• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random: What was the name of that movie about two families in a small town and their kids are kidnapped/go missing. And the parents start accusing other members of the community and they're demanding justice. I think the police officer is played by Jake Gyllenhaal or Colin Farrell or one of those guys. Pretty sure it came out this year.

Prisoners. It's on some versions of Netflix.

Malyse

What does everyone do? As in job?

I'm a licensed life and health insurance agent with Aflac, with a degree in web development.

jWILL253

Banned
This woman just told me she has two kids: 19 & 21, and she makes money for them to live. She wants to move to the States, but doesn't know how, and doesn't have the means to.

I need a polite way to "Nope" out of this convo.

This woman just told me she has two kids: 19 & 21, and she makes money for them to live. She wants to move to the States, but doesn't know how, and doesn't have the means to.

Shit screams "scam". Like it's hollering it. I have no clue why you're trying to be nice. Simply stop responding.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

BYE, FELICIA

Gorillaz

nah nigga you her meal ticket now

Whose uncle is this?

BQhwQAkCYAAj0f3.jpg

Young Magus

What does everyone do? As in job?

I'm a licensed life and health insurance agent with Aflac, with a degree in web development.

Full-time student here

How you cats feel about VH1 making that black sorority reality show? Shit seems so damn ignorant and really just reinforces the stereotypes America has of black females. Half of that shit is VH1 fucketry too.

Word, appreciate it.

Its fuckery of the highest order, sad part is that folks will watch it.

Show her the bottom picture and tell her that's what you look like

Whose uncle is this?

BQhwQAkCYAAj0f3.jpg

Slay, what the fuck you did you do?

andthebeatgoeson

How you cats feel about VH1 making that black sorority reality show? Shit seems so damn ignorant and really just reinforces the stereotypes America has of black females. Half of that shit is VH1 fucketry too.
The one person I knew upset by it loved basketball wives. Was upset because it didn't portray them in the best light. Can't support just one side of fuckery.

Just got done watching Prisoners. My dude Jake Gyllenhaal went in on this shit, scratch that the entire cast did a dope ass job.

Damn…damn.

Whose uncle is this?

BQhwQAkCYAAj0f3.jpg

How this motherfucker hair look like chocolate mousse. Look like he got finger waves and a freeze from a goddamn bakery. This cat hair was done by Chef boyardee. I didn't know Sara Lee had her own hair products line. Why LeBron uncle doing an interview now. Lookit it's the Gingerbread Pimp. Motherfucker look like Iceberg Slims accountant.

Jacir

Just finished watching the video. Its interesing. Sadly I have the unfortunate inability to express myself since eternity. I need to work on it. I got more than that by watching but internalizing has a limit. That mental process of dealing with my own matters needs to be broken because its not working for me. Thanks for the link, I appreciate it.

Just got done watching Prisoners. My dude Jake Gyllenhaal went in on this shit, scratch that the entire cast did a dope ass job.

Damn…damn.

Gylenhaal was cool but I really liked jackman the most in here. Dude was scary

And paul dano has been sonned in like the last 3 or 4 movies he's been in now lmao

Kreed

So, there's this Thai lady on my Facebook I don't remember adding, and I think she's trying to hit on me through my inbox. I mean, she's cute and all but.

She asking me how old I am and shit. I'm uncomfortable, lol.

Nah, my hairline is still in tact. Also, I don't look like Slayven.

EDIT: So, I just gave her all the legal info about how to immigrate to the US and logged out. Nothing else!

This is one of those scams you see on Dateline, with some old man giving up 20k to a woman he's only been talking to online for 10 minutes, only to find out it's a Nigerian man on the other side living large off the money. Reverse image search and you'll probably find some social media model's instagram account.

Hey whats the general thoughts around here on Black Jesus? I saw previews for it a while ago and just thought "oh no, here we go..." But after watching it for the first time today it was unlike I imagined. There was a little more substance to it. I guess that's the word I'm looking for.

The show is hilarious after a couple of warm up episodes and the other characters get more fleshed out. A lot of Boondocks fans were disappointed though because many were expecting some sort of important message or soap box type show for the black community. But if you go into it expecting a comedy only and not waiting for a message you'll enjoy it.

S/o to Terrence Martin on the sax. I thought I recognized his sound. Listened to his Christmas album, Times. Lamar is transcending as an artist. Which is scary because he's already god-tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom