• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassie's production wasn't as good. Clearly. And being Diddy's official notarized sidechick is a pretty stable career choice - especially when the niche that she and Jhene both occupied has a maximum potential of Keri Hilson (in reality, most of that caliber entertainer end up somewhere along the lines of Brooke Valentyne, Christina Millian, and Nivea). So I'm like... I can't knock Cassie for cashing out early.

I will say that Jhene can't sing for shit, writes like she's putting in a rough draft for a 9th grade poetry project, and is Alicia Keys-tier trying to dance. Basically she fine as fuck but really ain't shit.

Cassie didn't have a choice but to cash out cause she wasn't shit and everyone basically realized that once she put out the album. Cassie faded so hard because she's the audio form of herpes...didn't even know she was there until someone told you about her.

Besides I've always said that Jhene is a struggle singer, but I'd much rather listen to her music than Cassie or Brittany Spears.

Malyse

Cassie didn't have a choice but to cash out cause she wasn't shit and everyone basically realized that once she put out the album. Cassie faded so hard because she's the audio form of herpes...didn't even know she was there until someone told you about her.

Besides I've always said that Jhene is a struggle singer, but I'd much rather listen to her music than Cassie or Brittany Spears.

She couldn't even get that Kim K bump.

----

But Jessica Drew, doe.
tumblr_ngsdtabwcP1re8ijgo1_1280.jpg

Simply the best! Bah bah BAH bah bah!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
that costume is fucking atrocious

jesus fuck that's just awful

wow

i didn't know i could turn into one of those people who is absolutely repulsed by a characters new look like that

geez

so we've come to the heart of the matter
iJ6jx36jZywQE.png
not all faves are created equally

I don't mind the civilian-looking (far left) design for the costume, but I have no attachment to the character, so yeah. Looks tumblr as hell.

But Jessica Drew, doe.
tumblr_ngsdtabwcP1re8ijgo1_1280.jpg

Simply the best! Bah bah BAH bah bah!

Yo this outfit

post-41349-jonah-hill-oscars-cut-it-out-g-w5Tc.gif

Shit looks like Barbara's throwaway from her new Batgirl costume

so we've come to the heart of the matter
iJ6jx36jZywQE.png
not all faves are created equally

I agree, hopefully you'll stop bringing up Cassie in the future. That was embarrassing for you. Like only time Cassie should be brought up in any conversation about relevancy/skill/singing is when she's being compared to an STD.

Sup folks...what we bumping today as far as music is concern?

Right now I'm bumping Eric Roberson- She Was Fly

Esperanza Spalding - I Can't Help It.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That's even WORSE

she looks like a League of Legends reject

and holy fuck someone can't draw for shit. she looks like she's made of 4 different people wtf
I agree, hopefully you'll stop bringing up Cassie in the future. That was embarrassing for you. Like only time Cassie should be brought up in any conversation about relevancy/skill/singing is when she's being compared to an STD.]

I said Jhene was Soulja Boy not an STD

Slayven

The problem I have with costumes that turn into regular clothes, means that person will have to wear the same shit over and over. Ends up looking stupid. Besides her book will be gone by 12 issues.

G-Fex

Never liked Britney, she sucks.

Janelle Monae is pretty fucking based though. I love her.

I think I should buy a Janelle Monae album.

A bit? Who ever drew that said "fuck the rules, fuck anatomy, fuck perspective!" Legs ain't right, arms ain't right, chest ain't right. This shit looks so struggle. This is one of those artists who had family and friends gas them up their entire life like "oh wow you should become a comicbook artist you're so good! I can only draw stick figures" knowing damn well that dude's shit sucked ass…so this muthafucka became a comic book artist and shit probably mentally comparing himself to cats like Adam Hughes, Alex Ross and others knowing damn well he's coasting on Liefield's level.

I said Jhene was Soulja Boy not an STD

And I said Cassie skills talents should only be brought up when we're talking about STDs. I'd rather listen to a random weeaboo GAF member sing a Japanese song acapella than listen to Cassie. I'd rather listen to Bill O'Reiliy tell me black people ain't shit for 4hours than listen to Cassie.

Preach! Monae is the truth.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Goddamn that costume is the drizzling shits.
Struggle suit to the max. Whoever directed that character redesign needs to sit down and reconsider the life choices that got them here.

Tatiana Nahai, product manager for Gameloft called the redesign "functional" and "cool,"
If Gameloft was in any way involved in the creative direction I would laugh so hard

this dude really running around in his boxers
Roll out of bed and go fight crime, no time wasted. I get it.

Slayven

Struggle suit to the max. Whoever directed that character redesign needs to sit down and reconsider the life choices that got them here.

If Gameloft was in any way involved in the creative direction I would laugh so hard
They might, they got her swinging on webs in the game, despite the fact she can fly and never used webs

Malyse

Bleach, nigga. When will they just have a character who's power is to win?

That's exactly what happened in the latest chapter (the big bad's power is called "Almighty").

I know, but it was so poorly written and drawn out.

This is why i like Satoshi Mizukami so much. One of the villains in Sengoku Youko is so genre savvy that the realize that straight up fighting the hero would just get them punked, so they have to set up a grand scale battle where the hero would be forced into an end battle they would have to sacrifice themselves to win. NisiOisiN did the same in Medaka Box, where one character straight refused to battle because the other character was the protagonist and they didn't want to lose.

Kreed

Just had to speak to a lawyer at work. A CTO in another department thought it would be "funny" to write a letter to the head of HR, signed by multiple members of his team (fake signatures but still...), asking her if she would "take one for the team" and sleep with a potential client we were trying to work with. *smacks forehead*

I work with his department a lot so the head of HR thought I would be a good witness vs the rest of his team. I didn't see/know about the incident though, so I just threw dude under the bus for being an idiot for making a "joke" like that. Not expecting this dude to be here after the holidays, if not the rest of his team.

Malyse

Just had to speak to a lawyer at work. A CTO in another department thought it would be "funny" to write a letter to the head of HR, signed by multiple members of his team (fake signatures but still...), asking her if she would "take one for the team" and sleep with a potential client we were trying to work with. *smacks forehead*

I work with his department a lot so the head of HR thought I would be a good witness vs the rest of his team. I didn't see/know about the incident though, so I just threw dude under the bus for being an idiot for making a "joke" like that. Not expecting this dude to be here after the holidays, if not the rest of his team.

Naw bruh. He threw himself under the damn bus and it ain't your job to save his dumb ass.

Seriously that's such a bad costume. Like Wiz Khalifa's outfit for the cover of ONIFC makes more sense than this shit, and there weren't enough drugs in the world to explain Wiz's fit.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

I think I should buy a Janelle Monae album.
You should get Archandroid.
The Electric Lady is really good. I'm not as much a fan of ArchAndroid.
I like both but I feel like the flow and delivery of Archandroid is a better intro to her. That said you can't really go wrong with either one. Electric Lady has stronger production and standalone track value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom