• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
AKA best Terra

That is not a high bar...

terraterm2.jpg

RP912

Banned
This new d angelo though....straight up butterfly collar, white print on the leather shoes, taking your girl out to Ihop type of music...so smooth.

royalan

Worked another double. On my feet all day. Cold, rainy, and Philadelphians are just generally lacking in fucks and manners.

But alas, I have found solace...

Don't nobody fuck with me for the rest of the day.

AND I got spicy recipe.

Malyse

Worked another double. On my feet all day. Cold, rainy, and Philadelphians are just generally lacking in fucks and manners.

AND I got spicy recipe.

It's a little weird how close chicken joints are to my place. Popeye's 2 minutes away, KFC 4 minutes away
hardees around the corner

Malyse

BlackJace

Damn, just found out my cousin was murdered :( http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/12/15/man-shot-and-killed-in-arden-arcade-area/

I know he was in and out of gangs, but it's always sad to see such a young man taken so early. He was supposedly trying to get out of that life, and was killed while playing Dominos over someone's house - for owing $100. Dude has a young child too :( I had just seen him at my uncle's funeral a few months back...

Holy shit, my condolences.

So if smash isn't a fighting game, what are these niggas doing? Platforming? Astronauting?

I'd say its an action platfomer, but I have no issues with people calling it a fighter.

royalan

I'll admit I'm on first listen and it's only track 3 I've hit...

...but DAMN I'm really not feeling this D'Angelo album.

hypernima

Banned

AND I got spicy recipe.

God I miss Philly, yo you ever been to the Popeyes near broad and snyder? they had a 5 dollar chicken box deal that I wish was nationwide

Edit: Damn, my condolences harSon

Damn, just found out my cousin was murdered :( http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/12/15/man-shot-and-killed-in-arden-arcade-area/

I know he was in and out of gangs, but it's always sad to see such a young man taken so early. He was supposedly trying to get out of that life, and was killed while playing Dominos over someone's house - for owing $100. Dude has a young child too :( I had just seen him at my uncle's funeral a few months back...
Damn, brother..my condolences to you and yours.

Slayven

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Damn. Condolences man...

So if smash isn't a fighting game, what are these niggas doing? Platforming? Astronauting?

lol. word.

I don't give a fuck what Sakurai has to say about it either.

God I miss Philly, yo you ever been to the Popeyes near broad and snyder? they had a 5 dollar chicken box deal that I wish was nationwide

I wish I knew this back in the day. All my chicken stops were usually after leaving clubs, so the only thing open was really Crown Fried Chicken.

Young Magus

Only have one final this week.
But its on Friday -_-.

Another topic, the samurai champloo soundtrack is always on point.

EDIT: My condolences harSon

royalan

You never drank the D koolaid in the first place though iirc

I thought VooDoo was a good album, much better than his first. :/

My problem with D'Angelo has always been that he's too unfocused. He takes the whole "I want this to sound natural, like a jam session" thing too literally, and a lot of the time it ends up sounding like a bunch of dudes went into the garage, and started hitting the same chords over and over while D'Angelo mumbled over it and occasionally hit you with a falsetto moment. There's no progression. No feeling that D'Angelo is leading the track. That groove you get in the first 10 seconds of the song will basically be the entire song. So far this is a definitely a problem with this album. Although I'm track 5 (Really Love) and I'm kinda feeling that.

Man, so far this album is just demonstrating why Maxwell never sweated D'Angelo. I appreciate that D'Angelo is a bona fide musician, but at some point you gotta give me some focus, some craftsmanship. I can't listen to whole albums of you mumbling while ol' dude on the bass in the back hits that same damn bouncy chord that's in 90% of your songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom