• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

The new Supergirl is the one character that wasn't completely insufferable on Glee (before I dropped it). I glad the one character I liked is getting to be successful.

Malyse

Glee turned to shit after the first season when the show stopped beign self aware
Fully agree. I have a thing where I really want to finish everything I start, even if I don't like it as much as I did at the start. But Glee got really fucking awful and I just dropped it; the only thing comparable was Community S4 where it became a show it would have made fun of in S1. In fact, I realizes I literally didn't give a full about any character but Marley and I was like, fuck this.

Slayven

Was glee really ever good?
First season

Fully agree. I have a thing where I really want to finish everything I start, even if I don't like it as much as I did at the start. But Glee got really fucking awful and I just dropped it; the only thing comparable was Community S4 where it became a show it would have made fun of in S1. In fact, I realizes I literally didn't give a full about any character but Marley and I was like, fuck this.

I hate Abed

I'll do the BP movie thread if you are gonna do such a disservice to it.

Relax. None of us will be here in two years anyway.
Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

Fucked up..

Furyous

Just saw this for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcGPYxpPt6Q

Kinda makes me want to snag it on Steam, lol.

Who's going to petition Sony to let this on the PSN store? Who's going to petition Apple to let this through?

Steph out here putting in work. Odell prolly hit her with dat Dim Mak. Instagram has fucked up a lot of people's frolicking.

---

It's that time you've all been waiting for: STORY TIME!!!!!

A good four years ago, I'm getting off work at the JO, minding my business on way home, when I get a call. It turns out someone that looks like me got into a fight with a basketball player and put him in a coma. No, big deal right? However, my homie tells me the whole town knows. Me, being the upstanding bastion of nice, pillar of the community I am, decide to say, whatever has to happen can happen even thought that wasn't me. WE go to jail over things like this.

I've never had more people glare at me, menacingly before in life. One of my asian friends who graduated from the same university wanted to fight me but it didn't make sense because I dropped him off with my car earlier in the year. He was lucky when we ran into each that I had two bags in my hand and was in front of an insurance agency, otherwise *EDIT for peaceful brand recognition* This was a situation where someone who didn't like me tried to set me up and get involved in beef. Unfortunately for them I grew up in a place with real beef where we don't play these games.

Long story short, these people were all alien vaginas. Whole bunch of 10-year-old-breast-fed-soft-as-baby-shit-jackasses who didn't have the heart to express any of this to my face. So yeah, basically, there wasn't a cooling of heads on anyone's side because they realized I wasn't the dude that did this and I'm not the person to pick on offline, in these streets.

harSon

Banned
Bruhs, I'm about make some poor call person quit. I had Sears at my house repairing my Washer, and dude just bounced without saying shit while I was cooking. I got black shit/spare parts all over the laundry room and bathroom. He left my shit looking like this:

I waited a bit thinking he'd come back, but naw, apparently dude wants to be fired.

Malyse

Bruhs, I'm about make some poor call person quit. I had Sears at my house repairing my Washer, and dude just bounced without saying shit while I was cooking. I got black shit/spare parts all over the laundry room and bathroom. He left my shit looking like this:

I waited a bit thinking he'd come back, but naw, apparently dude wants to be fired.
Well don't disappoint him then.

Shy

I just found out that Spielberg licensed King's speeches for a movie project, which is why none of the speeches in Selma were the original versions.

The fuck? Can't even own our speeches? lmao, I can't even be mad at this.

I can only imagine some indie crew gets a cease and desist letter for making a short film reenacting MLK's pivotal moments because the speech is owned by Spielberg.

MLK's family did it.
i don't understand, aren't speeches by there very nature public domain. family permission or not.
He's pretty good on The Flash
he really is.
I think I'll be done with GAF and other gaming communities after E3.

Too many sociopathic assholes that post on these sites. Can't talk about treatment of women and minorities in any context, let alone gaming. But offend your favorite developer/publisher/corporation/sports team? Serious business.
i know i'm new and you don't know me, but please don't go because of that. if everyone leaves then all that's left will be those assholes. and it will just makes so much worst.

DominoKid

lmaoooo damn.

fuck a call center i'd go up to sears about that shit if you know where they send the repairmen from.

jWILL253

Banned
i don't understand, aren't speeches by there very nature public domain. family permission or not.

he really is.

i know i'm new and you don't know me, but please don't go because of that. if everyone leaves then all that's left will be those assholes. and it will just makes so much worst.

I know. Problem is, it's literally getting to the point where people in this very thread have dropped the site completely. Some say they are doing it for other reasons, but I'm sure that the quality of the site's userbase and posts have a lot to do with it.

I mean, if it gets to the point that a significant number of people don't even feel comfortable posting on your site anymore, then you have a problem. It honestly feels like it your aren't a White male gamer, then this site and others like it aren't for you.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Always seem like a decent amount of bct catch bans right before bhm. Stay up Rio and everyone else too.

Jwill send me your SoundCloud link.

Where satch and devo at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom