• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Amber Rose's last two instagram posts

Thank Me Later.
iBqZtDT3pYEGe.png

why you didn't post the pics ? here I will link them

http://cdn29.elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/l2.png

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Someone said Janelle Monae? I love that woman. So smart, so beautiful, so talented. An electric lady of the first degree. She's from my hometown (KCK). Puts on a spectacular live show as well, she even crowd surfed when I saw her here.

Malyse

Someone said Janelle Monae? I love that woman. So smart, so beautiful, so talented. An electric lady of the first degree. She's from my hometown (KCK). Puts on a spectacular live show as well, she even crowd surfed when I saw her here.

I liked her until I saw some interviews with her. Then I absolutely fell in love.

*blackpoint musings*

"yea that sounds cool dude, can't wait to see it finished"

*releases pimps & simps and blackpoint system*

"LOL look at this dude tryna make a name for himself with this nerd shit. aint nobody got time to fill all that out"

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
*blackpoint musings*

"yea that sounds cool dude, can't wait to see it finished"

*releases pimps & simps and blackpoint system*

"LOL look at this dude tryna make a name for himself with this nerd shit. aint nobody got time to fill all that out"
Yo whatever happened to that blackpoint thing? That was cool. But I knew it wasn't ever gonna be released.
lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If Janet is MJ, Britney is Vince Carter
Let's not.

Britney is a tragic mess beyond redemption now, but in her prime she was a fierce performer and not completely without vocal merits like Jhene is. One of the few girls to be a worthy successor to Janet's legacy.

Jhene is an embarrassment. She contributes nothing to her brand other than standing there and looking mixed.

so accurate

i want to love jhene, but she couldn't keep up with some of the better freestyle lounge singers out there. when cassie murders you at everything - you just aren't good enough.

so accurate

i want to love jhene, but she couldn't keep up with some of the better freestyle lounge singers out there. when cassie murders you at everything - you just aren't good enough.

Nah fam.

Did we forget this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tLYJQF2WRw

And she don't even write her own ish. Shit she only had partial writing credit on 3 songs off of her debut album. Bruh…she only has partial credit for 3 songs off an 11 track album. I mean what is there at that point? Like Jhene got them struggle vocals, but at least the girl has enough aptitude to write her own melodramatic ish that people can relate to. With Casse…other than some hot box and probably struggle head, what does Cassie even contribute in the studio? She's basically Britney Murphy from 8 Mile at that point.

Cassie do be looking better than Jhene tho s/o to Diddy for making her his long term side piece. I'd be fine with either...the kids would be glorious!

*Walks off and puts on Phlo Finister's music*

DY_nasty

Nah fam.

Did we forget this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tLYJQF2WRw

And she don't even write her own ish. Shit she only had partial writing credit on 3 songs off of her debut album. Bruh…she only has partial credit for 3 songs off an 11 track album.

Cassie do be looking better than Jhene tho s/o to Diddy for making her his long term side piece. I'd be fine with either...the kids would be glorious!
breh

nobody writes their own shit. #getwoke

all that natural hair music got you fucked up

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
breh

nobody writes their own shit. #getwoke

all that natural hair music got you fucked up

lol

People don't give a damn about artists writing their own material, and haven't for a long time now. lol. The only artist that I see getting shine off of that is og Swift-er sweeper.

DY_nasty

what does it matter if she wrote it herself if its proof that jhene can't write for shit?
i4UY15WQS59G4.png

jhene, lyrically, is the soulja boy of r&b - except she can't even fucking dance either

harSon

Banned
what does it matter if she wrote it herself if its proof that jhene can't write for shit?
i4UY15WQS59G4.png

jhene, lyrically, is the soulja boy of r&b - except she can't even fucking dance either

She can't sing either... at least not without that post-production crutch.

i4UY15WQS59G4.png

You can't come in here saying Cassie is better at everything when pretty much Cassie ain't good at anything.

Like bruh if you can't at least provide struggle lyrics then what do you bring at that point? Cassie was literally some on demand hot box for Diddy.

Cassie is the Millie Vanillie of R&B except...she don't even have a fanbase. Chick don't even got a street team. chick was worthless as fuck. Cassie is like that one child in the family with absolutely no talents, but her parents keep telling her "You're gonna find something you're good at" knowing damn well this child ain't shit.

Cassie's best track is singing "Daddy go hard" on Jay's Venus & Mars track partially because Diddy left the mic on when he was hittin it.

DY_nasty

You can't come in here saying Cassie is better at everything when pretty much Cassie ain't good at anything.

Like bruh if you can't at least provide struggle lyrics then what do you bring at that point? Cassie was literally some on demand hot box for Diddy.

Cassie is the Millie Vanillie of R&B except...she don't even have a fanbase. Chick don't even got a street team. chick was worthless as fuck. Cassie is like that one child in the family with absolutely no talents, but her parents keep telling her "You're gonna find something you're good at" knowing damn well this child ain't shit.

Cassie's best track is singing "Daddy go hard" on Jay's Venus & Mars track partially because Diddy left the mic on when he was hittin it.
Cassie's production wasn't as good. Clearly. And being Diddy's official notarized sidechick is a pretty stable career choice - especially when the niche that she and Jhene both occupied has a maximum potential of Keri Hilson (in reality, most of that caliber entertainer end up somewhere along the lines of Brooke Valentyne, Christina Millian, and Nivea). So I'm like... I can't knock Cassie for cashing out early.

I will say that Jhene can't sing for shit, writes like she's putting in a rough draft for a 9th grade poetry project, and is Alicia Keys-tier trying to dance. Basically she fine as fuck but really ain't shit.

What's that old music producer that was on Colbert say? Not all good singers are good writer's and he straight up told that to Whitney

Either way at least I write my own shit! R&B album out in 2016 I'm gonna do the musical equivalent of the EGOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom