• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crud

Banned
You're asking the "gaming age forum" to be normal breh... that's like me walking into the Coli and demanding them to stop talking about PAWGs.

I'm sorry no.

Playing video games and posting on a forum does not make you all fucking creepy and weird like that. A lack of real social interaction does. Some people are forever alone or virgins past 20 and 30 because they gave up on real people in the real world and its alot safer to post here. But I feel like its a responsibility to call people out on their fucking weird shit. Because obviously nobody in their lives gave a damn now they are socially bankrupt, and think its acceptable to make threads about looking at someone across a room or some shit or almost having sex with a person.

strobogo

Banned
You're asking the "gaming age forum" to be normal breh... that's like me walking into the Coli and demanding them to stop talking about PAWGs.

But everyone plays games now. It's not like it is some tiny part of the population. Games are fucking huge and ubiquitous. Consoles, hand helds, cell phones, Facebook, tablets. Toddlers to great grandparents play games every day. You can't use a "but they play video games" excuse in 2015.

Silky

Banned
But everyone plays games now. It's not like it is some tiny part of the population. Games are fucking huge and ubiquitous. Consoles, hand helds, cell phones, Facebook, tablets. Toddlers to great grandparents play games every day. You can't use a "but they play video games" excuse in 2015.

Not everyone posts in a gaming enthusiasts forum tho

We don't need the White Man, brehs

jWILL253

Banned
Personally, I don't really give much of a fuck about the weirdness of certain threads. More often than not, they provide decent laughs for me.

What I care about is the behavior of certain posters regarding race and sex. There are a WHOLE LOT of posters who make threads/posts that make women & people of color feel uncomfortable and/or unwelcome here. And the mods allow them to keep posting and making threads.

Young Magus

Anybody remember the thread that broke the camels back for them?

Mine was when the dude used his 3ds to take a creepier photo of a chick in a library so he could ask if it was cool to approach her

The first post I saw from HB broke the camel's back for me.

I think he lost his mod status a while back, or did he get it reinstated?

Not White Man!!!......(did not think I'd ever say that)
What happened?

Malyse

Personally, I don't really give much of a fuck about the weirdness of certain threads. More often than not, they provide decent laughs for me.

What I care about is the behavior of certain posters regarding race and sex. There are a WHOLE LOT of posters who make threads/posts that make women & people of color feel uncomfortable and/or unwelcome here. And the mods allow them to keep posting and making threads.

Well, there was also that grandma thread. That bothered me a lot.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

Being on a gaming forum doesn't mean you have to be a creep, or completely socially unaware.

Common sense dictates that you keep some shit to yourself regardless. Ultimately, people can throw the "community" explanation around, this is still a forum of strangers.

Social engineers would have a fucking field day in OT

Being on a gaming forum doesn't mean you have to be a creep, or completely socially unaware.

Common sense dictates that you keep some shit to yourself regardless. Ultimately, people can throw the "community" explanation around, this is still a forum of strangers.

Social engineers would have a fucking field day in OT

Common sense really isn't that common.

Silky

Banned
GyA8hM2.jpg

4l7UlX8.jpg

v8umJG2.jpg

z2i8vvA.jpg

e52m3Do.jpg

AVrSXLu.jpg

💀💀💀💀💀💀

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
just got a less terrible phone

any recommendations for good android apps/games?

MormaPope

Banned
Between joke posters, and the constant stupid ass sex threads in OT, it's why I post less and less often

For me its how easily appeased and/or excited people get over meta Gaf shit. I think there are posters that take pride in being on this site, and to me that's when I lose any energy to post.

Like, people on this forum will take credit for shit or act like developers/publishers read through every thread, taking notes on how to make their games better because Gaffers know best, of course! Only edge Gaf really has is quantity, more people, more topics and posts. But the quality of posts and how fun the conversations are, that's what matters.

G-Fex

For me its how easily appeased and/or excited people get over meta Gaf shit. I think there are posters that take pride in being on this site, and to me that's when I lose any energy to post.

Like, people on this forum will take credit for shit or act like developers/publishers read through every thread, taking notes on how to make their games better because Gaffers know best, of course! Only edge Gaf really has is quantity, more people, more topics and posts. But the quality of posts and how fun the conversations are, that's what matters.

That's true, it's just anything people do gaf related like a certain guy I know it's cringeworthy.

But I don't know, I just can't go along with threads started by joke posters or obvious fake threads for attention like that 5 women one.

strobogo

Banned
I remember blocking someone for the same reason. I don't remember who it was.

Look. It's unfortunate he looks like an extra rapist in the background in Alien 3. But that combined with his broken attitude towards women folk skeeve me right the fuck out.

Malyse

Why even go inside? He was hoping something would change. 2 entrees and ask for an additional meal? I might have left her at the restaurant.
Proper gentleman.

----

Billy Bat is fucking insane. If you like Monster and 20th Century Boys, you should absolutely check it out.

Crocodile

Ok so its not just me who think that OT thread is fucked up. Good. Never sure I'll understand the biological processes that lead to somebody posting topics or updates like that while thinking its a good idea :/

LOL - that is not collards on my head. Time to step the hair game up, breh.

--half an avocado
--1 whole banana
--1/2 cup coconut water
--1 tsp vitamin e oil

Combine and blend until smooth. Coat hair and let sit for one hour. Get softness and shine like you've never known, brehs.

Aside from the last ingredient (though I guess that's sort of the content of some of the vitamin E pills I've seen around?) that all belongs in somebone's stomach, not head. I know its not new or news but when did we as a species start putting food in places that weren't our mouths (or eventually destined for our mouths)? How did we happen upon that and keep doing it? I mean if you tell me its been centuries/millennia I won't be surprised but still seems weird to me.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Saw this pop up on NPR's codeswitch, thought it was worth sharing. It's insane that there exist killings where family still don't know the full story to this day despite documents existing that show what happened.

The Goal: To Remember Each Jim Crow Killing, From The '30s On

A group of Northeastern University law students have created The Civil Rights Restorative Justice Project, working to document every racially motivated killing in the American South between 1930 and 1970. So far, they've documented about 350 cases. Most of the crimes received little attention when they were committed, and often, even the family members of the victims don't know how their relatives died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaCax-yvCn4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom