• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
With how Shonda pulls nonsensical shit out of her ass for the shock factor at the expense of what little story her shows have.

How many more seasons until it's revealed that Olivia slept with her dad willingly as an adult?

How many more seasons of HTGAWM before we learn that the black kid is actually the black chick's sister and Viola is their mom?

How many more seasons before people realize how fucking dumb Shonda's shows are?

this is that moment where it becomes Super Spades Bros. and your uncle pulls a knife on you for pulling that shit on him in his own home

WfpFYGF.gif

Malyse

With how Shonda pulls nonsensical shit out of her ass for the shock factor at the expense of what little story her shows have.

How many more seasons until it's revealed that Olivia slept with her dad willingly as an adult?

How many more seasons of HTGAWM before we learn that the black kid is actually the black chick's sister and Viola is their mom?

How many more seasons before people realize how fucking dumb Shonda's shows are?

Television doesn't actually need to be good. It just needs to be compellingly watchable. Much like games don't need a good story, just enough to motivate you to continue playing.

Television doesn't actually need to be good. It just needs to be compellingly watchable. Much like games don't need a good story, just enough to motivate you to continue playing.

Which is why I don't watch TV*. If I wanted a bunch of nonsensical fuckery I'd just go to Fox News. It's about the same.

*As in I don't have cable.

DominoKid

you worried bout the wrong thangs.

ReiGun

this is that moment where it becomes Super Spades Bros. and your uncle pulls a knife on you for pulling that shit on him in his own home

WfpFYGF.gif
I'm conflicted cause that was sick, but fuck Villager. But then, fuck Pikachu.

I want Shonda to do a scifi show.

On the one hand, it might be the only want to get a big budget scifi show starring a black woman.

On the other hand, is the world ready for fuckery in space?

royalan

You didn't lie.

CbdRLGA.gif

Gorillaz

I wouldn't be surprised if ABC is actually thinking about letting shonda touch one of the Marvel properties. Now that shit should be what scares you the most

Trey

Actually the music mellows out after episode 2.

This last episode the music was almost nonexistent outside of the performances.

There's some goofy song in every episode, sometimes two. They're so generic sounding, which I suppose is the point, but they're annoying.

royalan

Missy Elliot is performing at the SuperBowl y'all.

I'm legit emotional right now.

Getting back out there and getting her shine after battling Graves Disease.

Just a phenomenally creative talent. Will always be one of my favorite musicians and entertainers.

Y'all better get your life when she hits that stage.

Just a phenomenally creative talent. Will always be one of my favorite musicians and entertainers.

huh? who are the performers this year?

YOOOOOOOOOO IS SHE REALLY BEATING THIS GROWN MAN WITH A BROOM?!

LMAOOOOOPGHOIUVGYUCDFTUCVIHBIH

don't call your mom a bitch when she just got out of jail.

congratulations on starting the most fuckery-fueled piece of entertainment of the year. enjoy brah.

edit: katy perry?! yo god damn i swear halftime shows have been shit like 90% of the time at this point. will keep the channel on for missy elliot appearance though.

Trey

Olivia should've just kept trying to escape. Already killed a dude. Your spirit gets broken by a heel turn foreseeable from miles away?

Furyous

Well, Katy Perry is the headlining act this year, but Missy will be there as a guest performer.

Katy Perry is performing after boobgate? NFL is slipping and needs to go back to the Rolling Stones. Motley Crue is up there now so find them and let them perform. If Katy Perry can perform then so can Nicki. Give T-Pain the Bruno Mars slot.

I haven't had cable since 2004, what am I missing besides Scandal?

royalan

Rolling Stones, U2, Prince, Janet Jackson's boob.

that's all.

Just be glad you missed the year The Black Eyed Peas did it. Whew Lord...probably the worst Half Time performance of all time.

And shit, I'll pay it to her: If you're ever liked a Madonna song her Half Time was actually pretty good. The Queen worked.

Beyonce...well...booo.

Yes.

As much as I love her albums, I think my favorite Missy Elliott anything went into the work she did on Aaliyah's "One in a Million" . Missy's writing combined with Timbaland's production with Aaliyah lacing the tracks... combination made in heaven.

Plus, she was the chief architect behind "All About the Benjamins" and saved us from a wack "Locked Up" like Styles P verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom