• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypernima

Banned
Let's not.

Britney is a tragic mess beyond redemption now, but in her prime she was a fierce performer and not completely without vocal merits like Jhene is. One of the few girls to be a worthy successor to Janet's legacy.

Jhene is an embarrassment. She contributes nothing to her brand other than standing there and looking mixed.

DAMN.
I've actually never heard any of her music, I just only heard from a friend that she wasn't good live.

strobogo

Banned
Let's not.

Britney is a tragic mess beyond redemption now, but in her prime she was a fierce performer and not completely without vocal merits like Jhene is. One of the few girls to be a worthy successor to Janet's legacy.

Jhene is an embarrassment. She contributes nothing to her brand other than standing there and looking mixed.

Wait. Are you really saying BRITNEY SPEARS was a worthy successor to...JANET FUCKING JACKSON? What in the flying fuck.

Village

Jhene doesn't need talent, she's Blasian. I wasn't even mad when she denied the concert for my School's Spring Bling. We ended up getting Trinidad James, ugh.

Why does that Queen song play so low. I can barely hear Badu. I really only like it for the rap at the end.

Is that all it takes.

I need to get into a studio then.

ReiGun

As long as the cockroaches keep wandering under my heel, I'll keep crushing them.
The best/worst part is I didn't even use the hashtag. Meaning they searched for the damn term to find me. lol

Lord, I wish I lived a life so privileged that I could be that obtuse, hateful, and sad with no visible repercussions.

royalan

DAMN.
I've actually never heard any of her music, I just only heard from a friend that she wasn't good live.

I'm sorry, I just don't see it for this basic mess after she had the audacity to throw some twitter shade at the homegirl Tinashe. Look, don't be mad because Tinashe getting her hustle on and collecting coins. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, you sleepin' on a cat pillow outside Drake's door.

Wait. Are you really saying BRITNEY SPEARS was a worthy successor to...JANET FUCKING JACKSON? What in the flying fuck.

Well, this isn't really a controversial opinion. A lot of people like to say that Britney is in the Madonna lane, but really it's generally agreed that Britney borrowed more from early Janet than anyone else. In early interviews Britney always named Janet as her biggest influence.

Not saying she's better than Janet...but she definitely went to the Janet School of Pop and Performance.

/PopGAF

DominoKid

I'm sorry, I just don't see it for this basic mess after she had the audacity to throw some twitter shade at the homegirl Tinashe. Look, don't be mad because Tinashe getting her hustle on and collecting coins. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, you sleepin' on a cat pillow outside Drake's door.

nah i think she hitched her wagon to Donald Glover now.

RedSwirl

Dry scalp. What do you do fam?

For some reason I had to deal with unprecedented levels of dandruff. Wasted an hour with some special shampoo getting it out.

I already oil my hair up daily.

And for Coli lurkers/readers.... through all the fuckery, exposures, "cac" this "cac" that, PAWGs, etc... it is nice to see those guys do something for a family.

mjcry1.png
that thread is wonderful.

Trey

For some reason I had to deal with unprecedented levels of dandruff. Wasted an hour with some special shampoo getting it out.

how often do you wash your hair? Sounds like you just need to chill with that. One a week or a few times a month gets it done for me.

royalan

What products are you using in your hair?

I ask that because a few weeks ago I thought I was developing bad dandruff and after first couldn't figure out why. Turns out it was this new shea butter hair stuff that I was using that ended up being cheap as shit, and when it dried it left behind an extremely flaky residue. Stopped using it and after a good shampooing it cleared right up.

Some hair products also contain a form of wax, which also dries flaky.

Other than that, my natural go-to for dandruff prevention is moisture (so regular washing, even if I'm not using shampoo), and oil to keep the scalp from drying out. After every shampooing (which you should only be doing twice a week at MOST), I pour a small dab the size of a quarter of this stuff:

YpIH35F.jpg

Cheap-yet-good and can be found even at your local CVS/Rite-Aid

And massage it into my scalp while my hair is still dropping wet. Works like a charm at keeping my scalp moisturized and itch-free. Smells good as fuck, too.

J10

Banned
Pregnant woman selling ten-dollar bottles of piss to other broads trying to trap dudes with false pregnancy tests.

andthebeatgoeson

What products are you using in your hair?

I ask that because a few weeks ago I thought I was developing bad dandruff and after first couldn't figure out why. Turns out it was this new shea butter hair stuff that I was using that ended up being cheap as shit, and when it dried it left behind an extremely flaky residue. Stopped using it and after a good shampooing it cleared right up.

Some hair products also contain a form of wax, which also dries flaky.
Yeah, someone here put me on to watching out for residue. Now, I may shampoo once a week but regularly just scrub my head with my wash cloth(have a low cut). Just to get the oil and dirt off my scalp. Dandruff is down 90%.

Shea butter is the worst for residue. Stay away. Sounds like it will download common and dre 3000 right onto your cranium but it's bullshit.

royalan

Yeah, someone here put me on to watching out for residue. Now, I may shampoo once a week but regularly just scrub my head with my wash cloth(have a low cut). Just to get the oil and dirt off my scalp. Dandruff is down 90%.

Shea butter is the worst for residue. Stay away. Sounds like it will download common and dre 3000 right onto your cranium but it's bullshit.

Nah, you can still use shea butter. It's actually REALLY good for your hair (AND skin).

You just gotta be careful because it's really thick stuff, AND you gotta make sure you using high quality stuff.

I like Jhene's music a lot, but nah at where this is headed. Britney could perform her ass off and had some heat back in the day. She was legit.

Britney can't sing though...at all...does that chick even write her own shit? She be sounding like a cat that got thrown in a tub of water and shit, her vocals be sounding like the mating call of a albino rhinoceros and shit. She be having her mic off during her life perofmrnaces cause the sound guys are like "All we got is this windows XP machine, we can't do that voice shit today, so just shake your nonexistent ass and gyrate your hips...oh and play with a snake!" Like only thing Britney had going for her was a squad of people penning hits and making the poppy beats. Bitch needs an IBM supercomputer to do her vocals for her and shit, got an entire building dedicated to rendering decent vocals for her ass. Janet Jackson? Britney's not even fit to be named alongside Janet Jacme.

royalan

Britney can't sing though...at all...does that chick even write her own shit? She be sounding like a cat that got thrown in a tub of water and shit, her vocals be sounding like the mating call of a albino rhino and shit. Like only thing Britney had going for her was a squad of people penning hits and making the poppy beats. Bitch needs an IBM supercomputer to do her vocals for her and shit, got an entire building dedicated to rendering decent vocals for her ass.

Wake me up when Jhene sounds this good vocally.

Or puts out a video as iconic.

Or does anything even half as Iconic as this Britney Spears Rehearsal (seriously, this performance alone birthed an entire generation of dancers).

Until then...

i0npXIOowlJ73.gif

Wake me up when Jhene sounds this good vocally.

Or puts out a video as iconic.

Or does anything even half as Iconic as this Britney Spears Rehearsal (seriously, this performance alone birthed an entire generation of dancers).

Until then...

i0npXIOowlJ73.gif

Wake me up when Britney Spears is relevant in 2014. She should focus less on struggling with music and focus more on struggling to get custody of her kids.

And yo if that first video is suppose to be an example of amazing vocals...I can see why this chick hasn't been relevant since 02. Kids got tired of the American Hatsume Miku with her struggle lyrics. Sometimes I wonder? Yea sometimes I wonder why this chick is even being talked about right now. Reminds me of what was it? 2010 MTV awards when they gave her like 8 awards and nobody knew she even put out an album that year. Then she had that struggle performance, and every time she 'won' those pity awards she looked like she didn't know what year it was. Shit she didn't even know she put out an album that year.

Young Magus

Wake me up when Britney Spears is relevant in 2014. She should focus less on struggling with music and focus more on struggling to get custody of her kids.

And yo if that first video is suppose to be an example of amazing vocals...I can see why this chick hasn't been relevant since 02. Kids got tired of the American Hatsume Miku with her struggle lyrics. Sometimes I wonder? Yea sometimes I wonder why this chick is even being talked about right now. Reminds me of what was it? 2010 MTV awards when they gave her like 8 awards and nobody knew she even put out an album that year. Then she had that struggle performance, and every time she 'won' those pity awards she looked like she didn't know what year it was. Shit she didn't even know she put out an album that year.

This line has a brotha dying.
Gawd damn AE

royalan

LOL, the sad-yet-obvious response to this "...but what is your fave Jhene doin tho?"

Britney can't sing though...at all...does that chick even write her own shit? She be sounding like a cat that got thrown in a tub of water and shit, her vocals be sounding like the mating call of a albino rhinoceros and shit. She be having her mic off during her life perofmrnaces cause the sound guys are like "All we got is this windows XP machine, we can't do that voice shit today, so just shake your nonexistent ass and gyrate your hips...oh and play with a snake!" Like only thing Britney had going for her was a squad of people penning hits and making the poppy beats. Bitch needs an IBM supercomputer to do her vocals for her and shit, got an entire building dedicated to rendering decent vocals for her ass. Janet Jackson? Britney's not even fit to be named alongside Janet Jacme.

Yooooo!!!
nnd1MFe.jpg

eh Britney made like $60 mill a few years and haven't done shit since 2003 and sitting making bank in Vegas lip-syncing the same old songs over and over again. Struggle all she wants still making 10+ million a year with little work

strobogo

Banned
Brittney being the successor to Janet Jackson is the dumbest thing I've read in BCTs. The same threads that are 60% anime, 10% music, 10% food, 10% women, and 10% horse/bear/ain'tshit/stupid shit Fex says.

Eh, I like Britney.

-----

In other news, I played Dragon Age: Inquisition until 2AM last night and I'm not sure how much I like it. I picked a rogue as my starting class but I'm not sure it even matters for the reasons I picked it for (picking locks).

Also, while the character creation is fairly robust, it's not very intuitive.
Still praying for that Black Desert system to get licensed.

jWILL253

Banned
Only in America can the actual quality of an artist's work be countered with, "But what has your favorite artist done, though? / But you favorite artist ain't eating, though."

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I mean that's funny as hell and all, but Jhene has been terrible live. Both are/were better studio artists than live singers, but Spears had actual performance chops to back her up.

We can bring up the now, but it really isn't a comparison. One had a career and got legend status. The other just started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom