• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
Kingdom Hearts 3 for 40 bucks? And free release day shipping?

tumblr_m994k0KzGt1rw156vo1_500.gif

my heart has now broken twice

cdyhybrid

.... NO COMMENT like a motherfucker.

So uhh.... let's talk about Microsoft's surface sales. They're up which is a good thing.

I need to find an investment opportunity that involves either xvideos and HoloLens or Flashlight and Oculus.

Surface got that Russell Wilson bump.

Malyse

Slayven

In the south I take so much racist shit for granted and just think people know. But then the good lord sent Mr.Besada and he taught me there was more racism out there.

Slayven

I actually laughed while reading this. It seriously sounds like something you would read on the onion.

I live in Georgia and I haven't heard colored in years. Not since my grandmother's friend died, and he use to call me "Punjab" for some reason.

has anyone quantified The Fuckery Postulate yet

given i started measuring y'alls statistical worth after i became one of the good ones maybe I'll take a shot at it

Malyse

Yoo. Yoooooo.

I just found out something in my black history month research that blew my fucking mind. Fucking J. Edgar Hoover was black. Mixed and passing, but black. Own worst enemy indeed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-hoover-black/2011/11/20/gIQAZcu3kN_blog.html

Millie McGhee said:
In the late 1950s, I was a young girl growing up in rural McComb, Mississippi. A story had been passed down through several generations that the land we lived on was owned by the Hoover family. My grandfather told me that this powerful man, Edgar, was his second cousin, and was passing for white. If we talked about this, he was so powerful he could have us all killed. I grew up terrified about all this.
Gore Vidal said:
It was always said in my family and around the city that Hoover was mulatto. And that he came from a family that passed.

lordmrw

Not that I'm expecting my power to go out but I have my phone and tablet fully charged and loaded with movies to watch in case this storm really messes shit up. It's gonna be an interesting two days off work thats for sure.

Yoo. Yoooooo.

I just found out something in my black history month research that blew my fucking mind. Fucking J. Edgar Hoover was black. Mixed and passing, but black. Own worst enemy indeed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-hoover-black/2011/11/20/gIQAZcu3kN_blog.html

I'm not sure if this is true, I saw it a while ago with some other stuff about people who were black and found evidence that one of the other stories was false, but if this is true, then we need to stop establishing the one drop rule for anyone who has a bit of black in them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAMTSPGZRiI&t=1m0s

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Vince for showing the Royal Rumble on free TV... man I wish I didn't drop 10 bucks on that shit.

WWE Network has content spanning 50 years of pro wrestling - money well spent!

Really though that Championship match is worth $10 alone.

Malyse

I'm not sure if this is true, I saw it a while ago with some other stuff about people who were black and found evidence that one of the other stories was false, but if this is true, then we need to stop establishing the one drop rule for anyone who has a bit of black in them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAMTSPGZRiI&t=1m0s

Disagree. I think the self hatred needs to be known as well. My issue is if I want to broach it for my BHM content on my site. Even if I don't, I do still have two more shocker blacks. The real struggle is what I'm going to write the last two articles on.
If this is true...IF...

It might explain why the FBI never went hard with the story about MLK's affairs.
Disagree as well. I think if they had anything of real substance they would have used it. Hoover had no love for blacks. None.

And I remembered the MLK lawsuit. Just one more article.

Shy

hi BCT, how's everyone doing this evening. ?

Good morning, BCT. Last week of January. Prepare yourselves..for the fuckery..
yay, my first load of fuckery, since joining gaf. :p

Why the fuck isn't uk GAF making BHM threads in October?
i honestly don't know. sorry DD.

i don't even remember learning anything when i went to school in the early 90s. although i have a really terrible memory.

did any of the uk fam that are in their 30s learn BH in school. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom