ground floor.

I would have been more interested if it had actually been a thing. Its just kind of presentation.

Like I dunno is there going to be soe type of game. Because since its Nomura it would just be an action rpg based around music.

Malyse

Lemme be sure I'm not way off base.

If I say that marvel has had a significant cultural impact on movies and I bring up how everyone is chasing the interconnected universe and that Spidey and X-Men kickstarted the superhero genre, that makes sense, right? It's fair to count the impact Spidey had towards marvel's cultural impact?
I would have been more interested if it had actually been a thing. Its just kind of presentation.

Like I dunno is there going to be soe type of game. Because since its Nomura it would just be an action rpg based around music.
This is your reminder that Nomura actually wanted to turn FFXV into a musical.

Village

Do you mean in the sense, the spiderman movies lead to marvel wanting to make their own studio? Or do you mean marvel inspiring the interconnected movies Sony is now super scrambling to figure out how to make?

The term super scrambling being used, because the lead actor admitted the film wasn't great there was a super hack revealing they kind of ran out of ideas to the degree in which they just wanted Marve to do it for them and keep some of dosh. I'm super invested in the production of the next spider man films now.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yeesh. I struggle to think of a game that has ever made me feel this much of anything about rob..err...scavenging from a certain area before.

My whole squad is depressed. Although, I did read the chef's bio, as well as my trader, and their thoughts are akin to, "I don't care where the food came from, we needed it," and, " people get got everyday, b."

Malyse

Do you mean in the sense, the spiderman movies lead to marvel wanting to make their own studio? Or do you mean marvel inspiring the interconnected movies Sony is now super scrambling to figure out how to make?

The term super scrambling being used, because the lead actor admitted the film wasn't great there was a super hack revealing they kind of ran out of ideas to the degree in which they just wanted Marve to do it for them and keep some of dosh. I'm super invested in the production of the next spider man films now.

I mean in the sense that Marvel is culturally relevant right now due in no small part to the Spider-Man trilogy.

Village

I mean in the sense that Marvel is culturally relevant right now due in no small part to the Spider-Man trilogy.

Yeah, they were gonna go bankrupt, why do you think they rushed into all those movie deals that are now working out shitty for them.

Edit: Irony whatever you call it, marvel needed to give those films to studios to help them continue to exist. And now that they can make it themselves they can't get some of em back.To get to the point disney saw them as a valuable asset they needed to go through that.

Village

Dude's telling me that marvel has nothing to do with the Spidey films.

I'm pretty sure there are multiple accounts of dudes talking about how they were consulting for marvel movies before they got their own studio. So that's not even a thing.Now of course, then was some marvel involvement.

Samara

yall remember that documentary Bill Duke made about black women skin color issues called Dark Girls? well now he's making one called Light Girls.

beyond the fetishization aspect and having to deal w/ jealousy & problems from dark skin girls, i'm struggling to think of shit you could legitimately fill up a documentary with for this

here the trailer

That brown/lightskin struggle. When strangers asked my mom if I was biracial I just smh. The fact that my own father said the same thing at my birth is what is most troubling. And I'm not that pale ffs. I just didnt put lotion on...

strobogo

Banned
What is the general consensus of Ice Cube as a rapper? To me, he was BY FAR the best member of NWA, and everything he did from AmeriKKK'a Most Wanted-Lethal Injection is just the best to me. I can't really tell you any songs besides It Was A Good Day, Check Yo Self, No Vaseline, and You Know How We Do It, but I've listened to those albums in full many, many times.

I love his angry as shit stuff in NWA and AMW, and I'm all about G-Funk. I was so sad that no one in Top Five mentioned him until the credits scene with Jerry motherfucking Seinfeld (which was illegitimately one of the highlights of my year, and the movie in general is probably the 3rd best movie I saw all year behind The Winter Soldier and Gone Girl. Top Five is a good ass movie.)

I have no idea how he is perceived by rap fans. I think he's rad.

DominoKid

man i felt so bad for him on that play. it was a great effort that turned into something really funny. but i knew that would instantly become the story of how "jameis lost the game" from the legions of media and fans that hate him. when really it was cook's fumbles and the defense that had already blew it by then.

Mortemis

Banned
man i felt so bad for him on that play. it was a great effort that turned into something really funny. but i knew that would instantly become the story of how "jameis lost the game" from the legions of media and fans that hate him. when really it was cook's fumbles and the defense that had already blew it by then.

The moment I saw it I knew twitter would have a field day with that play, don't mind since I'm laughing my ass off but yeah shit is pretty sad. Dude put in effort out there.

bets on when the FSU QB comes out as Bisexual before he retires/gets lost in the back-up game in the NFL or during? My guess is depends on if Drake shows up sitting next to his girl

Fuk yea just won a 3 vs 5 in Smite

Also how come I never heard of this movie "After Sex" about a bunch of couples one of which is Zoe Salsa a and Mila Kunis as a couple

So brehs I've been thinking of going clean shaven for a few months. But I've never use a razer to skin issues. Any advice?

Invest in a safety razor, good shaving cream/powder + shaving brush.

41Jmp2utH3L._SY300_.jpg

Nice warm damp towel on your face for a good 3 minutes before the shave and razor bump issues if you have them will no longer be a thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This War of Mine is bumming me out so much. There's no light at the end of the tunnel, friends. It just ends.

andthebeatgoeson

here the trailer
Just imagine all the experiences of 'all the good ones'. Or asking if they are Spanish. Touching their hair. Real light ones being mistaken for white; we all know how some white people talk when they don't think any black people are around. Hell, you believing there isn't enough to fill up a documentary can be chapter 4. My mother in law talked about being raped by the white son of the family she worked for. Being light skin had some benefits and some curses. You didn't want to be a pretty black woman in the 50s. Too many men thinking her goods where their property. I do have a theory that some black women wanted to be fat and undesirable back in the day. I've never seem it addressed but to avoid rape, 'by any means necessary.'

Off topic but I want to meet that white girl who kept saying 'nigger knots and BB shots and Lil baby astronauts' when I was 4. I went in the house and repeated it.

My mom's face changed and was like, 'Don't ever say that again'.

What is the general consensus of Ice Cube as a rapper? To me, he was BY FAR the best member of NWA, and everything he did from AmeriKKK'a Most Wanted-Lethal Injection is just the best to me. I can't really tell you any songs besides It Was A Good Day, Check Yo Self, No Vaseline, and You Know How We Do It, but I've listened to those albums in full many, many times.

I love his angry as shit stuff in NWA and AMW, and I'm all about G-Funk. I was so sad that no one in Top Five mentioned him until the credits scene with Jerry motherfucking Seinfeld (which was illegitimately one of the highlights of my year, and the movie in general is probably the 3rd best movie I saw all year behind The Winter Soldier and Gone Girl. Top Five is a good ass movie.)

I have no idea how he is perceived by rap fans. I think he's rad.
I probably would consider him for a top 10 position in a GOAT list. He was definitely the best rapper in NWA: No one else could have started Straight Outta Compton the way he did.

Anytime I think of old school West Coast rap artists I end up remembering Blackace and how he doesn't post on GAF anymore...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How many days did you last? I finally made a week, iirc. lol

11 so far. I'm not done, I just...it bums me out. I don't mean what I posted as any sort of spoiler because it isn't, it's my own feeling on how bleak everything is.

Went to scavenge at a place where a sniper was fucking with people. Got shot in the back as I was running away from his ass, got home with a can of food and a bullet in my back. Horrible trade. Stayed in bed all day. Things got worse.

Robbed an older couple, just for equipment, not food. Everyone in my group was really upset I did that, and didn't take into account my morality of the thieving I did. Regretted robbing them, and to help atone I went and sent one of our group off to rescue buried people in a building. Never came back.

Ugh.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sounds like one of those games that really makes you think about your choices. As opposed to Bioware's favorite "morality" mechanic AKA "PRESS LB TO RENEGADE, LOLOL". I should check that game out, you and Oldschool posting about it make it sound pretty cool.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like one of those games that really makes you think about your choices. As opposed to Bioware's favorite "morality" mechanic AKA "PRESS LB TO RENEGADE, LOLOL". I should check that game out, you and Oldschool posting about it make it sound pretty cool.

Jump on it quick, Steam Sale ends in a couple hours. It's only like 25% off but it helps.

I did see on the splash screens War Child had a hand in this - a charity that helps people in war-torn zones. So that'll help make you feel better.

But make no mistake, the morality stuff is all developed in my head - I'm invested 100% in what my people are doing and trying to live through, and in a way, that's the best way as opposed to +1 Kindness Points etc.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
11 so far. I'm not done, I just...it bums me out. I don't mean what I posted as any sort of spoiler because it isn't, it's my own feeling on how bleak everything is.

Went to scavenge at a place where a sniper was fucking with people. Got shot in the back as I was running away from his ass, got home with a can of food and a bullet in my back. Horrible trade. Stayed in bed all day. Things got worse.

Robbed an older couple, just for equipment, not food. Everyone in my group was really upset I did that, and didn't take into account my morality of the thieving I did. Regretted robbing them, and to help atone I went and sent one of our group off to rescue buried people in a building. Never came back.

Ugh.

I've been pushing off going to the dangerous areas, but I'm going to have to next time I play. Not looking forward to having to deal with this so soon.

Some dude came to my door looking for help. I could use the extra muscle, but I have no food for him.

It definitely is. I'm sure someone out there has probably "broken" the game (if it's possible), but, at the moment, every choice has an either long term or short term consequence.

I spent like 3 minutes going over if anyone was going to eat one night, or starve while I make a run for supplies to board up my base and upgrade utilities.

edit: Yea, I agree with Vince.

edit edit: Though, I'll add, that I'm not sure how deep the morality system runs. I'm kinda curious if anyone will leave the group, if you play to :demonic: like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom