• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any instances of seeing BP's fighting style in motion yet? Like, animated serieses or anything? With Catwoman and friends covering the "fight like a housecat" / cat burglar angle, it'd be awesome if they had live-action BP fight like a big cat. Just a straight-up monster tailing his prey and knocking out people / eviscerating robots or aliens or whatever in single blows compared to the rest of the cast.

yoooooooo how they gon do my nigga's lips like that in the last panel breh

coming from the dude that reps himself with a gorilla avatar on xbl

Slayven

next week's punisher
Damn

Are there any instances of seeing BP's fighting style in motion yet? Like, animated serieses or anything? With Catwoman and friends covering the "fight like a housecat" / cat burgler angle, it'd be awesome if they had live-action BP fight like a big cat. Just a straight-up monster tailing his prey and knocking out people / eviscerating robots or aliens or whatever in single blows compared to the rest of the cast.

coming from the dude that reps himself with a gorilla avatar on xbl

In Cartoon they have him flipping and throwing darts and shit. In comics he is more like Captain America but more ruthless, he gets up in grills and fucks them up.

J10

Banned
Are there any instances of seeing BP's fighting style in motion yet? Like, animated serieses or anything? With Catwoman and friends covering the "fight like a housecat" / cat burgler angle, it'd be awesome if they had live-action BP fight like a big cat. Just a straight-up monster tailing his prey and knocking out people / eviscerating robots or aliens or whatever in single blows compared to the rest of the cast.

There's a Black Panther animated miniseries on Netflix that originally aired on BET. He's also appeared in various Marvel animated TV shows.

Here he is making a fool out of the entire Avengers lineup in EMH. I need this scene in live action somehow.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I was just about to post this. Hope they do something this cool for the movie.

They could pull a reverse Avengers and have the entire lineup surrounding BP as the camera pans, and then have him bring down the entire ensemble. Reasoning could be as simple as a Thor "just a man in a suit" quip which gets T'Challa to threaten Cap or Iron Man, and then sets up the mini-fight. Everyone gets their ass beat in personal-pan fashions catered to each Avenger, e.g. he pressure-points Thor and then armbars him with some throwaway line like "You were born to a nation of gods, of giants... I lead one," before tossing him aside.

Him neutralizing Hulk by un-angering him or something would be leagues above the "armbarred Silver Surfer" thing in terms of salt.

Malyse

They could pull a reverse Avengers and have the entire lineup surrounding BP as the camera pans, and then have him bring down the entire ensemble.

Him neutralizing Hulk by un-angering him or something would be leagues above the "armbarred Silver Surfer" thing in terms of salt.
I should feel bad about wanting BP to just kick the shit out of the MCU lineup, but I dont.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
My favorite thing about the silver surfer armbar thing is that most people don't even know he was letting BP hold him back. He literally explains this on the very next page, but most people just see that clip online and then foam at the mouth. It makes me happy.

Black Panther tanking a repulsor blast from Iron Man thanks to vibranium and then elbowing him in the suit so hard it leaves some hugeass dent would be amazing. I love that he actually has the potential to be this hilariously OP Mary Sue character, but only when the good guys try and fuck with him.

Do Cap and BP have any bad blood?

Infinite

Thought I was the only one.

tumblr_nird0cf8Ok1tguoxuo1_540.jpg

thirst levels rising

Infinite

Empire is pretty entertaining for a prime time soap opera. I gotta say. Thought I wouldn't have liked it since I am burned out on Shonda Rhimes shows.

AoS and the Shonda Thursday have been gone for ages.

AoS structured it's break better though in that the slot was taken over by Agent Carter as a Mini-Series. So there's been something in the Marvel Universe in that slot with exception to the normal Mid Season 2 weeks off and the PSotU which pre-empts everything in that slot.

So if you don't really watch too many shows or if the shows you watch come back earlier but sprinkle in 1 week off here and there going forward.. then it's doesn't seem like that big of a gap.

Gorillaz

Watched a few of Shonda's stuff too and that shit tired me out as well. Quick cuts, fast speaking delivery lines and the same lingering face everybody makes before commercial

I am currently living the struggle , smh. I need to convince a high baller to order me a pizza , I'm about to pass out from hunger and I don't get paid until tomorrow, smh

Shy

evening BCT. hope everyone is doing well.

So the first trailer for Dragons Dogma Online is up. Looks sick but I'm still not keen on the whole "Online" part.
even though i haven't played dragon's dogma, it does look quite good. i hope it comes out in the west
she is one of those rare once in a lifetime teachers. i hope everyone know about her.
a truly amazing woman.
what's up recently with motherfuckers bringing up 300. ?
There's a Black Panther animated miniseries on Netflix that originally aired on BET.
it's not on uk netflix. :(

The USPS Careers website has been fucking with me for the past 3 days. I just want to apply for one of those $20 per hour paying jobs, so I can get the fuck out of this house.

royalan

Yeah royalan, you made some good points on women sexuality in general, but there was nothing wrong with what the author of the article was pointing out outside of you not liking Beyonce. It's the GAF-Hop equivalent of mentioning Childish Gambino or Drake positively in a sentence.

But I didn't criticize Beyonce (or Nicki). I threw unrelated shade at her, but that was outside of my point. Black Feminism is bigger and more diverse than the two of them, and I don't think the writer gives Black Feminism that credit. My personal feelings on Beyond don't matter to that point.

andthebeatgoeson

ys7nqjtkrccpslgfevxw.png

That's when you know your complain game is on point. How do I level my game up?

I heard he got a couple of years of service for free.

Fake edit: 4 years of service to call him an ass hole?

Kreed

But I didn't criticize Beyonce (or Nicki). I threw unrelated shade at her, but that was outside of my point. Black Feminism is bigger and more diverse than the two of them, and I don't think the writer gives Black Feminism that credit. My personal feelings on Beyond don't matter to that point.

The author of the article singles the two of them out because of the criticism being thrown their way for being sexy/showing skin despite being feminists. Otherwise, there's no language in the article that should have gotten you to that conclusion outside of not name dropping more black females who show off their bodies but push for female empowerment.

royalan

The author of the article singles the two of them out because of the criticism being thrown their way for being sexy/showing skin despite being feminists. Otherwise, there's no language in the article that should have gotten you to that conclusion outside of not name dropping more black females who show off their bodies but push for female empowerment.

The language is all over that article. Her entire premise is that if you criticize Beyonce and Nicki Minaj, then you're criticizing (or just not understanding) Black Feminism. This is problematic to me because their feminism doesn't encapsulate the entire Black Feminist movement. It also ignores that a lot of criticisms aimed at them by white feminists are also echoed by some Black Feminists.

And while I agree that there is a legit reason for "Black Feminism" to exist as an almost separate entity (there are plenty of areas where traditional feminism has failed to consider the perspectives of women of color), I just don't think this particular argument is where you can draw that line.

I mean, my challenge to you: name one non-black, highly sexual female entertainer who hasn't at some point received the exact same criticisms Beyonce and Nicki get. Criticisms that this writer is trying to attribute specifically to their blackness.

Kreed

The language is all over that article. Her entire premise is that if you criticize Beyonce and Nicki Minaj, then your criticizing (or just not understanding) Black Feminism.

This is problematic to me because their feminism doesn't encapsulate the entire Black Feminist movement. It also ignores that a lot of criticisms aimed at them by white feminists are also echoed by some Black Feminists.

And while I agree that there is a legit reason for "Black Feminism" to exist as an almost separate entity (there are plenty of areas where traditional feminism has failed to consider the perspectives of women of color), I just don't think this particular argument is where you can draw that line.

The article is talking about criticism towards Beyonce and Nicki Minaj for showing skin/making music and songs about sexuality despite being feminists, as reasons why they shouldn't be considered feminists. Not random Beyonce shade (ex: Kelly Rowland being the more talented member of Destiny's Child). IMO (and you're kind of saying the same thing later in your post) that type of criticism towards them is a bigger issue for feminism as a whole, which is what the article is trying to address.

I mean, my challenge to you: name one non-black, highly sexual female entertainer who hasn't at some point received the exact same criticisms Beyonce and Nicki get. Criticisms that this writer is trying to attribute specifically to their blackness.

I do agree with you that this isn't a black issue as you're right, there's plenty of white female performers who went from "wholesome" to "sexy" and got dropped by feminist with the quickness. The argument I've heard from women who were disappointed Beyonce made songs like "Drunk in Love" were the same arguments I heard from Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, etc... But it is a "can feminist show skin and still be feminists" issue, and the US's issues with sex in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom