• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

LAWD, this weekend I have discovered MIGOS!!!

Why y'all been holding out!?

M6Ik3h0.gif

Hit it with a left
Hit it with right
I'mma knock the bussy out like fight night

C5fohNV.gif

Those gifs are of twerkteam, Migos is some mediocre party rap group. Only song of theirs I fuck with is Versace, and I only listen to the Drake verse.
You've convinced me even more to stay away..but, I must ask. Did you just say there was a team..that "twerks" as the kids call it? Interesting..

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I swear one of the worst things about having a roommate is them borrowing stuff and not returning it and better yet, borrowing it and leaving it at someone's house. ugh. my roommate who is a text-a-holic is not returning my texts. wtf

Akainu

I'm new to this Azealia Banks girl. The first part of what she said is pretty much how I see it, but then wizards? Does she always have these lucid periods and crazy ones?

I'm new to this Azealia Banks girl. The first part of what she said is pretty much how I see it, but then wizards? Does she always have these lucid periods and crazy ones?
Her entire job, existence, and meaning in life, is to be ain't shit. She dropped one record in the past decade, and before that was a one hit wonder. Now she survives on handouts from her equally insane fans (some of who are in popgaf because "she's transparent.")

royalan

thats you in your avatar? damn royalan you look cute.

Teehee *.*

----

Part of the reason I drag Azealia Banks at every opportunity is because she pisses me the fuck off. And she pisses me off because she really is fucking. talented.

People try to lump her in with "female Hip Hop" in an attempt to marginalize her, and it's like nah...Azealia Banks is one of the most talented, interesting MCs to hit the scene in years. Man or woman. Period.

Listening to her album, she has a genuine perspective and understanding of that 90 House/Classic Hip Hop she channels. Like, she's doing something in Hip Hop that literally nobody else is.

And I just wish she wasn't so dumb-as-shit in her opinions and so self-destructive to her own career...because she really is something.

I was born by the river in a little tent
Oh and just like the river I've been running ever since
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will

It's been too hard living but I'm afraid to die
Cause I don't know what's up there beyond the sky

I go to the movie and I go downtown somebody keep telling me don't hang around

Then I go to my brother