• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

We got honeydicked over a seth rogan and james flacco movie breh
Seth Rogan plays a 20 something white guy without direction and a weed problem. What will happen next?

Let's listen in while he figures out his problems on the couch while taking bong hits.

Yo, that chick epitomizes ass so big you can see it from the front. Lawd.

you know you spend too much time in BCT when you're laughing at this

3b862w2.png

I feel like I have to talk about this because it left an impact on me and I think the first movie that I was cussing at the screen. This will probably be ignored in a thread so I'm posting it here.

220px-JustAnotherGirlOnTheIRT.jpg

I found this movie on Netflix and decided to give it a try. It's definitely one of the most memorable random picks I ever made. The movie stars Ariyan Johnson, some girl who was on a few episodes of The Steve Harvey Show, but this was back in 92 before she was on there. The movie definitely takes me back to the 90's with all the good boom bap rap, r&b music, and sexy fashion.

TRI_FLM_JustAnotherGirl.jpg

The premise of the movie is basically about a high school girl trying to get out the hood, but some real shit gets in the way that looks like it will hold her back. The acting in the movie is cheesy at a lot of points, but I kept on watching regardless. There is a bit of dialogue that made me go what the fuck. Ah, here's an example.

6430f7bd7744706b0b0ba2357ccaf112.jpg

I do say that Ariyan Johnson pulled off the character of Chantel accurately. The boyfriend was also believable. To sum this movie it was basically the story of a hoodrat. What stuck with me in regards to this movie is when shit hit the fan.
When Chantel fucks up and finds out she's pregnant, she starts doing a lot of dumb shit. She pretends like she isn't pregnant hoping it will go away. Keeps it a secret to her parents and thinks no one knows the difference between being fat and pregnant. Her boyfriend gave her five grand to get an abortion and went shopping with her girlfriend with it. That was fucked up. Later, the true fuckery rose from the depths of the ocean. Chantel goes into labor prematurely and the boyfriend doesn't take her to the hospital just because she says she doesn't want anyone to know that she was pregnant. Her should've grabbed her ass and took her anyway, but that's not the end of it. The true true fuckery came when the baby was delivered and Chantel said she didn't want to look at it. She hands him a garbage bag and tells her to take it outside. The boyfriend actually puts the baby in the trash bag and sits it on the curb. He redeemed himself a little when he went back and got it a little later after a child came across it and it brought police attention.
The end of the movie, put me off a little bit. It sounded like she didn't learn shit at all about her experience and it sounded like she was going to fall into some more shit while at the community college. I'm not the least bit surprised that her relationship with her father didn't last. The sex scene in the movie was hot though.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Wow that is a fucked up story. I don't doubt that it's happened for real though.

And there are about a million dumb contraception myths.

Slayven

I feel like I have to talk about this because it left an impact on me and I think the first movie that I was cussing at the screen. This will probably be ignored in a thread so I'm posting it here.

220px-JustAnotherGirlOnTheIRT.jpg

I found this movie on Netflix and decided to give it a try. It's definitely one of the most memorable random picks I ever made. The movie stars Ariyan Johnson, some girl who was on a few episodes of The Steve Harvey Show, but this was back in 92 before she was on there. The movie definitely takes me back to the 90's with all the good boom bap rap, r&b music, and sexy fashion.

TRI_FLM_JustAnotherGirl.jpg

The premise of the movie is basically about a high school girl trying to get out the hood, but some real shit gets in the way that looks like it will hold her back. The acting in the movie is cheesy at a lot of points, but I kept on watching regardless. There is a bit of dialogue that made me go what the fuck. Ah, here's an example.

6430f7bd7744706b0b0ba2357ccaf112.jpg

I do say that Ariyan Johnson pulled off the character of Chantel accurately. The boyfriend was also believable. To sum this movie it was basically the story of a hoodrat. What stuck with me in regards to this movie is when shit hit the fan.
When Chantel fucks up and finds out she's pregnant, she starts doing a lot of dumb shit. She pretends like she isn't pregnant hoping it will go away. Keeps it a secret to her parents and thinks no one knows the difference between being fat and pregnant. Her boyfriend gave her five grand to get an abortion and went shopping with her girlfriend with it. That was fucked up. Later, the true fuckery rose from the depths of the ocean. Chantel goes into labor prematurely and the boyfriend doesn't take her to the hospital just because she says she doesn't want anyone to know that she was pregnant. Her should've grabbed her ass and took her anyway, but that's not the end of it. The true true fuckery came when the baby was delivered and Chantel said she didn't want to look at it. She hands him a garbage bag and tells her to take it outside. The boyfriend actually puts the baby in the trash bag and sits it on the curb. He redeemed himself a little when he went back and got it a little later after a child came across it and it brought police attention.
The end of the movie, put me off a little bit. It sounded like she didn't learn shit at all about her experience and it sounded like she was going to fall into some more shit while at the community college. I'm not the least bit surprised that her relationship with her father didn't last. The sex scene in the movie was hot though.

Sounds depressing as hell. That is why Strictly Business is my goto 90s black movie

278412_large.jpg

royalan

I don't watch WWE these days, but judging by the internet isn't Roman Reigns one of the most popular wrestlers these days? He's certainly one of the most visible - I run into his fan clubs everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom