• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so I've hit a bit of a snag. I'm trying to come up with a gameplay mechanic and nothing good is coming to mind, so I thought I'd ask the audience. What non combat function can you think of for a scythe that can't be done with a sword, whip, or gun? Grabbing and pulling can be done with the whip, cutting with the sword, piercing with the gun, ect. I have one not great idea but if someone has a better one that would be aces.

Scoop and pull a group

Malyse

Are you making a game or something?

Did you miss all concept art I posted? 😢

I talk about it often; yes I'm making a game
hopefully received well enough to make sequels
starring this young lady:

commission_bludeani_by_tenpoundpixel-d8cooeu.png

Scoop and pull a group
That's combat too. Im thinking like puzzle solving and platforming.
Detachable blade on a chain for a hookshot like effect?
Whip covered that.

akira28

teleportation scythe!!

the kind with a handle grip in the middle. cuts through space-time.

spin it around and it creates a portal that you can position on the screen. like there's a setup animation where she readies the scythe, then you see a ghost portal cursor that you put where you want the effect to go, and then abracadabra, she does the thing, and bam. portal of whatever flavor you want. You could make a falling portal, a jumping one, one for moving things through, one for redirecting projectiles aimed at you, or enemies, etc.

Slayven

teleportation scythe!!

the kind with a handle grip in the middle. cuts through space-time.

spin it around and it creates a portal that you can position on the screen. like there's a setup animation where she readies the scythe, then you see a ghost portal cursor that you put where you want the effect to go, and then abracadabra, she does the thing, and bam. portal of whatever flavor you want. You could make a falling portal, a jumping one, one for moving things through, one for redirecting projectiles aimed at you, or enemies, etc.
Like Skurge's axe,

akira28

DiDi, i'm going to say that Slayven and I are available for cash money to assist you in developing game mechanics.

cash money and hot magical girls.

Malyse

what is your favorite reputable news source ?
I get emails from Daily Beast and Heavy. Bout to hop on with Mic too.

-----

Cross posting

Sup, GAF-Hop.

I dunno if anyone in here is big on podcasts, but the latest Song Exploder dives into The Battlefield by Ghostface Killah (and generally into the concept for 36 Seasons). It's a good listen, IMO.

Plus, if they get a spike in downloads for covering hip hop and rap, they'll prolly do it more often.

In any case, listen to it here.
DiDi, i'm going to say that Slayven and I are available for cash money.

That's kind of you, thanks.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
like real shit... if these dudes actually get away

fuck
what is your favorite reputable news source ?

when it comes to speed or actual article pieces? because honestly an internet message board can bring you more shit, faster than any dedicated news site. god bless social media

hypernima

Banned

Whip covered that.

wait, you making a game and aint tryna let a nigga help with some art and shit. smh :(

the real fucked up thing is that news is gonna report some crazy random white guy blew up a bomb or something at NAACP building

and in bigger news, Islam just made a terror attack on Paris Magazine to silence free speech!

#whitesupremacy

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I like NPR, mostly for their radio broadcasts but they have a good web presence too. Going to second Al Jazeera, really good for getting an unbiased coverage of national and international events.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I like NPR, mostly for their radio broadcasts but they have a good web presence too. Going to second Al Jazeera, really good for getting an unbiased coverage of national and international events.

i had to do a 180 on al jazeera over the years because of some fukkery a friend of mine got caught up in during the earlier parts of the iraq war

but they do solid work worldwide. probably the best up and coming by a large margin too

D i Z

this paris shit is crazy

What's nuts is that there have been several failed terrorist attacks that they caught in the last couple of weeks before this one. These fools went into full court press mode when they said they were gonna make France feel it.

Sou Da

Earth-2-Worlds-End-14-2015-Page-22.jpg

Can't imagine why.

"can you edit those disgusting nig puffs out? nappy nog hair always disgusts me, even in drawn form"

There's an entire conversation where a black dude chimes in and and another dude goes down his throat saying stuff like

"Oh shut up, you don't really read comics. You just want something "nerdy" to put on your t-shirt so you look less threatening to white women."

Really shouldn't go into threads like these but I guess I can't help myself.

J10

Banned

Whip covered that.

You need music? Sound design?

Sou Da

Well..I'm in a bad mood now..

That conversation goes to a really shitty place where a guy starts breaking out troll science about the hormone levels of minorities saying "Black men have more estrogen causing them to act like women etc"

Dream you ain't make the new PG a thread? Shame

We've known about her for a while and that thread would just be filled with idiots who don't understand what legacy characters are and why minorities don't often get to be "their own character"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom