• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Smh @ this nigga saying tetsuo and youth is the best album of the decade. Cats always use the word stan so unceremoniously, but that dude is a fucking stan.

MZX9aAO.jpg
Aayyy

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
My managing Director trying to give me a garbage ass review for 2014. I know it's because I swerved on her ass when she tried to block one of my employees from getting education assistance with no valid reason to block it.

People always wanna act tough when they separated by states and shit. Think she can fly from Oregon to NC for a client meeting today and I not find about it. I'm bout to pop in her office like the undertaker. I'm going full black too!!!!!

had to remove that limiter huh?

So the box braids thread convinced me to check out this thread.

*waves*

Um, hi.

welcome

had to remove that limiter huh?

Yessir.

Above my managerial level there is only One minority upline manager and she's in IT. AVP level on up is 0 diversity.....When this lady goes on vacation I'm her back up. I'm the manager she sends to meet with the local client liaison here in RTP. I'm the only manager that reports to her that has my Agency Manager's certification from the State of Nevada and your going to tell me my performance in 2014 was average?

I wouldn't have said anything until I found out another manager got a perfect review and her only contribution in 2014 was ordering supplies?????? You can guess her ethnicity

Edit - JLynn don't read my post for the next few pages.

RP912

Banned
Whats the agenda for the BCT today?

Me I'm going to be watching some wrestling, doing some math work, and playing some Grid Autosport.

JLynn

Thanks guys.

I'm a part of a few black nerd groups on Facebook so I know the deal.

I've been lurking here and there and figure this was great spot for me.

And yes, the intro.

I was born in Philly, raised in Wilmington, DE

I currently reside in Richmond, VA

I turn 36 in April (Old enough to remember Alfonso Ribero selling videotapes on how to breakdance to kids throughout America)

I'm black. And according to my mom my great grandmother was half white, half Cherokee and my great great grandfather was half Egyptian.

I listen to whatever music sounds good to me.

I work customer service for a health care organization

I am Baptist (Preacher's kid)

I'm in gaming, animation, collecting transformers and other Japanese designed robots, collecting Sega Saturn goods, pro wrestling

The best chicken I've ate came from the Acme supermarket in Delaware.

RP912

Banned
Thanks guys.

And yes, the intro.

I turn 36 in April (Old enough to remember Alfonso Ribero selling videotapes on how to breakdance to kids throughout America)

I'm black. And according to my mom my great grandmother was half white, half Cherokee and my great great grandfather was half Egyptian.

I'm in gaming, animation, collecting transformers and other Japanese designed robots, collecting Sega Saturn goods, pro wrestling

Tri State dude...welcome :D. I was born and raised in Philly myself, but currently living in GA. Acme was the shit

Slayven

Thanks guys.

And yes, the intro.

You older than me.

RP912

Banned
On some real shit I hope Biden runs for president. Dude is like that crazy youngin in the squad that's about to pop off at anybody while his boy trying to tell him to chill.

I'm gonna let Johnny Gill answer this for me.

Wipe the so called "relationship" off your feet like it's dog shit

untitled-2zljf0.gif

you don't want to track it anywhere, future women can smell it.

And and if she tries to take you back, do like the breh Al B. does, turn the fuck around.... think, turn the fuck around again and walk away singing "Off On Your Own Girl"

untitled-6iwkzc.gif

yo damn bruh. you took me back.

I'm listening to Johnny Gill's album right now yet again and the shit is still epic.

Bruhs, if you haven't listened to his 1990 album release, you need to do so. They don't make albums like this anymore. Every song was a fucking hit.

akira28

They cropped the best part of the pic

rs_600x600-140128184756-600.Barack-Obama-John-Boehner-Joe-Biden-Twitter.ms.012814.jpg

He salty

the best part is the wink to the left side of the house. which is where the Republicans sit.
And Mr Orange in the back having to admit that it was a good line, even he couldn't keep a straight face when he saw it.

harSon

Banned
Dear White People was eh.

Probably would have liked it less if you paid for it :)

I thought it was decent enough. It's basically Do the Right Thing in a Ivy League College setting. And my homegirl Tessa Thompson was looking cute as fuck. Damn near looked like a reincarnation of Lisa Bonet.

RP912

Banned
Yall need to get hip to Minimum

minimum-atari.jpg

for 10 bones you can play one of the best shooters of 2014. It's still in beta but it's polished as all hell with updates to come.

Malyse

XCOM in that Steam sale at the end of December. Still haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Need to pick up the new Civ, too.

And the new Pokemon.

And a 3DS.

Shit.

which XCOM?

----

In case anyone was curious, mine is Senran Kagura. That game... well damn. It's one half titty ninja pandering, and one half "well that escalated and got dark as fuck fast"

AfroMW

I decided to make a thread, hope some of you chime in with anything and correct me on anything I might have gotten wrong or didn't go into deep enough.

Welcome.

Contrary to American depiction of us, we're pretty friendly. And we talk about all kinds of stuff in this thread from anime to comic books.

Subscribed, for the near bullet proof explanation

And to see any attempts of people trying to spin it with olympic style mental gymnastics

Trey

Probably would have liked it less if you paid for it :)

I thought it was decent enough. It's basically Do the Right Thing in a Ivy League College setting. And my homegirl Tessa Thompson was looking cute as fuck. Damn near looked like a reincarnation of Lisa Bonet.

I paid 4 dollars for a rental on Amazon. It was worth that.

Tessa Thompson fine. She's what brought it up to an 'eh'.

Across the board the acting just wasn't good enough, the dialogue just wasn't good enough. It was nice seeing such a range of young black folk, though. Usually if it's a black cast, it's a fucking Tyler Perry movie or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom