• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Does anybody here have the power to create PDFs (or maybe I'm just stupid and haven't thoroughly investigated)? Because I just realized I need to take Amir0x's OP in that one thread and save it for all time as a quick reference in any future institutional racism debates.

jWILL253

Banned
Slay, you out here eating the delectable booty hole molds of your favorite Asian women?

I bet if Tigerr had made one of those, you'd order in bulk.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Does anybody here have the power to create PDFs (or maybe I'm just stupid and haven't thoroughly investigated)? Because I just realized I need to take Amir0x's OP in that one thread and save it for all time as a quick reference in any future institutional racism debates.
If you have word you can just paste it in there and save as a PDF. There are probably other free options online too where you can save a web document as a PDF.

royalan

Angelus

Homie

You went OFF in that box braids thread.

YAAAAAASSSS

rap-up-tv-christina-aguilera-goes-caviar-ratchet-with-da-internz

(ugh, but I'm sick of all the good threads happening while I'm away. :)

Infinite

Anyone seen the light girls documentary? I gotta say, it was. . .pretty bad but I sorta expected it would be. First of all what even qualifies a person as "Light Skin"? wtf is Light skin for that matter. All the doc did was actually confuse me. The doc literally starts by claiming that light skin black people come from slave masters raping their black slaves and breeding children but this implies that all sub-Saharan Africans were what we would consider dark skin which isn't the case
despite what you read in neogaf threads

Secondly a lot of the personal testimonies from the women on the documentary were pretty embarrassing. A lot of the commentary basically amounted to things like "she was dark skinned and had short hair and i was beautiful and had long hair". Very much eye rolling stuff here. I assumed that the doc is supposed to be educating on colorism in the black community but from the (not so) privilege perspective. Instead it basically reaffirms in a lot of ways how we view light skin women as trophies and unintentionally so.

Which brings me to my last point on this is that if you're going to do a documentary on colorism then maybe dedicate the proper time and research in doing so. Maybe inform the viewer of the various cultural dynamics and nuances at play here. Maybe, idk, maybe acknowledge light skin privilege? Cause basically what they showed me was a bunch of "light skin" women stealth bragging about how good it is.

royalan

Anyone seen the light girls documentary? I gotta say, it was. . .pretty bad but I sorta expected it would be. First of all what even qualifies a person as "Light Skin"? wtf is Light skin for that matter. All the doc did was actually confuse me. The doc literally starts by claiming that light skin black people come from slave masters raping their black slaves and breeding children but this implies that all sub-Saharan Africans were what we would consider dark skin which isn't the case

It's true that black people of all shades exist in sub-Saharan Africa. But it's also true that a lot of "light skinned" black people, particularly in the US. have mixed blood thanks to the extreme amount of rape that occurred in the South during slave times.

Infinite

It's true that black people of all shades exist in sub-Saharan Africa. But it's also true that a lot of "light skinned" black people, particularly in the US. have mixed blood thanks to the extreme amount of rape that occurred in the South during slave times.

No question about that but the doc presented that in way which implied that people of varying shades in Africa did not exist prior to slavery. Not to mention, being mixed presents its own dynamics separate from simply being "light skin" which wasn't really touched on in the documentary in any capacity.

royalan

still want Angela Basset in the role to hear her say "By the power of Gaia! THE POWER OF THE WIND!"

If Angela Basset had played Storm you still wouldn't have gotten that line.

Seriously, how many more shitty movies does Bryan Singer have to make before people realize that the Storm of the movies is shitty because Singer wrote a shitty Storm?

The Storm in the movies is written to be meek and quiet, and she would have been played that way by anyone.

So y'all need to stop hating on one of the most talented and beautiful women on the planet.

Malyse

If Angela Basset had played Storm you still wouldn't have gotten that line.

Seriously, how many more shitty movies does Bryan Singer have to make before people realize that the Storm of the movies is shitty because Singer wrote a shitty Storm?

The Storm in the movies is written to be meek and quiet, and she would have been played that way by anyone.

So y'all need to stop hating on one of the most talented and beautiful women on the planet.
Solid Snake wrote it though.

RIP my twitch career.

I'm not mentioning anything, I'm too depressed. I can't even access the site at all, a global IP ban.

I'm leaving gaf for quite the while then. I need to rethink things.
Damn, G..be easy.
You should tweet that little girl and let her know what to get at Whole Foods for her hair.

Man Slayven you ain't shit b, lol

Obama don't hurt em.
lol..

Imm0rt4l

Secondly a lot of the personal testimonies from the women on the documentary were pretty embarrassing. A lot of the commentary basically amounted to things like "she was dark skinned and had short hair and i was beautiful and had long hair". Very much eye rolling stuff here. I assumed that the doc is supposed to be educating on colorism in the black community but from the (not so) privilege perspective. Instead it basically reaffirms in a lot of ways how we view light skin women as trophies and unintentionally so.

Which brings me to my last point on this is that if you're going to do a documentary on colorism then maybe dedicate the proper time and research in doing so. Maybe inform the viewer of the various cultural dynamics and nuances at play here. Maybe, idk, maybe acknowledge light skin privilege? Cause basically what they showed me was a bunch of "light skin" women stealth bragging about how good it is.

Saw the first couple minutes from worldstar I think. Couldn't finish it.

Between the darkskinned dominican chick being adamant that she wasnt black and the dude calling dark skinned girls crusty, I just had to stop.

cdyhybrid

BPcCC6r.png
or any variation of the smiley means "no niggas"

According to Chamillionaire, Jordan said, “I ain’t taking pictures with no nigga.” Stunned the rapper thought the basketball star didn’t hear him correctly and tried to smooth things over by explaining he just paid 7 Gs for one of his jerseys. Jordan’s response was, “You know what, I tell you what, you pay $15,000 right now for a jersey from me and I’ll take a picture with you.”

zfzBavv.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom