• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That cop harassing the 70 year old black dude brought a tear to my eye. That shit fucked me up. It's one thing when you are harassing young niggas who are strong enough to deal with the abuse, but an old man? That bitch got me amped. I work for the state and if I piss hot during one of these random drug tests my career is over, 7 years down the drain. That mother fucker is not even trying to hide her prejudice and she gets counseling from her fucking boss. Shit ain't fair.

shits fucked up

cop pulled a south park with the "niggas coming straight for me" and knew shit was gravy like saying it out loud gave her fukkery immunity

Imm0rt4l

That cop harassing the 70 year old black dude brought a tear to my eye. That shit fucked me up. It's one thing when you are harassing young niggas who are strong enough to deal with the abuse, but an old man? That bitch got me amped. I work for the state and if I piss hot during one of these random drug tests my career is over, 7 years down the drain. That mother fucker is not even trying to hide her prejudice and she gets counseling from her fucking boss. Shit ain't fair.

That shit was grimey as fuck. And then someone posted her thoughts on Ferguson. The police profession attracts some of the most racist scum.

Good morning, BCT.

How come people will eat booty but wont eat the brown part of a banana

This gets even weirder when you consider that both actually taste better with peanut butter on them.

leSv7XK.jpg
Good grief, BCT..

---

royalan, I ain't said shit to you, but I'm sorry, and hope you'll forgive me for whatever I may have done!

I just wanna say..I was a HUGE fan of Jimmy, way before that was even cool. I hate this colour swapping of all of my all-time favorite characters. Why not change his name to Jericho, or Elam? They're ruining everything..

cry-baby-cute-baby-about-to-start-bawling.gif

Seriously, I haven't posted in this thread all damn day. My first post in here today was about liking a show, and I didn't even say "YAAAAASSSS" in it.

Plus I get blamed for a gay meme that I didn't even start in here...

crazy how some peeps will point the finger at a brotha for giving knowledge to their homies to use, but some peeps won't give knowledge to their homies or let a brotha use them to point the finger

How come people will eat booty but wont eat the brown part of a banana

how come people will eat the brown part of a person but wont eat the brown part of a banana, more like

I knew I had to share, I don't even know why it exists. BUT...there is a Halo version too. Also lil homies acting it out IRL.

To be fair, there's a Halo machinima version of just about everything on the planet.

Wasn't it Sub-Zero?

Yeah, but I based it on the "slurp they homie smh" black twitter thing.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro

These cops don't give a fuck at all.

royalan

I don't know how I feel about this article.

The writer goes to great lengths to defend Beyoncétan and Nicki Minaj, but in the process I think she ends up framing Black Feminism as being wholly represented by them, which I think would actually offend a lot of people. Beyflopce and Nicki Minaj can do whatever they want, but there are plenty of black female scholars, artists, politicians, and even entertainers out there that are hailed as strong feminist role models and don't receive the same criticisms that Beyawnce and Nicki do. To hold these two up and say "THIS is Black Feminism and when you attack these two you're attacking Black Feminism!" is pretty narrow.

Then again, I also don't see this as a racial argument in the same way the writer does. I don't feel it's as much of a race issue as it is an issue with how we as a society criticize any woman that flaunts her sexuality and has a large platform. The same criticisms that Nicki Minaj And Bey-Can't-Get-A-Hit-cé face are also they same exact criticisms that Madonna got. That Christina Aguilera got when she went Dirrty. That Lady Gaga got. Hell, that Miley Cyrus got. The fact of the matter is, whenever we as a society sees any strong, powerful, beautiful woman flaunting their sexuality, we question their agency and motives in a way that most men (who are actually doing the same thing) never have to worry about, and there are no racial lines there.

Basically, the writer's just a stan.

Infinite

The writer goes to great lengths to defend Beyoncétan and Nicki Minaj, but in the process I think she ends up framing Black Feminism as being wholly represented by them, which I think would actually offend a lot of people. Beyflopce and Nicki Minaj can do whatever they want, but there are plenty of black female scholars, artists, politicians, and even entertainers out there that are hailed as strong feminist role models and don't receive the same criticisms that Beyawnce and Nicki do. To hold these two up and say "THIS is Black Feminism and when you attack these two you're attacking Black Feminism!" is pretty narrow.

Then again, I also don't see this as a racial argument in the same way the writer does. I don't feel it's as much of a race issue as it is an issue with how we as a society criticize any woman that flaunts her sexuality and has a large platform. The same criticisms that Nicki Minaj And Bey-Can't-Get-A-Hit-cé face are also they same exact criticisms that Madonna got. That Christina Aguilera got when she went Dirrty. That Lady Gaga got. Hell, that Miley Cyrus got. The fact of the matter is, whenever we as a society sees any strong, powerful, beautiful woman flaunting their sexuality, we question their agency and motives in a way that most men (who are actually doing the same thing) never have to worry about, and there are no racial lines there.

And you're an anti-Stan lol

FyreWulff

what happened?

Basically, there's a forest in the middle of one of the poorest areas of the city. It used to be an actual park with a baseball field at one point in the middle of the forest. It was wall to wall trees, very dense.

At some point it was basically left to rot, nobody wanted to go inside of it because nobody could see you from the road, etc. We used to run around inside of it as kids (against our better judgement). Our mom ran around in there as a kid too. It was almost like having a forest to yourself, because there was rarely anyone in there.

They're apparently trying something new where they're clearcutting a significant part of this forest, and are going to install a fishing lagoon and storm retention ponds. It may turn the area around. Don't know right now.

Also, it's called Spring Lake but the lake that was there was drained eons ago, but the name stuck. So they're technically putting the lake back in that it had at one point.

Still so fucking jarring to see that, though. And a lot of the abandoned houses are still occupied if you go back in time on Google Maps to only 3 years ago. It's like you just need a couple of houses to become abandoned in a neighborhood and it spreads like a disease through it

Why you hatin on Beyoncé ?

*cranks up 7/11*

Kreed

And you're an anti-Stan lol

Yeah royalan, you made some good points on women sexuality in general, but there was nothing wrong with what the author of the article was pointing out outside of you not liking Beyonce. It's the GAF-Hop equivalent of mentioning Childish Gambino or Drake positively in a sentence.

I'm here for 2 seconds. I've 5 hours of sleep in the last 72 hours.I'll cut right to the chase. I'm taking Snowflake to jail. Literally, about to drive to the county jail to bring her in. On the bright side, you can't get good stories from comedy.

Kreed

I'm here for 2 seconds. I've 5 hours of sleep in the last 72 hours.I'll cut right to the chase. I'm taking Snowflake to jail. Literally, about to drive to the county jail to bring her in. On the bright side, you can't get good stories from comedy.

Rev dropping edge of your seat cliffhangers with no beginnings or middles.

And the saga continues

That principal is great. I think it's ironic they chose to send the kids to Harvard though

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

jmood88

I might write a book on the origin of that stupid-ass "one of my friends is a teacher and she had a kid named La-a, pronounced La-dash-a" story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom