• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Attack on Titan is whiny garbage.

Like, this anime isn't just bad. It's pure, unfiltered shit-stain on my television.

Like, WHAT WAS EVER THE BIG DEAL HERE?

Attack on Titan was the first anime that regular people talked about around me since Naruto back in H.S. I was so disappointed with that show when I finally watched it, some windy screaming bullshit.

mangas still pretty good since there isnt flashbacks and constant yelling and shits finally getting explained.Shits more political in the recent chapters i think

Mikasa shouldve been the main character tho or at least not so attached to Eren

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Except most of the people who died you barely. Niggas had me thinking it was all "Anyone can get got!" but eventually it's easy to see who is actually in danger and who is the cannon fodder.

Akame ga kill is better in the "anyone can get got" class. There are some brutal shockers in that one.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I was considering checking this one out. How is it overall? I'm not down for shows that get out of hand with fan service or other questionable content.
Read the manga instead. The anime leaves the rails and never recovers.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I was considering checking this one out. How is it overall? I'm not down for shows that get out of hand with fan service or other questionable content.

I havent seen the series, but if its on par with the manga, dont get attached to anyone not a title character. Theres not much fan service that i can remember

Malyse

I fucking cleared out my CR queue. I was just, I don't actually give a fuck about this. Went from 30 shows to 8.

Anyone want a trial?

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Attack on Titan was the first anime that regular people talked about around me since Naruto back in H.S. I was so disappointed with that show when I finally watched it, some windy screaming bullshit.
Maybe that was the point. I thought it was great cos i could follow it and it hooked me.

My exposure to anime is very limited for good reason

royalan

Attack on Titan is just dumb fun to me.

But how is it fun, though?

I mean, I get that something doesn't have to actually be going for "fun" to be considered "dumb fun." But even considering that, every action in every scene of this anime is emotionally charged x100. Everyone's always SO ANGRY YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND or SO MISERABLE YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAAAAAAND!!! There's nothing fun about this show.

I mean, I get that something doesn't have to actually be going for "fun" to be considered "dumb fun." But even considering that, every action in every scene of this anime is emotionally charged x100. Everyone's always SO ANGRY YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND or SO MISERABLE YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAAAAAAND!!! There's nothing fun about this show.
Pretty much for the exact reasons you listed out. The show takes itself way too seriously to the point of where its just stupidly entertaining to me and I end up laughing my ass off at scenes that were supposed to be deep and impactful.

DY_nasty

^exactly. so over the top. like watching spanish soaps mixed with a tarantino film

its fuckin hype

literally everything they do has a 5% chance of success i love it. throw in the fukkery and (what would've been) one of the best general antagonists in a loooong time in the titans and you got piff

i love the overly dramatic shit

royalan

Allonym has to be trolling. Has to be.

I mean, all of his points are pulled right from Stormfront. Right from Stormfront.

It's that same tired, beaten-and-refuted-to-death bullshit about "blacks" needing to tackle "our own problems" before we even deserve a seat at the table when it comes to being respected.

Like, WHO can say this:

I'm saying how can people demand respect when those very same people treat their own race unjustly or seek to stratify them. What message does that send?

With a straight face?

New black MK character not named Jax??
C9oiCcv.png

Slices his own face off.....
MW3hSkr.png

Trey

Allonym has to be trolling. Has to be.

I mean, all of his points are pulled right from Stormfront. Right from Stormfront.

It's that same tired, beaten-and-refuted-to-death bullshit about "blacks" needing to tackle "our own problems" before we even deserve a seat at the table when it comes to being respected.

Like, WHO can say this:

With a straight face?

Kendrick lamar, but maybe not a straight face cuz his dreads too tight.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I swear dudes on the wall that be giving the
HCKqhgS.png
make me laugh. I feel sorry for the swaggerless. I'll never hate on another man. Dudes need to dap up one of the hands of Buddha, touch the hem of Jesus' cloth, and pray that God or Allah will guide them to rhythm.

jWILL253

Banned
Learned about Michiko to Hatchin from the Black Anime Character Appreciation thread. Started watching the dub on Hulu. I like the free-flowing, Bebop-esque vibe. Animation is hit or miss (mostly miss). But GODDAMN the writing, dialogue and English voice-overs are BAD. Like, the worst dub I've ever heard. And the dialogue is so damn bad, I can't even watch the Japanese dub with subtitles.

That, and I still don't know what the fuck is going on in that story, or why I should care about any of its characters. I guess when the show was mentioned in that thread, it was just naming Black characters in general, not good Black anime characters.

---

Also, if the above posts are correct, people like AoT in an ironic way because it's so over the top with its lack of humor, that it comes off as hilarious?

I fucking cleared out my CR queue. I was just, I don't actually give a fuck about this. Went from 30 shows to 8.

Anyone want a trial?

Lemme get dat...

DY_nasty

Learned about Michiko to Hatchin from the Black Anime Character Appreciation thread. Started watching the dub on Hulu. I like the free-flowing, Bebop-esque vibe. Animation is hit or miss (mostly miss). But GODDAMN the writing, dialogue and English voice-overs are BAD. Like, the worst dub I've ever heard. And the dialogue is so damn bad, I can't even watch the Japanese dub with subtitles.

That, and I still don't know what the fuck is going on in that story, or why I should care about any of its characters. I guess when the show was mentioned in that thread, it was just naming Black characters in general, not good Black anime characters.

---

Also, if the above posts are correct, people like AoT in an ironic way because it's so over the top with its lack of humor, that it comes off as hilarious?

Lemme get dat...

yes

its entertaining as all fuck to me. lol @ the idea of me ever catching feels for anyone in that show

i marathon'd the last 8 episodes of casshern sins - my feels don't even get out of bed for anything less than a dead mufasa or ricky getting shot

edit: i came REAL close to posting "meanwhile in nigeria..." http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969173 here as the first post lol. stopped myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom