• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Magus

S3Vvo2R.gif

Yo...........I should use this gif more often.

The fuck is this?!

2. A storm is coming.

How big we talkin

Neither. They would ultimately put aside their differences and fuse into Slaydrop to fight Majin Bish.
I would pay good money for this. The fuckery from Slaydrop would top worldstar.

DominoKid

apparently Viola is gonna be Waller in the Suicide Squad flick.

good for long term casting but i was really hoping to see Oprah be a dick to everybody. i would've got a good kick out of that.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Meh. Typed up a decent response on that hatred bullshit (surprised it's still open), but it mirrored my thoughts on Battlefield to much, so I deleted it. I don't care to repeat myself. I swear, videogames can be cinematic, but when things start to get dicey, there is no such thing as context to be found in them.

Bish with the ominous message...

G-Fex

Meh. Typed up a decent response on that hatred bullshit (surprised it's still open), but it mirrored my thoughts on Battlefield to much, so I deleted it. I don't care to repeat myself. I swear, videogames can be cinematic, but when things start to get dicey, there is no such thing as context to be found in them.

Bish with the ominous message...

too cinematic. That's the problem with games.

RomanceDawn

Hey whats the general thoughts around here on Black Jesus? I saw previews for it a while ago and just thought "oh no, here we go..." But after watching it for the first time today it was unlike I imagined. There was a little more substance to it. I guess that's the word I'm looking for.

Furyous

Just to add to the awards:

Best IG model
Best IG Exotic Dancer
Best IG yoga practicioner
The never heard of him award

This dude Daylyt dressed up like a slave for a rap battle.

What's it like living in Portland?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
No, he wasn't right, jackasses.
Indeed. Just playing around on one of Jandro's favorite phrases, but for anyone keeping score of course he was wrong. Dude was a waking L, saying dumb shit long before the rant that got him banned.

jWILL253

Banned
So, there's this Thai lady on my Facebook I don't remember adding, and I think she's trying to hit on me through my inbox. I mean, she's cute and all but.

She asking me how old I am and shit. I'm uncomfortable, lol.

J10

Banned
Hey whats the general thoughts around here on Black Jesus? I saw previews for it a while ago and just thought "oh no, here we go..." But after watching it for the first time today it was unlike I imagined. There was a little more substance to it. I guess that's the word I'm looking for.

I liked it, but I think I'm in the minority around here.

I'M IN THE MINORITY AROUND HERE. OMG

RP912

Banned

Saw two episodes and tapped out. I got a few chuckles, but it was overkill try hard.

Malyse

So, there's this Thai lady on my Facebook I don't remember adding, and I think she's trying to hit on me through my inbox. I mean, she's cute and all but.

You should deffo block her.

Imm0rt4l

sounds like spam/fake account.

royalan

I enjoyed it.

It's not laugh-a-minute funny, and it lacks the deeper social commentary and "Message!" component that made the early seasons of Boondocks compelling to watch even when it wasn't being funny. But still, it IS funny, and there is an earnestness there that we haven't really gotten from Aaron McGruder in a while. The show's got heart; you can tell it's a project Aaron enjoys being on.

Looking forward to next season.

Just to add to the awards:

Best IG model
Best IG Exotic Dancer
Best IG yoga practicioner
The never heard of him award

This dude Daylyt dressed up like a slave for a rap battle.

What's it like living in Portland?

Best IG twerker would always go to Mizz Twerksum 😍

no matter what forum/ person we are claiming.

Gorillaz

I enjoyed it.

It's not laugh-a-minute funny, and it lacks the deeper social commentary and "Message!" component that made the early seasons of Boondocks compelling to watch even when it wasn't being funny. But still, it IS funny, and there is an earnestness there that we haven't really gotten from Aaron McGruder in a while. The show's got heart; you can tell it's a project Aaron enjoys being on.

that's what I feel alot when I watched it also. Doesn't feel as cynical as he got near the end of his Boondocks run

Random: What was the name of that movie about two families in a small town and their kids are kidnapped/go missing. And the parents start accusing other members of the community and they're demanding justice. I think the police officer is played by Jake Gyllenhall or Colin Farrel or one of those guys. Pretty sure it came out this year.

RomanceDawn

I enjoyed it.

Heart, that's what I was looking for. I knew it was McGruder but for some reason I was expecting to be embarrassed like I was watching basket ball wives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom