• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

I don't feel like having the prejudice vs racist argument.
I'm just going to put this link here and be done with it.
http://everydayfeminism.com/2013/08/racist-against-white-people/

Everyone can be prejudiced, everyone can discriminate, everyone can be racist. These are explicit terms.

White on black prejudice, discrimination, profiling et al are implicitly racist given the history of this country and the current racial power dynamic, whereas certain situations in the inverse would not necessarily be racist (such as affirmative action). But in an individual sense, a black person can be racist toward a white person. Azealia Banks in particular says racist shit often.

Dream you still making bait threads and not bothering to reel em in breh

its 2015 man, you gotta step it up

Whole point is to deal with them in that thread, not have it spill over

Kreed

In a press conference Friday evening, the FBI said that it and the ATF are offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible for placing the improvised explosive device near the headquarters of the Colorado Springs, Colo. chapter of the NAACP on Tuesday.

They have also released a composite sketch (pictured) of a person who was in the area at the time of the bombing and appeared to have some involvement.

They are looking for a white male who is approximately 40 years old and balding. He was seen with a white pickup truck, 2000 model or with an open or missing tailgate. The license plate was missing or covered.

“We will not speculate on the motive for the placement of the device but we would be naive if we did not acknowledge that the NAACP… has been the recipients [sic] of threats throughout their existence,” said FBI Special Agent in Charge Thomas Ravenelle.

Anyone with information on bombing and/or suspect call is asked to call the FBI tip line at 303-435-7787.

IkubXyU.jpg

http://chicagodefender.com/2015/01/...naacp-office-bombing-suspect-releases-sketch/

I think I saw this suspect in the window of a Macy's.

DreamyDrop, you use Tumblr, right? How do I get it to stop telling me about shit like "See something you like?" There was a setting on the mobile app but the desktop will not fucking stop popping up the same fucking thing.

Infinite

Dream Drop, what's your tumblr homie?

Everyone can be prejudiced, everyone can discriminate, everyone can be racist. These are explicit terms.

White on black prejudice, discrimination, profiling et al are implicitly racist given the history of this country and the current racial power dynamic, whereas certain situations in the inverse would not necessarily be racist (such as affirmative action). But in an individual sense, a black person can be racist toward a white person. Azealia Banks in particular says racist shit often.

Which is funny because the shit she says is surely a consequence of anti-black structural racism in part.

MoeDabs

I'm dreamy, not dreams.

Someone said, Banks is the real racist, I replied racism doesn't work that way, MoeProblems was all "dur, what you mean" I said, racism doesn't work that way and dropped a link to why, and MoeForBrains say simultaneously that he agrees with me but that I'm still wrong. So I decided, "fuck it this is too stupid for me" and bounced. Then MoeFucker follows me here to say he was wrong and ask why I won't give him the attention he so desperately needs, which is the forum equivalent of instagramming an apology text for winning a Grammy. And in case you were wondering, no he hasn't edited his posts now that he's been enlightened.

Wow dude, that's kinda uncalled for. Also I don't follow you, i read this thread frequently because there are some good conversations that happen here.

Malyse

It's so dope when a lurker's first post is confrontational.
I'm just sitting here like
5959710.jpg

I actually resolved to be nicer in 2015. I'm even skipping the horse jokes. I didn't think the not drinking would be the easiest resolution to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom