• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

This thread I swear
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=964756

smh

You'd think with her being an Asian female they'd be excited. But apparently preserving the male Watson and Sherlock bromance is stronger than yellow fever.

Yea, and I pray they don't ever give into that shit. I don't even want to see a drunken make out session or the cliche "you almost died and it was then I realized I loved you" moment. Keep this shit strictly platonic, the show will be better for it as it will force writers to actually be creative and not rely on such weak ass crutches.

yeah and I love Liu's "Dis Nigga" faces.

jmood88

The ladies do not approve of Obama's form:

Uf77wKy.jpg
Obama is just having a good time being president at this point. I

jmood88

Where do football films rate? Because I can watch Any Given Sunday and the Replacements an infinite number of times.

The only boxing flick I can think of is Ali. And that Tyson joint with Michael Jai White, I suppose.
Friday Night Lights needs to be watched by everyone.

Very good show. You are going to see some shit by season five and six. I'll warn you right now.
It's been pretty wild already. Halfway through season 4 now.
Scared the shit out of me, and will never watch it again.
lol..certainly helping me in the "I never wanna go to prison" department.

Definitely odd seeing soo many actors I know from elsewhere just creep me the fuck out. Pretty crazy..

Kreed

Anyone else besides me shake their head when seeing black made/controlled products, groups, companies, teams, etc... with ape or monkey related names? Brothers wearing "Red Ape" clothing, the police killer being in "Black Gorilla Family", etc...

Village

Uh.... what? IS there a word for that ^

Yea, and I pray they don't ever give into that shit. I don't even want to see a drunken make out session or the cliche "you almost died and it was then I realized I loved you" moment. Keep this shit strictly platonic, the show will be better for it as it will force writers to actually be creative and not rely on such weak ass crutches.

Sexuality makes the bucks mayne.

No love for Shaolin Soccer?

that was pretty fun, forgot about that. aint got shit on the best of the movies for other sports tho.

friday night lights movie is awesome, the tv show is even better.

speaking of which y'all should check out a documentary "undefeated", it won the oscar for best doc a couple years ago and is on netflix. it's legit shot just like FNL too and the coach is a damn good man.

made me do the
mjcry1.png
a few times

harSon

Banned
this list is on point

best sports movies are easily boxing > baseball > basketball though.

soccer is shit-tier for movies. only one that was good was bend it like beckham.

Bend it like Beckham was horse shit. The Damned United, the previously mentioned Shaolin Soccer, and if it counts - Green Street Hooligans - are infinitely better films. But yeah, Soccer is probably among the worst sports for quality films.

As for Basketball, Rebound: The Legend of Earl "The Goat" Manigault is always criminally underlooked.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bend it like Beckham was horse shit. The Damned United, the previously mentioned Shaolin Soccer, and if it counts - Green Street Hooligans - are infinitely better films. But yeah, Soccer is probably among the worst sports for quality films.

As for Basketball, Rebound: The Legend of Earl "The Goat" Manigault is always criminally underlooked.
preach harson

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Tropical Freeze looks so skressfull. I know it's a speedrun, but geeze. Some of these stages look hard as hell to play through normally. lol

Malyse

Dissidia actually has too much content. Like holy shit. I've sunk 136 hours and I'm still leveling characters and skills and unlocking items.

Man, Halo Reach's soundtrack is basically "Had Me Feeling Some Type of Way: The Score." I know the Halo franchise kept on going after, but with the seriously depressing campaign (even by Halo standards) and the implication that this was basically the very definitely final halo title just has me catching feelings every time I listen to it. All the extra ambient Gregorian hymns are great, too.

Album art should just be Noble Six with
mjcry1.png
barely visible beneath the visor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom