• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bruh, they created "element zero" to explain FTL travel. It would have been little more than a plot device.

but dark matter (and ergo, energy) 'exists' in actual physics as an indirectly observable phenomenon, and is currently credited as the driving of the universe's expansion. They probably would have tied it into increasing entropy and therefore being the logical destruction of sentient life or something.

I know dark energy is a real-world theoretical construct, but I'm saying its actual application in ME (based on what I'm hearing) makes zero sense. I mean yeah, dark energy could potentially bring about the downfall of the universe if left unchecked out of pure particular dilution on an existential scale and then everything gets slowly expanded to death, but even then it's not the "mysterious space thing that's dark and mysterious and also will kill us all because it's evil" construct ME's allegedly making it out to be.

Going more localized than that, though, how much dark energy are these advanced races giving off? I feel like it's got to be negligible compared to the "natural" dark energy that's slowly progressing universal expansion along. Unless Mass Effect relays or whatever give off insane, sci-fi-writers-have-no-sense-of-scale levels of dark energy, I feel like you could kill off a thousand hyper-intelligent factions and still barely even make a dent in dark energy's "consumption" of the universe.

Last point: the ME universe is home to fucking space jesus. If he can space die for your space sins, it really doesn't seem out of left field that an advanced race would figure out a way to disassemble dark energy's expansion rate, and then pause or outright prevent the inevitable death of the universe. You even have made-up compounds like Element X!

If anything, I'm getting the impression that the Reapers sought natal progression on an existential scale: they wanted the universe to experience a "natural" life and death by purging their localized spaces of advanced races to prevent something from hampering dark energy's progress.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
mass effect couldn't even make up a plausible timeline

there was never any chance they could make dark energy 'realistic'

tumblr_mhnqeknveT1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

Fun Fact: That kid is actually Alfonso Ribeiro, AKA Carlton from Fresh Prince.
Are you fucking around or are you really really young? lol..

Shy

Out of these I think Rinko Kikuchi is the best choice
i don't she would've been a good choice either. because she has a girly look about her when the major should be played by a woman with more of a commanding presence.
i would cast her as the major for a live action version of arise, but not for the movies/s.a.c. if that makes sense.

which is one of the reasons i don't think scarlett johannson is right for the part. even if she was japanese, she would still be wrong for the part.

it's the same reason i didn't think halle berry was a good storm, and would of preferred someone like angela bassett. ( who i believe they were gonna cast, but there was a scheduling conflict. )

BRUHS!

OMGDJAJKH84984HNKDSLKJAFHK!!! UIDHSFHAF!! JVICERUAO!!
4qW9cId.gif

*SIGH* all you can do is laugh at this kind of bullshit.

Malyse

i don't she would've been a good choice either. because she has a girly look about her when the major should be played by a woman with more of a commanding presence.
i would cast her as the major for a live action version of arise, but not for the movies/s.a.c. if that makes sense.

which is one of the reasons i don't think scarlett johannson is right for the part. even if she was japanese, she would still be wrong for the part.

it's the same reason i didn't think halle berry was a good storm, and would of preferred someone like angela bassett. ( who i believe they were gonna cast, but there was a scheduling conflict. )

4qW9cId.gif

*SIGH* all you can do is laugh at this kind of bullshit.

There is a perfect storm out there.
LupitaStorm.jpg

J10

Banned
Bish driving everybody away to reddit. It's not right. Leave these people alone, bish. It's not right what you're doing.

Furyous

Reminds me of something I saw on tumblr:

Out of these I think Rinko Kikuchi is the best choice.

I found a new crush would gladly give her a starring role as well. She's a starter that's for damn sure.

BRUHS!

OMGDJAJKH84984HNKDSLKJAFHK!!! UIDHSFHAF!! JVICERUAO!!

That sounds like something someone that goes to my church would say verbatim.
---

Who are we picking for the Super Bowl? I hate the Seahawks but they're so Black that I have no choice but to root for them.

This new Lupe album GOES. It's got a few nigga beats on the album that just sound fantastic. The album needs some Polow and a dose of Yeezus as a substitute for tracks 13, 14, and 15.

DominoKid

anthony mackie doesn't think highly of niggas w/ dreads

Turning to the topic of recent nationwide protests against racial profiling, Mackie offered a unique perspective.

“Like my nephew wanted to grow dreadlocks. I’m like fine, I’ll sit you down and I’ll watch The First 48 with you and everybody you see on that show, that’s doing something wrong, they’re black dudes with dreadlocks. So, do you want to be seen as part of the problem or do you want to be an individual?”

“Let’s just say you have locks and you walking down the street. The police pull you over and say you fit the description of somebody. You start yelling and arguing with the cops. Next thing you know you pressed up against the wall going to jail for something you’re not even involved in just because you look like somebody and you don’t know how to handle yourself,” Mackie said.

You can see Mackie’s latest film Black or White when it hit theaters nationwide January 30.

Don't see anything wrong with what he said.

I mean, there's nothing necessarily wrong with it. I'm sure it's in good faith, but he's basically saying "Don't fit a profile". It shouldn't be on his nephew to prevent racist cops from being assholes. It's like telling women not to wear slutty clothes so they aren't targets for assault

I mean, there's nothing necessarily wrong with it. I'm sure it's in good faith, but he's basically saying "Don't fit a profile". It shouldn't be on his nephew to prevent racist cops from being assholes. It's like telling women not to wear slutty clothes so they aren't targets for assault

Victim Blaming Falcon: Black Civil War - Dreads vs Caesars

someone make the thread!

DominoKid

niggas w/ caesars get shot in the street by cops everyday. they not giving you a break because of dreads vs caesars.

he wrong. no way around it.

Malyse

I mean, it ain't right we having to act like good negroes, but if the other option is dead or in jail... I'm not ready to label him as nublack for that. In my mind it's the same as the police talk I'm sure your parents gave you coming up.

Tangentially, there is a crowdfund for anti rape clothing right now. Clothes that can't be ripped or torn, ect.

I mean, it ain't right we having to act like good negroes, but if the other option is dead or in jail...

Tangentially, there is a crowdfund for anti rape clothing right now. Clothes that can't be ripped or torn, ect. I'm not ready to label him as nublack for that. In my mind it's the same as the police talk I'm sure your parents gave you coming up.

we need to crowdfund cake soap for the 'hood

Malyse

Ok, so..

^^^
I grew up watching the dude. I thought you qmight have been being funny..or me and Slayven are just fucking old.

Oh. Oh! I don't think most people would have know that. I mean. That video is older than me.

niggas w/ caesars get shot in the street by cops everyday. they not giving you a break because of dreads vs caesars.

he wrong. no way around it.
On the same day homie in the business attire got stomped out by a buncha cops after getting his car wrecked by an actual criminal.

Be that as it may, I see it as a levels thing. Like there's that racially indoctrinated fucker whose just waiting for an excuse. That dude gets you, you're fucked. But there's also that asshole would separates people into "good ones" and "bad ones". And if you run into him, why would you not want him to assume that you are a "good one"? I don't thing victim blaming and being pragmatic are the same thing. Should the cops make assumptions based on appearance? Fuck no. But they do. It's totes a thing.

J10

Banned
Oh. Oh! I don't think most people would have know that. I mean. That video is older than me.

Be that as it may, I see it as a levels thing. Like there's that racially indoctrinated fucker whose just waiting for an excuse. That dude gets you, you're fucked. But there's also that asshole would separates people into "good ones" and "bad ones". And if you run into him, why would you not want him to assume that you are a "good one"? I don't thing victim blaming and being pragmatic are the same thing. Should the cops make assumptions based on appearance? Fuck no. But they do. It's totes a thing.

Yeah, I'm not really trying to hear this shit.

G-Fex

RIP my twitch career.

I'm not mentioning anything, I'm too depressed. I can't even access the site at all, a global IP ban.

I'm leaving gaf for quite the while then. I need to rethink things.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
RIP my twitch career.

I'm not mentioning anything, I'm too depressed. I can't even access the site at all, a global IP ban.

damn fex. drop a line or two when you settle man

akira28

RIP my twitch career.

Don't stay gone too long. You were just too real for Twitch, or what?

Yeah...but he's gonna feel real dumb when he gets robbed by a clean cut dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom