• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
c5ayax1vmkw1jgbcbdhw.jpg

lqtxo3x3bfgz5gksr8jn.jpg

SMH.

IF i was a rapper i would have sexy Asian guys in thongs on the cover of my album.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
roommate literally hasn't eaten all day because he's scared of me busting his ass in the living room on the way to the kitchen

bruh

edit: my new tag

iboXkcuaAX9qwp.gif

i made it brehs

Jacir

Hello BCT. Man, im 12 pages behind for this thread. Ill catch up in due time.

I have lately been getting urges to get introduceed to comics and its been this and the black panther thread that is encouraging me to try stuff out. I have dwelled a few times in some comics many years ago. But I dont even remember the latest comic I read, which was that batman or dark knight year one comic. I don't visit comic-gaf, but I think I would like a few recommendations. Nonetheless, most of my little comics knowledge comes from the movies.

-------

Anyways, this Kingsman movie looks like a fun watch.

DY_nasty

lol this dude sprinted to the kitchen just now omg
So...how much longer are you gonna put up with this dude's shit?

At this point, I'm not living with him, he's living with me. Best thing about this whole situation is that it let me know it was time to move away from the "I need a best friend/one person support structure" thing that I've been doing my whole life.
that tag is very believable.
just in time for BHM too

Slayven

I have lately been getting urges to get introduceed to comics and its been this and the black panther thread that is encouraging me to try stuff out. I have dwelled a few times in some comics many years ago. But I dont even remember the latest comic I read, which was that batman or dark knight year one comic. I don't visit comic-gaf, but I think I would like a few recommendations. Nonetheless, most of my little comics knowledge comes from the movies.

-------

What kind are you looking for?

Jacir

What kind are you looking for?

Well I gonna assume that my taste will be parallel to my film, tv, cartoons and anime preferences. So I guess I have to make a list for you to make recommendations because I'm not sure if it'll be short or long. Right now isn't the time for that. Maybe before i hit the bed or tomorrow.

OG Loc

Been meaning to start posting in here forever so here goes.

Where you're from - Norfolk, Virginia
Where you live - Norfolk, Virginia
What is your age? - 22
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Southern.
Do you know your roots - Eh.
Favorite musical genre - Trap, southern rap from the 90s
Your profession/major/career interest - Part-time engineering student.
Your religious affiliation - Agnostic I think
Hobbies - weed, video games, sneakers, art prints, reading, etc
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's. Bojangles has a fire breakfast menu though.

Shy

What is your age? - 22
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's. Bojangles has a fire breakfast menu though.
hello and welcome new fam.

Jacir

What is your age? - 22

Welcome to the party.

What is your age? - 22

Welcome, and prepare for an interesting month followed by hate by association

-------

If you're into superhero stuff, the first two volumes of The Ultimates are a good place to start. Like the more soap opera stuff? Ultimate Spider-Man has you covered. Perhaps you'd like something a bit more esoteric? Planetary by Warren Ellis may be of interest.

You should definitely read Sandman and All Star Superman though. Those are required reading.

What is your age? - 22

Welcome.

What is your age? - 22

this dude's already beating out some BCT veterans in blackpoints. KFC lovers are falling behind
eeT1Yt6.png

RedSwirl

tumblr_ni3bn0O2bT1tb2eg2o1_540.jpg

Jaden has no clue who he's talking about.

Now I'm just glad I got out of high school right before social networks became a thing. I feel like I'm on the borderline between pre and post-kids-doing-stupid-shit-where-the-entire-world-can-see. Not trying to make anybody feel old, but we had camera phones when I was in high school, but you couldn't immediately upload shit to the internet. Facebook showed up around the time I started college but the first iPhone came out a few months after I graduated. It's like, I'm young enough to be "in" on this stuff but not so young it's my entire life.

I feel like I came in at the sweet spot in regards to computers in general as well. I started using Windows at a young enough age to be intuitive with it, but I can still remember the world just before the internet and everything getting digitized, and I'm old enough to not do stupid shit with my computer.

DY_nasty

Any of you play FFIV? saw a video earlier today and looked like fun. Downloading the trial right now.
Its a good game. I could just never throw as much time into it because it came out at a time where a lot of games I wanted to play dropped. I can't say anything bad about it. Quality product top to bottom.

What's going on with your roommate? Wish I had a new tag

Long story short, I've known the guy for 4 years and he was probably the only person I could talk to about the uphill battle of rehab after this whole ordeal. Dude spent two years begging me to come out to Hawaii and I'm like... I got a ton of benefits and a decent job opportunity out there, may as well. Worst case scenario, I'm in Hawaii. Not bad right? I show up and dude is a complete wreck, manchild, punk, chump, dramatic, diva, etc - because he's so up his ass (beware compartmentalization, friends. if you know someone is doing it to you, then know that whatever you're dealing with them is only the tip of the iceberg). Got a place after two months of him not even looking himself and tons of drama. The 3rd roommate here is cool - but he never let me know that it was his ex girlfriend-like person until she canceled her lease (yes, if I hadn't busted ass and found a spot the girl would've been fucking homeless because of this dude lol). I could spend an hour breaking down all the ways he's dropped the ball, lied, or just been a dirtbag for no reason.

Three big things were screwing over good people, lying about PTSD and events in Afghanistan (told me he was acting crazy because a friend of his died during a rocket attack on bagram .... naw breh. horse. shit. you want to lie about stuff, pick something else), and hiding behind his mom. Like literally. His mom offered to co-sign on a damn nice place for us and he flipped the fuck out and ran into the garage. Me and the girl are just in shock because a grown man just imitated a 6 year old - only to watch his mom go into the garage and pull him together for a hour. Dude comes out like nothing happened, cooks a meal, and makes sure to avoid all eye contact by tapdancing behind his mother in the kitchen. This actually happened. Twice.

Anyways, he's the worst kind of person to have on your team. I went semi-crazy because being associated with him means that I was probably talking to myself for a good portion of those 3 years to cope with the daily stress of work in Texas and rehab. I finally gave up on him but ugh... I can't kick him out.

RBK

Banned
He can't be your boy if you're airing out y'all personal business like it's nothing. Not saying continue to coddle him, but it's really nothing we need to know.

Just my 2 cents.

DY_nasty

He can't be your boy if you're airing out y'all personal business like it's nothing. Not saying continue to coddle him, but it's really nothing we need to know.

Just my 2 cents.

He ain't my boy anymore. This shit started in September. And its not like I put this on facebook or anything... If I'm going to vent over something, it'll either be at a strip club or in the BCT

What is your age? - 22

More VA brethren, welcome!!

Slayven

What is your age? - 22
Welcome, who will champion KFC?

DY_nasty

Did the driver get charged DY?
Yeah, hefty fines and probation. Yes, she was white lol. The guy had it used against him in conjunction with other stuff which led to dishonorable discharge. He's Fucked for life.
damn dude thats really fucked up.Glad your okay now.
I'm still dealing with a lot of stuff - biggest hurdle for me was never actually accepting how badly injured I was. I was out flipping tires when doctors were telling me not to brush my hair with my left hand. Still further than most thought I'd ever be though. Had to switch my dominant eye to shoot righty too - that was a bitch.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Yeah, hefty fines and probation. Yes, she was white lol. The guy had it used against him in conjunction with other stuff which led to dishonorable discharge. He's Fucked for life.

I'm still dealing with a lot of stuff - biggest hurdle for me was never actually accepting how badly injured I was. I was out flipping tires when doctors were telling me not to brush my hair with my left hand. Still further than most thought I'd ever be though. Had to switch my dominant eye to shoot righty too - that was a bitch.

Looking back do you think it was worth it to stay in the military and not leave with the benefits and stuff ?

RedSwirl

What is your age? - 22

I thought I already posted my info on BCT...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Just my 2 cents.
lol

What do you really think though?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Its a good game. I could just never throw as much time into it because it came out at a time where a lot of games I wanted to play dropped. I can't say anything bad about it. Quality product top to bottom.

Long story short, I've known the guy for 4 years and he was probably the only person I could talk to about the uphill battle of rehab after this whole ordeal. Dude spent two years begging me to come out to Hawaii and I'm like... I got a ton of benefits and a decent job opportunity out there, may as well. Worst case scenario, I'm in Hawaii. Not bad right? I show up and dude is a complete wreck, manchild, punk, chump, dramatic, diva, etc - because he's so up his ass (beware compartmentalization, friends. if you know someone is doing it to you, then know that whatever you're dealing with them is only the tip of the iceberg). Got a place after two months of him not even looking himself and tons of drama. The 3rd roommate here is cool - but he never let me know that it was his ex girlfriend-like person until she canceled her lease (yes, if I hadn't busted ass and found a spot the girl would've been fucking homeless because of this dude lol). I could spend an hour breaking down all the ways he's dropped the ball, lied, or just been a dirtbag for no reason.

Three big things were screwing over good people, lying about PTSD and events in Afghanistan (told me he was acting crazy because a friend of his died during a rocket attack on bagram .... naw breh. horse. shit. you want to lie about stuff, pick something else), and hiding behind his mom. Like literally. His mom offered to co-sign on a damn nice place for us and he flipped the fuck out and ran into the garage. Me and the girl are just in shock because a grown man just imitated a 6 year old - only to watch his mom go into the garage and pull him together for a hour. Dude comes out like nothing happened, cooks a meal, and makes sure to avoid all eye contact by tapdancing behind his mother in the kitchen. This actually happened. Twice.

Anyways, he's the worst kind of person to have on your team. I went semi-crazy because being associated with him means that I was probably talking to myself for a good portion of those 3 years to cope with the daily stress of work in Texas and rehab. I finally gave up on him but ugh... I can't kick him out.

jesus, maybe it might be best for you and the 3rd roommate to find a place of your own. Other than the drama how is life in Hawaii? I always wanted to visit.

never did one of these.

Where you're from - South Carolina
Where you live - Boston, MA
What is your age? - something something
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Barbados?.
Favorite musical genre - depends on mood
Your profession/major/career interest - soul sucking job.
Your religious affiliation - nothing really
Hobbies - gaming i suppose
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - none of them.

DY_nasty

Looking back do you think it was worth it to stay in the military and not leave with the benefits and stuff ?
Absolutely. I grew up more in those extra 2 years than I did in the previous 20. And I still have my disability stuff, GI Bill, and dope resume/recommendations. One thing that I never really put out was how bad my unit and post was - I saw way too much fucked up shit in Texas. Saw lives get ruined over petty shit, people die, learned what it meant to understand that you need the best and worst people in the world working together to get certain shit done.

I don't regret it. If I was at a different unit and there wasn't a massive drawdown, I'd still be in. Hell, I was hyped at the thought of going to Korea or Mali. Never happened and wasn't going to. Kinda proud of myself actually considering how I'd been going through life before.

Africanus

jesus, maybe it might be best for you and the 3rd roommate to find a place of your own. Other than the drama how is life in Hawaii? I always wanted to visit.

never did one of these.

Where you're from - South Carolina
Where you live - Boston, MA
What is your age? - something something
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Barbados?.
Favorite musical genre - depends on mood
Your profession/major/career interest - soul sucking job.
Your religious affiliation - nothing really
Hobbies - gaming i suppose
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - none of them.

So a local shop huh?

I didn't want to bring it up in the actual thread because I'm sure it would cause a derail, but I've never been a huge fan of Monty's work. I mean, I don't have anything against him as a person and hope he pulls through - the general "a home is a place where people love you" mentality that Rooster Teeth has is amazing, and I'm glad they've banded together to help with this. I don't harbor any ill will with him. It's just the actual animation that's never clicked with me. Everything feels really... disembodied, I guess? Like there's not a whole lot of weight to it. My only substantial experience with his work is Haloid and the CG in RvB, but based on what I've seen of RWBY it doesn't look very different there either. It's cool that he goes out of his way to consider the fans, like deliberately adding pockets to character designs so cosplayers will have places to put their stuff when they're in costume and all that. It's just the actual subject material / keyframing that's never really been my thing.

Malyse

I didn't want to bring it up in the actual thread because I'm sure it would cause a derail, but I've never been a huge fan of Monty's work. I mean, I don't have anything against him as a person and hope he pulls through - the general "a home is a place where people love you" mentality that Rooster Teeth has is amazing, and I'm glad they've banded together to help with this. I don't harbor any ill will with him. It's just the actual animation that's never clicked with me. Everything feels really... disembodied, I guess? Like there's not a whole lot of weight to it. My only substantial experience with his work is Haloid and the CG in RvB, but based on what I've seen of RWBY it doesn't look very different there either. It's cool that he goes out of his way to consider the fans, like deliberately adding pockets to character designs so cosplayers will have places to put their stuff when they're in costume and all that. It's just the actual subject material / keyframing that's never really been my thing.

I have no love for RvB or RWBY, but Haloid is solid and Dead Fantasy is legit. It's popcorn, but it's delicious popcorn. I'm a little salty that he had TWO contests and did nothing with them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom