• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked FF13 because I liked Fang so much, and it was okay. I'd rank it lower in the overall mainline games. I enjoyed playing FF13-2 but hated how it ended so much, made the whole endeavor feel like such a gigantic waste, enough to never bother with FF13-3.

Honestly I thought Fang was the only decent character in that series. Vanille is annoying as shit, as is Sera, Snow, Sazh and everyone else. Lightning? Meh

Malyse

Oh, so y'all count the handheld retreads? I get it, but niggas out here want dat III, but all we've been getting is handheld B-level games and a couple remasters. If I want a Lamborghini Aventador, I'm not settling for a fucking Ford.

---

I cannot believe there was a legit debate in the last thread about whether or not a Marvel hero could take on a Titan. Spiderman would just God-Mode these niggas. These things are Yung Berg of monsters.
BBS and 3D had almost all new exclusive worlds. [chi] has at least one new world and ties heavily to the plot of KH3. In fact, they brought it up in both the coded movie and the private KH3 trailer from the II.5 launch event. It's not my problem that you want to dismiss the side titles like they don't matter. Enjoy not knowing what's happening for like all of KH3 and or having to watch flashbacks and read plot synopses constantly.

Malyse

1. I dislike Sora.
2. Fucking Gummi Ships.
3. Combat felt... off

Birth by Sleep felt more fluid to play and gripped me from the outset. Plus the command board was great.

I'd recommend everyone at least give Lightning Returns a chance, the combat is that good.
Well KH2 still has gummi ships, but they play closer to star fox and can occasionally be fun. Plus they seem to take less time. Sora is Sora, but you should give KH2 Sora a shot. You prolly like Roxas though. As for combat? You're going to like it a lot. I like the command deck in BBS, RE:coded, 3D, but drive is fucking magical. Plus limit form is amazing. Simply, there's more combat options in KH2 than there are in any other KH title and the game will force you to explore them.

Mortemis

Banned
Unless it says III, it doesn't count, you know?

Armor beat that ass yet?

Not even there yet, the absent silhouettes are so fun tho.

Playing it on the Vita just felt like a chore, so I didn't finish it. One day, I probably will but it'll take a long time.

Type 0 doesn't have camera control because it's a PSP game (people tend to forget that). Clunky would be an understatement. But I think the world, characters and story/conflict are worth exploring.

I find the opposite to be true with FFXIII (not even sure why they're being compared one is a PSP game the other is a big budget PS3 game). FFXIII-2 has better combat, but the characters, world and story are wack as fuck so I end up tuning out quickly.

To me the best combat belonged to FFXII though. One of the few jRPGs in which I looked forward to combat.

Yeah that makes sense, I really like what I hear of the setting, characters aren't that interesting but its much more interesting than FFXIII imo. Sucks that the game is janky, I'm hoping the ps4 version fixes camera complaints but from what I see it looks like its still up close.

Also KH2 is fun as hell blackmarvel. Especially the FM version, story isn't up there but I'm having a blast right now.

Malyse

Not even there yet, the absent silhouettes are so fun tho.

Yeah that makes sense, I really like what I hear of the setting, characters aren't that interesting but its much more interesting than FFXIII imo. Sucks that the game is janky, I'm hoping the ps4 version fixes camera complaints but from what I see it looks like its still up close.

Also KH2 is fun as hell blackmarvel. Especially the FM version, story isn't up there but I'm having a blast right now.

Oh you ain't in it yet. Getting the three crowns on critical is on of the hardest things I've ever done. Losing battles and not even knowing what happened is a critical hit to pride.

I thought Vanille was the most annoying of them all but wasn't as annoyed with the rest as you were.

Fang makes a better Lightning than Lightning and is hot? I think we're good here.

I have evidence that this isn't true.

Exhibit A:

Punching_Snow.gif

The court rests.

-------

I think I'll pick up Kingdom Hearts 2.5 after Christmas, thanks guys!

As for Type 0, I truly feel sorry for anyone who played on PSP. That camera control was an abomination.

Gotta send in my 3DS for repairs. Damn thing turns off when I close it instead of going into Sleep Mode. My warranty also ran out 10 days ago but they're gonna give me the no-cost hookup anyways.
rXhka.png

Mortemis

Banned
My ps4 feels like the left out step child right now. Gonna need something to play on it.

I think FFXIV is gonna have a free trial soon, and I think some of y'all play it. As someone who is not much of an mmo fan, how would it be?

My friends confirmed for aint shit status. :(

Congrats!

It was funny. He called me this morning and asked if I would give him my 3ds xl. I said sure. He said he'll make it up to me I said yo it's all good you my boy. An hour later this cat comes to the house a plops a 500 gb PS4 on the floor and says merry Christmas. I dam near teared up. He had a shit load of statues and shit that he sold to someone for the loot. And got a deal. So that's whatsup.

My ps4 feels like the left out step child right now. Gonna need something to play on it.

I think FFXIV is gonna have a free trial soon, and I think some of y'all play it. As someone who is not much of an mmo fan, how would it be?

If you don't play MMOs it can be a bit overwhelming at first. But it's not that bad, if there's a free trial give it a go. I'm pretty much done with it myself.

Malyse

Gotta send in my 3DS for repairs. Damn thing turns off when I close it instead of going into Sleep Mode. My warranty also ran out 10 days ago but they're gonna give me the no-cost hookup anyways.
rXhka.png

N is like Amazon in the customer service department. They absolutely don't fuck around when it comes to fixing your shit.

These are all fucking great, btw.

Add me on PSN.

PM me your psn.

That's usually me as the hustler.

Revanche is one of Riovane's biggest fans (RIP), named himself after Rio for his PSN account.

Riovane is the greatest motherfucker I know. That man is just fucking awesomeness personified. Too bad these younger brothers and sisters didn't have a chance to meet this pillar of the community.

Mortemis

Banned
If you don't play MMOs it can be a bit overwhelming at first. But it's not that bad, if there's a free trial give it a go. I'm pretty much done with it myself.

Yeah I'm gonna give it a go whenever it starts, haven't had an mmo click for me but I haven't tried many at all so I'm more open to it.

My psn is Mortemisiv, Rio.

RP912

Banned
I'm still rocking my ps3 like its 2008 all over again. I'm dead set on staying pc only until a new Gran Tursimo comes through...

I'm reading through the Bible because why not, it's light reading; and it's crazy how Bugs Bunny calling Elmer Fudd a Nimrod facetiously caused the word to take on a negative connotation.

I thought nimrod meant 'an idiot' for the longest time.

Just be glad you don't know any Latin. Soooo many "romanized" terms got butchered.

strobogo

Banned
I'm reading through the Bible because why not, it's light reading; and it's crazy how Bugs Bunny calling Elmer Fudd a Nimrod facetiously caused the word to take on a negative connotation.

I thought nimrod meant 'an idiot' for the longest time.

Lol. "Light" reading. I read through the Torah, New Testament, and Koran and I wouldn't call them "light" reading unless you love confusing passages that don't make sense literally or metaphorically and THEE THOU DOEST THYNE type shit.

My boyfriend showed me those things (headphonyans) a while back. They look like the signature piece of aesthetic equipment for a DJ that doesn't exist yet.

Trey

Just be glad you don't know any Latin. Soooo many "romanized" terms got butchered.

I bet. Language is funny like that.

Lol. "Light" reading. I read through the Torah, New Testament, and Koran and I wouldn't call them "light" reading unless you love confusing passages that don't make sense literally or metaphorically and THEE THOU DOEST THYNE type shit.

I'm reading the Old Testament and it's a modified english translation with certain caveats. Amazon gave it to me for free. No 'thee, thou' stuff so far.

Mortemis

Banned
That's so stupid...

What's the point of speakers on top of headphones. DJ equipment?

Lolol, shit looks like something you'd see in a parody.

strobogo

Banned
I bet. Language is funny like that.

I'm reading the Old Testament and it's a modified english translation with certain caveats. Amazon gave it to me for free. No 'thee, thou' stuff so far.

In that translation, is God still an absolute cunt to the Egyptians, Jews, and Moses?

Speaking of those cat ear headphones has anybody seen people in public wearing animal tails? Like as an accessory. I've seen it on the train a few times, they tend to be scene kids. It's some dumb shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom