• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Ok so I got the go ahead a bit ago from Seda but I was a bit preoccupied to put this together until now. I just wanted to let you guys know of some recent developments that were important to me and that you guys might enjoy. I hope this doesn't come across as spammy and I apologize if it does. If you have any questions I'll be more than happy you answer them in thread or via PM.

A) I think a few people in this thread live in or frequent NYC. My parents recently opened a restaurant called "Le Marecage" (French for "Swamp") in the East Village of Manhattan that serves Haitian-West African cuisine (or what I'd call home cooking :p). My father is the head chef and has been cooking for the past what 40-50 years? He's been a teacher at the French Culinary Institute, run a catering business and cafes but has always wanted to open a proper restaurant and finally got the chance. Of course I'll vouch for my family and its culinary prowess but if you need completely unbiased opinions you can read these links. Also YELP if that's a thing you use. If you're nearby I suggest you drop by. I personally guarantee you'll have a good meal :)

marecagelamb-thumb-565x423.jpg

B)
Some good friends of mine a running campaigns on Kickstarter (that end pretty soon) for games called Funemployed and Emergents: Genesis. The first is a party game where people try to interview for jobs using wacky key words. The later is a deckbuilding card game set in a superhero universe. Both campaigns have videos that probably do a better job of explaining how you play them. I've played the first one and its quite fun. As with most things its better with a bit of alcohol. I've played prototypes of Emergents Genesis and it was already a lot of fun so the final product should be even better. I just wanted to bring these to your attention as they seem like products people may enjoy.

75f65bd776f62930870cddfb9fcaca3d_large.jpg

9f6e64edd13f1a6c5aa5f6de2da551d8_large.jpg

Kreed

Naw bruh. He threw himself under the damn bus and it ain't your job to save his dumb ass.

Definitely wasn't trying to save him. This is the type of guy (50+ in age) that spends most of his free time on the Drudge Report website and as a minority you are bracing yourself for something suspect to come out of his mouth in any non work related discussion.

Malyse

Definitely wasn't trying to save him. This is the type of guy (50+ in age) that spends most of his free time on the Drudge Report website and as a minority you are bracing yourself for something suspect to come out of his mouth in any non work related discussion.
Then good fukken riddance to bad trash.

RedSwirl

how often do you wash your hair? Sounds like you just need to chill with that. One a week or a few times a month gets it done for me.

Usually just twice a week. For now though I'm probably gonna do it every day for the next few days with this new stuff till it get's sorted out. I cut my hair lower than usual last weekend so I'm getting closer to my scalp than I have in a while.

What products are you using in your hair?

I ask that because a few weeks ago I thought I was developing bad dandruff and after first couldn't figure out why. Turns out it was this new shea butter hair stuff that I was using that ended up being cheap as shit, and when it dried it left behind an extremely flaky residue. Stopped using it and after a good shampooing it cleared right up.

Some hair products also contain a form of wax, which also dries flaky.

Other than that, my natural go-to for dandruff prevention is moisture (so regular washing, even if I'm not using shampoo), and oil to keep the scalp from drying out. After every shampooing (which you should only be doing twice a week at MOST), I pour a small dab the size of a quarter of this stuff:

YpIH35F.jpg

Cheap-yet-good and can be found even at your local CVS/Rite-Aid

And massage it into my scalp while my hair is still dropping wet. Works like a charm at keeping my scalp moisturized and itch-free. Smells good as fuck, too.

Switching over to Head and Shoulders for a little while.

Slayven

Just had to speak to a lawyer at work. A CTO in another department thought it would be "funny" to write a letter to the head of HR, signed by multiple members of his team (fake signatures but still...), asking her if she would "take one for the team" and sleep with a potential client we were trying to work with. *smacks forehead*

I work with his department a lot so the head of HR thought I would be a good witness vs the rest of his team. I didn't see/know about the incident though, so I just threw dude under the bus for being an idiot for making a "joke" like that. Not expecting this dude to be here after the holidays, if not the rest of his team.

I ain't taking no bullet for somebody willing to shoot themselves in the head.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Too bad *****__ is floating threw space with no return date like a Russian cosmonaut dog.
lmao
School stress as usual. Had to take out a loan due to a scheduling fuckup.
Been there, that shit sucks. I actually finished the semester on top and with finances intact. The trouble now is the damn advising department is fucking me around about allowing me to finish my degree. The two classes I need aren't being offered until next fall so I am trying to get a substitution. Went in and spoke to an advisor, sent four emails, left two voice-mails for the director of enrollment...if these people think they are going to ignore me until Christmas break they are going to be sorely disappointed when I storm in on Monday.

jWILL253

Banned
The entertainment industry is gonna die with all this North Korea shit.

How the fuck you ban a showing of a film that had little to no outrage when it came out in 2004?

EDIT: THe mods took *****_ out due to threats from North Korea.

I think it's hilarious someone in here mentioned that "if they made a movie about killing Obama half the US would help fund it" because The View was on at the gym today (I went at a weird time in the morning) and they were discussing exactly that.

*****_ has achieved legend status. What we didnt know was that he was really the true true. That He climbed that mountain and faced Agent Smith with Ole Michael Sullivan.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
NK really got these movie companies shook, huh?

Now movie theatres can't even show Team America because it makes fun of North Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom