• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

Chocolate City

So I hear. We used to live in Queens and LA, as well as Massachusetts, so some cultural and ethnic diversity will be a welcome return to normal for us. Weird as hell having only white people (and not much culture or good food) here. Here over 4 yrs now, ready to leave terrible winters behind.

Just saw your new av, nice.

Trey

Congrats Gata. Can't take nothing away from the Pats, they earned their super bowl berth.

I said this shit yesterday and now a news story is brewing that the Pats cheated again. Can't believe I even came out my mouth with props for that delinquent organization. christ, Gata.

D i Z

B-b-b-but, ethics in gaming journalism!

Anyways, about to head out with the hubby and Lil'Manky to the museums. Here in Cleveland, all the museums are free admission on MLK Day. All the children will be there.

That's pretty cool. I did a quick google search to see if they had that going in L.A since I have the day off. Nope.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
He is always stopping by and telling me about his bathroom troubles. He showed me a pic once of a piece of shit he left in a toilet. I was not pleased. This guy actually:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807394&highlight=

Playing pranks at work doesn't usually work out well for anyone involved. There is always one person who takes it to far, or one person gets legit upset and makes a complaint. I never think that a little "harmless fun" is worth any potential issues that may affect my money. Actually, I rarely get down with co-workers like that. I have seen too many times things going sideways.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'll listen to T&Y probably Tuesday, but his first 2 are classics...especially The Cool.

Personally feel Kendrick gets a lot more credit than deserved.
I can respect that opinion even if I disagree but then you lost me when you put F&L>GKMC.

eWzSulB.jpg

Don't forget Fam!

Furyous

Anyways, about to head out with the hubby and Lil'Manky to the museums. Here in Cleveland, all the museums are free admission on MLK Day. All the children will be there.

There are Clevelanders here? How's the home city? What part are you in? I miss those fond days of getting into fun that some would call dangerous situations. However, there are some people that want to kill me and I may or may not be indirectly involved with an ongoing legal situation.

I'm not about to sit here and let y'all slander Lupe over Kendrick FUCKING Lamar. Kendrick is all hype and he lacks memorable bars or entire verses. Kendrick is good for a good sound effect or a solid half bar. I fucks with Kendrick but his albums aren't as dope as anything outside of Food and Liquor 1.

Who wants to get me hot in these streets like Flex is doing Hov? This dude is beefing over an app, a website, and allegedly shady business dealings coming at the GOAT. LOL at Flex popping shit over an app and a website.

BE CLEAR NEW YAWK *bomb* your *bomb* website *bomb* ain't moving like mine *extended bomb*. Hov needs to buy Hot 97 and make Flex the janitor. Send him to WBLS or something.

Malyse

Brethren, I would like to have a discussion on the nature of the L. Recently, three public figures of reasonable notoriety have taken L's that vary in both duration and severity: Kevin Gates, Tyga, and Wiz Khalifa. Kevin's L comes from the fact that three months into what would be a two year relationship, he discovered that his lady companion was in fact family. But did that deter him? Nay! He thrust firmly onwards, eschewing the mores of society and taking his carnal pleasure. Duration of the L was relatively short, but severity was high. Our second L comes from Tyga and the reports that he has impregnated the ingenue Kylie Jenner. Aside from the L of not wrapping it up (the irony of his profession being a rapper is nigh palpable) the fact that she is under the age of majority is an issue in and of itself. This can be 18+ years of L should nothing be changed, a longer duration but markedly less intense than biblical knowledge of family. The final L of consideration is that of Wiz and is in fact a number of L's strung together. The fact that he cheated on Amber Rose? L. His behavior after? L. Her leaving him? L. His apparent complete loss of his mental faculties? L. No one is as bad as the other two in consideration, but they are numerous instead. Which finally brings us to the point: is it better to take a big L once or to take multiple small L's over an extended time period?

I am not surprised, all the popular youtubers are annoying ass hell.

Im starting to like some on YouTube too. BrokenGamesHD and SmooveMove. Individuals on DlB-Network that have their own YouTube channel. I will mention HipHopGamer too. I met him twice. He's cool and has a lot of passion. Used to watch his videos, but he and his channel needs to get professional at some point in his career. Dude has the same setup for years. So thats that.
Yeah, I feel like most of the black game channels feel cheap and low rent. The only one I found so far that feels edited well and professional is PBS Game Show and I find it funny that the first one I found like that is one with a mixed brother. That's also something I notice with the most popular man with African ancestry in the industry with Reggie. It's like if we're going to have one we have to make sure they are nice and non-intimidating with fair ambiguous features.

What's the opinion on Malik?
I'll check him out along with SmooveMooves.

You buggin, MWN is like one of the 3 channels I'm actually subscribed to. And he actually hates CoD... just chose that name because he couldn't think of anything else to come up with. Plus he put me on a lot of music.

I don't see the appeal. Like Slayven said he annoying as shit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D6kLSOPf8o https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzE16ue_ruA

I hate how he sounds like the stereotypical trash talking black dude that throws around the word nigga like its candy.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I mean, if the goal is to get money, there are better ways that don't involve underage pregnancy tied to a crazy family. That's still an L to me.
Just not a very replayable album for me.
If you say so. I get a lot of replay-ability out of it, both for the songs themselves and also the narrative flow. I can see how if you don't enjoy the story and the sketches, the album loses a lot of quality, as that takes out Art of Peer Pressure, Sing About Me / I'm Dying of Thirst etc. But Money Trees, Swimming Pools and Compton are amazing and stand on their own IMO.

Village

You hardly ever see black game journalists or Youtubers either. Who are on the forefront of Gamespot, IGN, Gametrailers, etc? Youtubers? Angry Joe, Lord Karnage, The Completionist, Pewdie Pie, Game Theorists, Peanutbutter Gamer, Maximillion, Game Grumps, etc. It's like other races don't exist in the gaming world.

I've tried to find black youtubers, the two I found Modern War Negro and AshCheekz are horrible and they mostly just play Call of Duty. The closest is Black Nerd, but he doesn't focus on games.

Edit: Forgot I found PBS Game Show and that's the only decent one really.

You forgot woolie tho?

1nXx7pS.png

DominoKid

I mean, if the goal is to get money, there are better ways that don't involve underage pregnancy tied to a crazy family. That's still an L to me.If you say so. I get a lot of replay-ability out of it, both for the songs themselves and also the narrative flow. I can see how if you don't enjoy the story and the sketches, the album loses a lot of quality, as that takes out Art of Peer Pressure, Sing About Me / I'm Dying of Thirst etc. But Money Trees, Swimming Pools and Compton are amazing and stand on their own IMO.

whether you like the story or not, if you're not feeling Sing/Thirst there's just something wrong with your ears.

Nah.

Can't even name a rap album that is timeless. Everything sounds dated if it's not a recent release.

There's aging and then there's aging badly.

College Drop Out aged, FNL aged badly...didn't help that it was just average to begin with.

Act like you aint got on a bib for deepthroating Kendrick right now

Saying Lupe has a weaker catalogue than Kendrick really isn't some tinfoil hat shit.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I mean, if the goal is to get money, there are better ways that don't involve underage pregnancy tied to a crazy family.

That's still an L to me.If you say so. I get a lot of replay-ability out of it, both for the songs themselves and also the narrative flow. I can see how if you don't enjoy the story and the sketches, the album loses a lot of quality, as that takes out Art of Peer Pressure, Sing About Me / I'm Dying of Thirst etc. But Money Trees, Swimming Pools and Compton are amazing and stand on their own IMO.

Might be able to get some discounted Kanye beats out of it tho.

Imm0rt4l

Lets not forget that the kid probably aint even whiz's but the driver.

I know a few of you cats fucks with that synthwave hotline miami ish. Carpenter Brut ep III just dropped.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Lets not forget that the kid probably aint even whiz's but the driver.

I know a few of you cats fucks with that synthwave hotline miami ish. Carpenter Brut ep III just dropped.

good shit

complete domination put me on to brut and shit is fire

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Might be able to get some discounted Kanye beats out of it tho.
How would that conversation go?

"So, Ye, you prolly heard. I just knocked up your sister in law...we should drop a track together"
Thanks for the heads up, I need to check this out. Perturbator is what turned me onto the whole genre. Speaking of, where the fuck is Hotline Miami 2?

RBK

Banned
The Art of Peer Pressure,Money Trees, and Sing about Me, I'm Dying of Thirst(arguably the best song on the album) are the only songs I go back to. There's definitely more, but those were the radio singles like Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe or Swimming Pools.

Not a fan of any of the other songs disregarding the bonus tracks(which would only be the Recipe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom