• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroMW

This is going to be fun... Yall already know who I'm waiting for to post in that thread.

Aarz9d2.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i'm shocked at the sheer volume of racist or straight up religion bashing posts in that paris shooting thread. literally pages on pages of bullshit. unreadable

DY_nasty

Are you really?

this time, yeah

at least in the boston bomber thread, there were actual updates pushing the thread more than rhetoric and fukkey

(also, anyone comparing the two incidents is fucking clown for a bunch of reasons)

Kreed

this time, yeah

at least in the boston bomber thread, there were actual updates pushing the thread more than rhetoric and fukkey

(also, anyone comparing the two incidents is fucking clown for a bunch of reasons)

Non black brown people, Europe, religion, and "terrorism". All the GAF "it's ok, you won't get banned for talking shit" green lights all in one topic. Only thing missing is the killers being Microsoft employees.

Non black brown people, Europe, religion, and "terrorism". All the GAF "it's ok, you won't get banned for talking shit" green lights all in one topic. Only thing missing is the killers being Microsoft employees.

You forgot the Europe apologists and subsequent American posters that bash Europe.

And something about Chipotle, diarhhea, tipping, personal health and jaggies.

Fuck you Sub Zero.

/fuck. You./

I'm going to continue jamming the gay olympics part of the BCT cycle in here one finger at a time until it's a mainstay long after I'm dead and gone

Man, this older lady that Joan is trying to prove is a Mafia head (Elana) on Episode 1 of Season 3's Elementary...*wipes brow*

Probably looks much worse outside of the show tho...but I'mma dream this one anyway.

harSon

Banned
i'm shocked at the sheer volume of racist or straight up religion bashing posts in that paris shooting thread. literally pages on pages of bullshit. unreadable

Yeah, I don't even bother going into threads even remotely related to religion - especially those involving Islam. It's just a cesspool of stupidity and ignorance. I don't even watch Bill Maher anymore because of it (although his collection of stupid as fuck positions seems to be growing exponentially on an annual basis). The few times I have gone in, I've always left straight up disgusted. It's straight up Stormfront at times.

D i Z

Man, this older lady that Joan is trying to prove is a Mafia head (Elana) on Episode 1 of Season 3's Elementary...*wipes brow*

Probably looks much worse outside of the show tho...but I'mma dream this one anyway.

Might be one of maybe five characters outside of the main cast that I even remember. For obvious reasons.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Not going to name names but what really gets me is it's not only the usual suspects spouting their usual bullshit but some normally reasonable posters also chiming in, spreading hate and FUD to obfuscate the topic at hand. No point in even following the thread, I'll keep tabs via other sources. It's a shame though because usually GAF is ahead of the news in cases like this but I can't wade through all that bullshit just to get the one or two posts who are actually interested in updating and not beating the "we need to get rid of the muslim & brown people" drum.

DY_nasty

Not going to name names but what really gets me is it's not only the usual suspects spouting their usual bullshit but some normally reasonable posters also chiming in, spreading hate and FUD to obfuscate the topic at hand. No point in even following the thread, I'll keep tabs via other sources. It's a shame though because usually GAF is ahead of the news in cases like this but I can't wade through all that bullshit just to get the one or two posts who are actually interested in updating and not beating the "we need to get rid of the muslim & brown people" drum.
its bad... like fuck

anyways, shit'll give me more than a little to write about in class in the coming weeks

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so, for some reason I had never watched Gravity until today

that's a good-ass movie

I could nitpick the fact that everything was so close together up in orbit, but why do that when the movie was so good at building tension and showing kickass space collisions?

Yep. Ultra and KOF. Probably will get bodied in both.

It's a good thing I'm the only good player of KOF in here (probably) that's the only thing I can hold against you niggas #kappa

y'all would wiggle the joystick and push all the right buttons to beat up your homie, but y'all wouldn't wiggle the joystick and push all the right buttons to beat off your homie?

that's a good-ass movie

I could nitpick the fact that everything was so close together up in orbit, but why do that when the movie was so good at building tension and showing kickass space collisions?

I feel like it was basically this generation's Alien, honestly.

DY_nasty

^naw breh

that's a good-ass movie

be brown in space brehs

I tried to pop in with some logic, but the thread moves to fast and some people just don't care to listen.

ehhh....I don't know about that

Think about it! Movie capitalizing on fear of the unknown manifests as man vs nature (kind of) in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Keeping things fresh, Alien explores those same fears but with a tangible entity.

Come the present where we've had nothing but aliens for god knows how long, someome decides to flip the concept on its head again and go with the man vs space nature theme.

that's a good-ass movie

I feel like the ending could have been improved
if we were left uncertain as to whether she survived or not
but aside from that, it was an enjoyable watch.

Trey

Silky look like he damn near caught frostbite just to take a selfie of himself in his jacket.

Frozen in time, and not just because it's a photo. Jacket looks nice though; good cop.

Slayven

Silky looks like Rev's son.

Like they have matching purple 8 button suits with hats. Calling themselves the Lightskinned Dynamic Duo

Silky

Banned
Silky look like he damn near caught frostbite just to take a selfie of himself in his jacket.

Frozen in time, and not just because it's a photo. Jacket looks nice though; good cop.

"I'm in this blizzard...but this selfie gonna be hot tho"

Silky looks like Rev's son.

Like they have matching purple 8 button suits with hats. Calling themselves the Lightskinned Dynamic Duo

Nigga I'm not Steve Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom