• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm torturing myself by watching JP3 trying to compare whether the Jurassic world trailer is worse than this movie. JW is winning so far.

this bright enough for you?

http://i.imgur.com/ic1WVk3.jpg

iIC87.png
Shopped but I dont curr

Shy

well i just a made a post in that thread. hopefully i won't get banned.

but if i do. all of you have been really nice people to hang with. ( even if 90% of you have me on their ignore list for being a dumbass. lol )

Malyse

It's crazy how Jim Sterling has become his own brand. I mean, this dude has his own independent site where he reviews games that publishers send him. That's pretty crazy.

D i Z

It's crazy how Jim Sterling has become his own brand. I mean, this dude has his own independent site where he reviews games that publishers send him. That's pretty crazy.

A new day is dawning.

What was really the problem with that game. Was Uncharted 2 just so good that Uncharted 3 couldn't live up to the hype?

UC2 was the game that people on other systems were told that they absolutely couldn't ignore the series. So UC3 roles around and the moon was expected.

It only provided a comet, but whatevs. Great games aren't great enough these days.

Malyse

it is. lol
i really like him. i give a wee bit of money on patreon.

I don't. I tend to be annoyed by people (particularly reviews) who can't separate liking something from its quality and he clearly can't differentiate the two. Yes, reviews are subjective, but even within that you should be able to acknowledge baseline quality on an objective level. Another example of Pixar Effect.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Pixar effect. U3 is a solid game.

What was really the problem with that game. Was Uncharted 2 just so good that Uncharted 3 couldn't live up to the hype?

My only problem with Uncharted 3 was the lack of a boss at the end and the multiplayer wasn't as good. It's still a solid game and one I would be proud of making if I had helped make it.
I call it the dark knight effect. Solid is a disappointment coming off such a stellar prequel. Bad controls upon release, average level design and bad enemy encounters. Forgettable set pieces (sans the plane and boat). A bowlful of meh. It was closer to uncharted 1 than it was to 2. My opinion of naughty dog is divisive on this site though. I didn't exactly fall in love with them after what I thought were steps down in uncharted 3 and last of us

Malyse

I liked all of the Uncharted games. However, I never felt like playing them a second time. In future, I should probably rent Naughty Dog games.
Uncharted is a prime example of cinematic gaming as well as how unimportant story is in games. The former is shown by how incredibly watchable the cutscenes and the gameplay is to spectators: that "girlfriend watches me play" commercial was only barely hyperbole. The latter is the fact that the story in Uncharted is really nothing special. It's indiana jones remix edition. The characters are like able and compelling and the plot does do well in giving you impetus to progress constantly forward (almost too much. I've often come close to one sit-ing uncharted games), removed from the "for a video game" trappings, you are left with nothing special.

Jacir

So...I just watched Empire ep1 n saw 10min of the second episode. Im not sure what to say but uhhh...I like it. What you guys talked about, the fuckery, I enjoy slightly. I had a few laughs. I can't stand Howard. I'm rooting for Cookie to get what she wants. She did beat her son with a broom while pops really put his other son in the garbage can. I will finish this second episode later tonight.

Who thee fuck is this? I need to know for research project purposes of course. All I see is hope for future interracial relations.

Went to the gym today going HAM on the weights and caught a young lass creepin on me. However, I didn't want to look thirsty and go holla. On a scale of 1-Smang she was a solid 4. However, the cougar that works at the counter looked way better.

Tell me why old white men are the most flagrant man law violators? Dude's just going to casually stroll out the shower and head to towards the locker with no towel on. I had to instantly check IG for updates on yoga poses instead of looking at this dude. Hopefully it's not a man law felony to tell another dude you know good squat technique bro.

This is not a man law violation but it is something that younger men have problems with.

Older men in general are comfortanle with their bodies and or being around other men. This was nothing to him, especially in the gym locker room and should have been nothing to you.

Malyse

I call it the dark knight effect. Solid is a disappointment coming off such a stellar prequel. Bad controls upon release, average level design and bad enemy encounters. Forgettable set pieces (sans the plane and boat). A bowlful of meh. It was closer to uncharted 1 than it was to 2.
We're saying the same thing. I chose Pixar because it happened to them first (Cars) and more often (Cars, Cars 2, Brave, Monsters U). Cars and Brave aren't bad, almost at 80% in fact, but the fact that Pixar normally hits in the 96%+ range make them pale in comparison. It's gotten so bad that people are doubting The Good Dinosaur and Inside Out.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I know, I was agreeing. I just wanted to call it something else and poke fun at Gaf for almost collectively hating the dark knight rises.

Edit: y u steel wraptor egz billi?

Jacir

That girl the son was trying to holla at in episode 2 was pleasant to look at. Gorgeous.

Edit-maybe it was ep1. Whatever.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Once again....why do people hate Jak 2? Did the GTA aspects distract yall from the game that much? Still was a platformer at heart with basic gunplay.....it was hard as shit at times though.

the disappointment that it wasnt jak and daxter 2. the platforming elements being garbage compared to the prequel, and the ridiculous amounts of get from point a to point b missions.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Favorite ND game, try again.
Bless your heart.

Once again....why do people hate Jak 2? Did the GTA aspects distract yall from the game that much? Still was a platformer at heart with basic gunplay.....it was hard as shit at times though.
I don't hate Jak II, I just don't understand it. There's a lot of decisions in that game that made no sense at the time, and still don't make sense today.

- Barren open world with hardly anything to do in it.
- New Jak is a generic rage hero. (Which was frequent around that time.)
- Sloppy vehicle controls.
- Forgettable story
- Inconsistent difficulty.

These are just some of the reasons but they do add up to Jak II leaving a sour taste in my mouth. There are some good things about it though.

- Great animations.
- Hitting enemies is very satisfying. (Thnx to the physics they were using.)
- Funny dialogue at times.
- Jak himself still feels good to control.

andthebeatgoeson

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Speaking of Uncharted I just played the first 3 games and completely agree with what Dreamy said. I beat the first two in one sitting that is how compelling they were. The second is probably my favorite and also the only one I could see myself replaying. Very nice spectator games and Holy shit that train sequence in 2 is so awesome. The puzzles felt tacked on after 1 and I wish there were more compelling elements like exploration since the games seem ripe for that, but uncharted is good for what it is.
Damn Beyonce physics between her legs. Her hooch is orbiting that star in interstellar. Niggas sending me back messages, like, 'fuck it, eat her ass and her trap, you really won't believe what we eating in 2100.'
lmao pass me some of that good shit

What up BCT, been lurking for a while but figured I'd post in since good things happen here.

Dudes collecting people's real pics so pardon me for the vagueness on some answers. Not important enough for a file but who knows with the chicanery from a handful of posters...

Where you're from - Winnipeg, Canada
Where you live - Winnipeg, Canada
What is your age? - mid 20's
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - 1st gen Canadian, Naija background
Do you know your roots - not extensively
Favorite musical genre - hip hop and electropop.
Your profession/major/career interest - marketing communications/advertising/writing
Hobbies - fitness, screenwriting, playing piano at a 1st grader's level, movie-watching, and being a washed up moderate level Marvel3/MK8 player
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - I have one of these options in my city and it's the assiest of these. Will take Popeye's though.

I'm here for the coli smileys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom