• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aim_Ed

I've never ever had a girlfriend only friends with benefits, but a few months ago I finally met a girl that I really liked and we got really close and we started dating a month ago. She broke up with me 4 days ago, texting me "I don't know why I told you I had feelings for you, I'm leaving", this came out of nowhere. And 2 nights ago she called me and spazzed at me for deleting and blocking her on Facebook and she called me again last night asking if we could be friends. Out of anger I told her I didn't delete her nudes(which I did as soon as we broke up) and now she thinks I'm threatening her. I'm having a real hard time trying to burn this bridge judging she calls me every night and it sucks not being able to talk to someone when I'm trying to sleep.

Currently I'm having a hard time sleeping since I still have feelings for her and I finally blocked her number last night. But it's the mornings I'm afraid of, I get really depressed whenever I wake up and I always hold myself back from sending an angry text every morning.

Sorry for the rant, and if it's hard to read it's because my mind isn't straight right now and this type of shit is alot harder to deal with than I thought.

Also, what did JC do?

EDIT: I guess I'm trying to ask you guys how to cope with losing a girlfriend?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
1. Tell her you deleted the nudes no reason to cause even more drama
2. Block her if you must (blowing up your phone too much whatever) but if you can end this maturely without needing to block her then why burn bridges.
3. Get over her and move on because she sounds completely unstable and immature (text break up!? Really?). There's much better things out there for you that this.
4. How old are you?

Edit: saw your edit. Refer to number 4 and go out with friends, get active and stay out of the house. Basically distract yourself until you find yourself not thinking about her. A month long relationship is pretty early to be this torn up over a girl though.

get over her as maturely as you can, friend.

if need to burn the bridges, then go ahead.

nobody else should make you feel like you need them to be happy.

the best solution for getting over a girl is meeting a new one, so distract yourself in the meantime.

strobogo

Banned
I've never ever had a girlfriend only friends with benefits, but a few months ago I finally met a girl that I really liked and we got really close and we started dating a month ago. She broke up with me 4 days ago, texting me "I don't know why I told you I had feelings for you, I'm leaving", this came out of nowhere. And 2 nights ago she called me and spazzed at me for deleting and blocking her on Facebook and she called me again last night asking if we could be friends. Out of anger I told her I didn't delete her nudes(which I did as soon as we broke up) and now she thinks I'm threatening her. I'm having a real hard time trying to burn this bridge judging she calls me every night and it sucks not being able to talk to someone when I'm trying to sleep.

Currently I'm having a hard time sleeping since I still have feelings for her and I finally blocked her number last night. But it's the mornings I'm afraid of, I get really depressed whenever I wake up and I always hold myself back from sending an angry text every morning.

Sorry for the rant, and if it's hard to read it's because my mind isn't straight right now and this type of shit is alot harder to deal with than I thought.

Also, what did JC do?

Cut off all contact. No texts, no facebook, don't do the stay friends thing. Clean break. Then, accept you'll feel like shit for a bit. Then, find something to occupy your time like marathoning a show or starting a new game/book/comic.

Aim_Ed

I told her I deleted me during the call, she doesn't believe me. And I'm 20, 21 in a few weeks, this is some high school type shit and I know better.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I told her I deleted me during the call, she doesn't believe me. And I'm 20, 21 in a few weeks, this is some high school type shit and I know better.
She's crazy. Did you send her pics? If no then block her move on cause like I said she sounds bat shit. You're in college I'm assuming? Man, just have fun, and if you find someone amazing and stable then you wife it up but don't go looking for it. Likely isnt gonna happen now and what you find instead won't be worth it.

I'm gonna let Johnny Gill answer this for me.

Wipe the so called "relationship" off your feet like it's dog shit

untitled-2zljf0.gif

you don't want to track it anywhere, future women can smell it.

And and if she tries to take you back, do like the breh Al B. does, turn the fuck around.... think, turn the fuck around again and walk away singing "Off On Your Own Girl"

untitled-6iwkzc.gif

Aim_Ed

You guys are right, and yea I'm in college(not my hometown either), it just sucks not having that experience to lean back on. My boys offered to take me out any day of the week so I'm hoping it's not too hard getting over this chick. Never sent her anything luckily.

Also, what did JC do?

Bruh, I been outta my relationship for 6 mos. Let's just say I'm moving out the state to start over. Enjoy your life, move forward and remember the good. It's gonna hurt at first, but after a while everyday, the hurt gets less and less. I was with mine for 9 years. And I'm still standing. This is proof that anyone can.

Jacir

I heard that they're some Egyptians who don't believe they are Africans. I thinks its kinda like if some Israelis were to say that they were not from the middle east. It doesn't make sense from any angle to me. These people are in denial. Sad really.

Shy

I heard that they're some Egyptians who don't believe they are Africans. I thinks its kinda like if some Israelis were to say that they were not from the middle east. It doesn't make sense from any angle to me. These people are in denial. Sad really.
yeah. that's odd.

well in my case i'm mixed race (my father is egyptian. but my mum isn't.) and i don't really know what to think of myself as.

x Misogi

Also, what did JC do?

Just give it time and make sure you keep yourself busy. Find a hobby, listen to some music, learn to cook new shit or something. It'll hurt less and those nights/mornings will stop feeling as shitty soon enough.

Slayven

why I dreamed that Bill Cosby called me to tell me I ain't shit and I should have never went against him?

And that is after I try to out drink Chris Pratt

So, I was thinking of making a "musicianGAF: what music sounds like yours?" thread where we post examples of stuff we heard after our mixtapes dropped or whatever and that were really similar to our own, but I'm worried it'd get nixed for being too self-promotion-y.

Congrats BlackMarvel.

Through all the nonsense that is GAF, I forgot that my blu-ray copy of "The Guest" came in.

Movie is so dope.

I actually watched that the other night... I don't really get it. I mean, I get it, but it's still pretty dumb. I liked the soundtrack and how overly 80s the finale was, though.

Remember brothers and sisters the first person killed in the revolution was a brother, Crispus Attucks and even then the police got away with it 7 of 9 redcoats were acquitted for any crimes. Stay woke.

Slayven

Tried to hit you with that filth-flarn

tried flim-flamming the cozzlebopper, ringly-boop-a-doo-wop puddin pops

Sad world we live in when Kevin Hart styles on Physlica Rasheed

Does he think Cosby is guilty? "Right now, it's a lot of speculation," he says. "All I can do is just say my prayers, and my wishes go out to all of the women who are potentially involved. His personal life has nothing to do with me. I can't control it. I will never try. It doesn't stop me from being an admirer of his work. His work and his personal life are two separate things."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kevin-hart-bill-cosby-avoiding-763370

My managing Director trying to give me a garbage ass review for 2014. I know it's because I swerved on her ass when she tried to block one of my employees from getting education assistance with no valid reason to block it.

People always wanna act tough when they separated by states and shit. Think she can fly from Oregon to NC for a client meeting today and I not find about it. I'm bout to pop in her office like the undertaker. I'm going full black too!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom