• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Should not have gone into that Tryphobic thread. Why did I do that?

tumblr_lvx532ZRC71qa52tk.gif
There was a pic from a few years back that always freaked me out. I think it was called lotus seeds in skin or something.

D i Z

Did they post the lotus seed breast yet? Don't google it

Don't know if it's in there. I bailed after scratching of the top layer of skin on my arms.

My people have another name for it. On our side of the mountain, we call the horror that should not be named (but we named it anyway)..... Larvaeboob.

dot fuckin gif.

20 minutes into Anchorman 2. Does it get better, or should I lower my expectations?

Young Magus

You need to watch the G1 Climax from last year. Pretty much all of the matches with Okada, Naito, Tanahashi, Shibata, Nakamura, and AJ. I would also suggest WK8, as it was a similarly great show as this year's. Really, just about any NJPW show from 2014 is worth watching besides the Super Juniors stuff. Quality wise, it is hard to touch 2014 NJ from intermission on as far as good as wrasslin that doesn't make you embarrassed that you watch it.

Thanks my good man, I got some catching up to do.

ReiGun

I should have cut out the word cartoon out of my post because some of you are missing the point.

Got your point perfectly. I just don't hold the same cynicism toward the announcement.

Would I have liked a live action series for Vixen same as Flash and Arrow got? Absolutely. But as a fan of the character and DC's animation, I'm not exactly upset about this. *shrug*

Shit will be in the About second of CW's website.

All this black greatness we got on tv, I will not settle for a bootleg 5 minute websoides.

She could have been the Scandal of CW, but they don't want a black chick stunning on folks.

I don't know if I want to watch Vixen's lip quivering for five minutes while Motown music plays in the background.

And besides, the /real/ Scandal of DC comics is Suicide Squad. Except that Amanda Waller is Poppa Pope.

Slayven

I don't know if I want to watch Vixen's lip quivering for five minutes while Motown music plays in the background.

And besides, the /real/ Scandal of DC comics is Suicide Squad. Except that Amanda Waller is Poppa Pope.

You don't want to see Maxwell Lord go down on Vixen?

Just ended an hour long chat with Origin customer support. Someone got into my account, changed the email, password, and added phone verification to it. Luckily my CC info wasn't linked to it so they ain't buy shit.

Least I got a 15% off code out of it.

Slayven

Just ended an hour long chat with Origin customer support. Someone got into my account, changed the email, password, and added phone verification to it. Luckily my CC info wasn't linked to it so they ain't buy shit.

Least I got a 15% off code out of it.

SHouldn't use the same password on gamesites and hentai sites

Kreed

Got your point perfectly. I just don't hold the same cynicism toward the announcement.

Would I have liked a live action series for Vixen same as Flash and Arrow got? Absolutely. But as a fan of the character and DC's animation, I'm not exactly upset about this. *shrug*

As someone who thought the Young Justice cartoon shouldn't have been canceled, if there weren't Flash and Green Arrow prime time TV shows on the CW, I would be happy about the announcement. But they exist, so I can't help but smh at the "lesser" web series treatment the black female heroine is getting, especially with the CW's history.

Slayven

As someone who thought the Young Justice cartoon shouldn't have been canceled, if there weren't Flash and Green Arrow prime time TV shows on the CW, I would be happy about the announcement. But they exist, so I can't help but smh at the "lesser" web series treatment the black female heroine is getting, especially with the CW's history.

Not like folks are fighting to get a slot on the CW, it could open up whole new demos for them

I don't even understand how they could f this up so badly.

Strong desire to cash in on a sequel, even with the amount of time that passed between them. Script isn't coming together? Fuck it, shoot it anyways and people will buy tickets based on the rep of the first one.

Actually, I think CW is the only network that renewed everything they put up in the last season. That's almost unheard of.

While true, their viewers both in ratings and in raw numbers are pretty awful. So awful in fact that when Lyndsy Fonseca showed up in Agent Carter's 2 hour premiere.. people were pointing out that she was the daughter in HIMYM (a role she filmed 10 years ago that amounted to 15 second scenes with no dialogue) rather than her role on CW's Nikita where she was a main character for 4 years.

I mean, a steady paycheck is a steady paycheck but there's a reason CW stars tend to show up over and over again on CW shows.

Slayven

While true, their viewers both in ratings and in raw numbers are pretty awful. So awful in fact that when Lyndsy Fonseca showed up in Agent Carter's 2 hour premiere.. people were pointing out that she was the daughter in HIMYM (a role she filmed 10 years ago that amounted to 15 second scenes with no dialogue) rather than her role on CW's Nikita where she was a main character for 4 years.

I mean, a steady paycheck is a steady paycheck but there's a reason CW stars tend to show up over and over again on CW shows.

I tried watching Nikta, was boring as fuck the USA series was better. Did she get paid everything they used that?

DominoKid

as someone who actually watched Nikita all the way through, she still pops into my mind from Young & The Restless and HIMYM first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom