• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBK

Banned
Decided not to wait until T&Y hit Spotify...on Choppa right now:
rick-ross-head-nod-o.gif

Malyse

I know I just saw this two days before you, but I already forgot about this. Can you refresh me and make sure to put it in spoilers.
After they kill Jimmy Lee, Martin meets his grandfather at the coroner's. The grandfather proceeds to tell him how Jimmy was an army man and some other details as well as how Jimmy had promised him that before he died, he was going to get to vote.

After they kill Jimmy Lee, Martin meets his grandfather at the coroner's. The grandfather proceeds to tell him how Jimmy was an army man and some other details as well as how Jimmy had promised him that before he died, he was going to get to vote.

Oh yeah. Powerful stuff. Well that's enough talking for a while. I got to put in this work.

Even the Lebron shrine?

Naw, cost too much to reopen it. :)

Also, Cleveland is...Cleveland. Buildings going up, hospitals are world class, but the streets are ass and well...black people are still getting shot and beat up, but the city'll pay the survivors. I predict that the asshole who shot Tamir Rice just might get indicted because we have proof that the man was unfit to serve. The city will throw money at the Rice family, and then back to status quo until the next shooting.

Malyse

Also, Cleveland is...Cleveland. Buildings going up, hospitals are world class, but the streets are ass and well...black people are still getting shot and beat up, but the city'll pay the survivors. I predict that the asshole who shot Tamir Rice just might get indicted because we have proof that the man was unfit to serve. The city will throw money at the Rice family, and then back to status quo until the next shooting.
That would be amazing.

Slayven

Every thing new that comes out on that case makes it worse by a factor of 10
Bleach is the most nonsensical stuff ever. Objective C made more sense the first time I saw it than Bleach.
Shit is just jibberish now, fights are just drawn out until someone hits the "I win" button

jmood88

This reminds me of that promotion Microsoft did a few years ago where you would play some browser games and get credits to buy 360 games, controllers, zunes, and other stuff. I used a bot and was getting so many credits that I had stuff being shipped to my house every other day. I have no idea what I did with all the money I got selling all those things on ebay but that was a fun time.

Samara

Did anyone watch The Book of Negroes?

Watched the first 5 minutes of it today. I just watched 12 years a slave last night. I dont want to go back so soon.

Its on-demand on CBC for those who cant watch.

edit: You have great hair royalan.
<--------Beyonce weave lol. I also have a Kardashian.

Malyse

Watched the first 5 minutes of it today. I just watched 12 years a slave last night. I dont want to go back so soon.

Its on-demand on CBC for those who cant watch.
I just got out of Selma earlier today; I'm deffo not in the mood for another so soon. However, I do support an annual visitation of the travesties that have been inflicted on blacks in America. It's tramautizing, but it's worth it.

I really wanted to punch something on more than one occasion during Selma.

Hey, now! What are some of the best films/tv that explore this type of thing? List so far

Amistad
Selma
Roots
12 Years a Slave

I suppose 42 could go on the list as well. I know I'm missing a lot, but my brain isn't working (lack of food. Oop.) Mayhaps Get On Up and Ray?

People complain about my links.

At some point people decided clowning each other needed to be the opening salvo to every discussion.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong I love playing the dozens as much as the next person but folks take up pages going back and forth. Why I stopped checking the thread much. Lets get this thread back on track, more substance, less style.

folks are jaded breh. fuckery never gets old and repetitive. sometimes the real shit does.

Have to disagree, I see enough fuckery on the net everyday than than to have to come in here and see it twice.

On the blacks in gaming journalism I'm not great on radio on on a camera but would totally be down if you guys wanted to put together an INTELLIGENT gaming focused podcast or youtube video. I know we have SoWellSpoken but I think that's about everything not just gaming.

On the blacks in gaming journalism I'm not great on radio on on a camera but would totally be down if you guys wanted to put together an INTELLIGENT gaming focused podcast or youtube video. I know we have SoWellSpoken but I think that's about everything not just gaming.

I'd be happy to help with production / mastering, I already do a podcast that covers Halo stuff roughly every other month or so

The BCT Got Gamecast

feat.
MWS Natural - The leader
Trey - The lancer
Fyre - The smart guy
Imm0rt4l - The big guy
Royalan - The chick
Sub - The one I can relate to

Malyse

Pfft, it's faux hostility. When people are tense about serious issues, you can tell.
Not apparent to the lurkers, IMO. Look at how many people post once and never show up again.

In fact, I just ask. If you are lurking and see this post, shoot me a pm as to why you don't hop in the discussion. Or you can post it in the thread if you feel like it.
I'd love to do something like that.
You ain't on the list; you have to make a rival team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom