• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

You have to take Korean history while you're in Korea.

And yea life as a Korean-Japanese citizen is rough. You're treated worse than say weeaboos who decide to renounce their American citizenship and take on Japanese citizenship. And by treated worse, I mean they legitimately get less rights.

That Anti Korean movement in Japan is looking kind of scary. I've read that the hate speech is incredibly out of hand to the point of there being talks of regulation.

Malyse

I kinda love Chris Pratt

tumblr_lxqqqqqPzd1qaboh9o1_250.gif
tumblr_lxqqqqqPzd1qaboh9o2_250.gif

tumblr_lxqqqqqPzd1qaboh9o3_250.gif
tumblr_lxqqqqqPzd1qaboh9o4_250.gif

tumblr_lxqqqqqPzd1qaboh9o5_r1_250.gif
tumblr_lxqqqqqPzd1qaboh9o6_r1_250.gif

Don't Forget

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's January...I mean yeah that's cool if that is your pick based on what is out so far, but considering there are 345 days to go...I still need to listen though.

BRUHS!

It's not the 50's any more. Institutional racism hasn't existed for a while. Unless there are some people in here who equate affirmative action to racism, there shouldn't be any dispute regarding this.

OMGDJAJKH84984HNKDSLKJAFHK!!! UIDHSFHAF!! JVICERUAO!!

That Anti Korean movement in Japan is looking kind of scary. I've read that the hate speech is incredibly out of hand to the point of there being talks of regulation.

Yea it's pretty damn crazy, shit is sad.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
This is the thanks Angelus gets for dropping knowledge bombs. Claiming institutional racism died with Elvis. And that was posted casually with zero coaching, zero sarcasm, without a second thought. He probably 100% believes it too.

Samara

That's beautiful Dreamy.

I once showed a color theme book to a 5 year old. It was the black color page. She told me they were evil (kittens) cause they're black

Or this 8 year old who is obsessed with her biracial sister. Counts her as pretty cause she's light. I then proceeded to ask them what they considered themselves as. They said they were not that dark.

I kind of understand, when i was younger, all the black girls on tv were fair skinned.

I try to tell little black girls that they are beautiful, that they have pretty hair. I try to do my part in some ways.

Trey

"Unless there are some people equating AA with institutional racism..."

That is top tier stuff right there. I'm actually impressed.

Also, Dream is about to cop a bid.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
On a primal level you also have the colors white and black associated with light and dark. The dark often associated with menacing elements due to the fear that comes from the unknown. People are often afraid of what they don't understand, which makes all too much sense considering the kind of racism people have to deal with on a daily basis.

Malyse

"Unless there are some people equating AA with institutional racism..."

That is top tier stuff right there. I'm actually impressed.

Also, Dream is about to cop a bid.

Distinct possibility, but someone needed to say it. Hopefully I'll be back by BHM.

BlackJace

pachah1.png
even I won't go that far

Replayability is real low though, it's basically FNL2: Part 2.

To me, it feels like each replay of the more lengthy tracks gives more insight. I think the long tracks and extra-heavy lyricism were done for this purpose.

FNL2 suffered from being forgettable; T&Y has way more soul, IMO.

To me, it feels like each replay of the more lengthy tracks gives more insight. I think the long tracks and extra-heavy lyricism were done for this purpose.

FNL2 suffered from being forgettable; T&Y has way more soul, IMO.

For sure there's double meanings and whatnot you catch the more you listen to it but the music itself just isn't very good.

It's like putting together a puzzle and when it's complete it's just a big biege square.

Trey

Didn't that plot point get dropped after Mass Effect 1?

No, it was significant to Tali's story in Mass Effect 2.

By the way, what where the Reapers doing with dark energy in Mass Effect? That conversation from a week or two ago had me wondering.

Basically what the antispirals were doing in TTGL with spiral energy.

Dark energy was consuming the universe so the Reapers were created to stem the advance of the phenomenon by subsuming sufficiently advanced species.

Wait, how does dark energy go on to consume the universe though

Even buying into the heat death hypothesis I don't see the logistics behind it

Trey

bruh, they created "element zero" to explain FTL travel. It would have been little more than a plot device.

but dark matter (and ergo, energy) 'exists' in actual physics as an indirectly observable phenomenon, and is currently credited as the driving of the universe's expansion. They probably would have tied it into increasing entropy and therefore being the logical destruction of sentient life or something.

Malyse

You'd need to ask the original writer, but I'm certain he would have pulled it together. Bioware simulataneously shows the flaws and the credits in having a single voice handling all the story for a game series. I wouldn't have even played Mass Effect (and as a result Dragon Age) if the books weren't so solid (though it did cause a lot of dissonance when Baddy McBadass from the book is just a mook in the games (though fucking up Kai Leng was beyond cathartic)). But at the same time, if your writer bounces on you, then you end up with Mass Effect Deception, a book so bad that they had to apologize and offer a massive patch (yes a fuck novel had a patch) to fix that poorly written and factually inaccurate piece of shit that wouldn't even pass for fan fiction, and Mass Effect 3, where all of the plot threads Karpyshan had set up that the new writers didn't understand were just tossed. Like Dark Energy. The best we can hope for is a Donner Cut novel of ME3 that shows how Drew would have written the story. Though that has almost no chance of happening.

Actually. I still have his email. Ima ask him.

Samara

ME2 is a farce. Poster above me is right. They retcon a bunch of stuff in the sequel.

Make sure to read Lump Of Cole's tag. It has an hilarious comic about the third book.

Trey

After two listens, I'm with Moris when it comes to tetsuo. It's aight but hardly a return to form. More a continuation of his inoffensiveness from f&l2. Better, more interesting production though. The 8 minute songs are too long but I'm coming around on mural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom