• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
1370633706-1370633018877.jpg
His mama black? The fuck??

jWILL253

Banned
I already see a certain website getting filled up with GAF rejects who can't act right.

Uncensored healthy discussion my ass.

DominoKid

if Hoop Dreams doesn't count since it's a documentary, then yeah White Men Cant Jump is #1.

my top 5 are
1. Hoop Dreams
2. White Men Can't Jump
3. Space Jam
4. He Got Game
5. Blue Chips

Chick's direction of her nipple is perpendicular to her direction of her breast lol.

There's so much wrong with this image man, the theme being on some fucking tomfoolery. Like you're telling me there wasn't one dude of average intelligence who was like "nah" to this entire thing?

if Hoop Dreams doesn't count since it's a documentary, then yeah White Men Cant Jump is #1.

my top 5 are
1. Hoop Dreams
2. White Men Can't Jump
3. Space Jam
4. He Got Game
5. Blue Chips

this list is on point

best sports movies are easily boxing > baseball > basketball though.

soccer is shit-tier for movies. only one that was good was bend it like beckham.

Trey

Where do football films rate? Because I can watch Any Given Sunday and the Replacements an infinite number of times.

The only boxing flick I can think of is Ali. And that Tyson joint with Michael Jai White, I suppose.

cdyhybrid

Where do football films rate? Because I can watch Any Given Sunday and the Replacements an infinite number of times.

The only boxing flick I can think of is Ali. And that Tyson joint with Michael Jai White, I suppose.

Remember the Titans.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

the things i would do to that man, so cute

U.S. Schools Are Saying Goodbye to Foreign Languages

What has your folks experiences been with 2nd languages in schools?

That is so horrible. I took Japanese in high school and college and did a year abroad in Japan, it was a good experience. Back in high school, when the French and Spanish classes were filled up ( we could choose language classes) I was stuck with either Chinese/Mandarin or Japanese. Ended up taking Japanese and was only 1 of 2 Black students in the class. The other guy ended up switching mid semester to French when a spot opened up. All 4 years i was the only Black guy taking the class with a bunch of Chinese-American girls and some white students. I did remember when there was some sort of "contest" to send a student aboard to Japan and I really wanted to win but of course they gave it to a white student who afterwards hated the experience. I remember being so jealous at that time and swore I would go to Japan and ended up applying for it when i went to college.

The Hurricane another boxing flick..a Mr.Washington stars in it.

---

The fuck..that's one odd birthday invitation.

Just started watching Elementary. I was never a fan of Lucy Lui, but this show has changed my opinion on her...though that statement might be fueled by her constantly showing off her semi oiled legs in heeled shoes/boots. I'm also happy to see so far that they haven't written the Jet Jackson/Kevin Hart lookin dude as some bumbling idiot or is a drug dealer/dirty cop. So far though most of the cases are fairly obvious (which is always the case when they introduce 90% of the episode's characters in the first 3 minutes).

For a good cause..lol.

Always.

Slayven

Just started watching Elementary. I was never a fan of Lucy Lui, but this show has changed my opinion on her...though that statement might be fueled by her constantly showing off her semi oiled legs in heeled shoes/boots. I'm also happy to see so far that they haven't written the Jet Jackson/Kevin Hart lookin dude as some bumbling idiot or is a drug dealer/dirty cop. So far though most of the cases are fairly obvious (which is always the case when they introduce 90% of the episode's characters in the first 3 minutes).

Always.

Hahahaha Jet Jackson, damn man. Elementary is a good shot to chill too. Folks had it because it doesn't have that weird looking dude in it.

Sherlock is a legit show as well. But from what I've seen so far (only a few more episodes in season 1 to go) Elementary has done more than enough to establish itself as it's own thing that wasn't trying to steal Sherlock's lane. I never fully understood why Sherlock fanatics were rabid about Elementary when it was announced.

Sherlock is a legit show as well. But from what I've seen so far (only a few more episodes in season 1 to go) Elementary has done more than enough to establish itself as it's own thing that wasn't trying to steal Sherlock's lane. I never fully understood why Sherlock fanatics were rabid about Elementary when it was announced.
Asian female Watson?

Slayven

Internet going to Internet. I thought it was refreshing that that there were a man and woman having a friendship and it didn't have "when they going to fuck?" hanging over their head.

This thread I swear
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=964756

smh

Asian female Watson?

You'd think with her being an Asian female they'd be excited. But apparently preserving the male Watson and Sherlock bromance is stronger than yellow fever.

Internet going to Internet. I thought it was refreshing that that there were a man and woman having a friendship and it didn't have "when they going to fuck?" hanging over their head.

Yea, and I pray they don't ever give into that shit. I don't even want to see a drunken make out session or the cliche "you almost died and it was then I realized I loved you" moment. Keep this shit strictly platonic, the show will be better for it as it will force writers to actually be creative and not rely on such weak ass crutches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom