• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

They got a guy in that thread really trying to convince people that they're not real fans for not wanting to pay for bad and broken products.

There are fanboys and there are whatever the fuck this guy is.
I just love the insane audacity of making a thread about how a game that you haven't played and isn't out has redeemed a company. What a fucking backfire
Hal Jordan is scum, they let his slide with fucking kids, they let him slide with killing everybody, then trying to kill the universe, etc.
I wish DC had the balls to made a GL movie with him being completely awful.

harSon

Banned
Getting laid off at work.

2nd day into Black history month brehs

what will tomorrow bring me
tocry.png

Think I'm about to join you bruh.

Got a meeting invitation for tomorrow titled "Duty Re-Alignment" which consists of me and my superiors.

harSon

Banned
If they were giving you the boot, that meeting would be for today.

I found out what it is to an extent.

I work for a Non-Profit who is partially federally funded. We received our budget for the year, and I guess my department has been overspending, so they're looking to re-align duties to spread some of the spending elsewhere... which can potentially suck.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Coffee breh. Nectar of the gods.

this

i never thought shit of coffee til i started working 20 hour shifts at a desk. shit powers your soul like no energy drink can

i'm still partial to NOS or those white Monsters (zero carb ones I think) and the yellow rockstars are pretty legit too - but those kinda get you amped to do shit. if you want to do shit and/or survive, coffee is the key

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
this

i never thought shit of coffee til i started working 20 hour shifts at a desk. shit powers your soul like no energy drink can

i'm still partial to NOS or those white Monsters (zero carb ones I think) and the yellow rockstars are pretty legit too - but those kinda get you amped to do shit. if you want to do shit and/or survive, coffee is the key

White and baby blue monsters are my favorite. 0 cal, no fuckin' sugars. The blue tastes like cotton candy. The white, like my ancestors. It's delish.

this

I've been living on coffee and java monsters for a good 3 or 4 years now. Never looked back. On an unrelated note, I'm also addicted to caffeine.

Concerta is pretty amazing too, if you can get your hands on it.

Trey

Would probably change my life far before ever requiring coffee to function. It would have to be one hell of a commitment in order for me to make that sacrifice.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
the most fuckass shit i've ever seen though was my old boss in the field

we found out we were supposed to 'support' 'training' of 'adjacent units' (guard bullshit from nothing) 12 hours prior, so this dude decides that he's going to run to the store and buy 100 5 hour energy shots

comes back, pours them all in a gallon sized container and tells us that no one is ever going to be more ready to defend freedom than he is

we found out we were supposed to 'support' 'training' of 'adjacent units' (guard bullshit from nothing) 12 hours prior, so this dude decides that he's going to run to the store and buy 100 5 hour energy shots

comes back, pours them all in a gallon sized container and tells us that no one is ever going to be more ready to defend freedom than he is

He trying to die

FyreWulff

At what point did he hit hyperspeed?

didn't even need evac, he just ran across the fucking water back home

That's 500 hours of energy!

J10

Banned

LOL This is hilarious. Who is this stupid?

Slayven

I love when j10 posts in a thread. He always drops knowledge and the realness.

He is like a passive aggressive uncle remus.

Someone should pull a Nightmare On Elm Street reboot and see how long you can go without sleep using energy drinks at recommended intervals (5-hour energy = 5 hours, etc) before micronaps and general insanity kick in.

J10's like that dude in Aesop's Fables that comes out to anecdotally explain the lesson and close out the happy ending, only he slaps you in the face and tells you to get your shit together

J10

Banned
But it be so real, like what you said in the SHield thread today.

People asking simple shit they can answer for themselves really quickly annoys me.

You know those threads where somebody be like "Should I try 5 Guys Burgers and Fries?" I wanna grab niggas by throat and be like why are you crowd-sourcing opinions on hamburgers, just fucking eat one and if it isn't good at least you fucking fed yourself.

And then somebody in the Captain America thread was asking for somebody to link comparisons shots of his costumes across the movies. I felt like just linking to a Google image search result but I went and made a sandwich and forgot about it.

Slayven

j10 is that dude that points out your girl is 6 months pregnant event though you only known her for 5

People asking simple shit they can answer for themselves really quickly annoys me.

You know those threads where somebody be like "Should I try 5 Guys Burgers and Fries?" I wanna grab niggas by throat and by like why are you crowd-sourcing opinions on hamburgers, just fucking eat one and if it isn't good at least you fucking fed yourself.

And then somebody in the Captain America thread was asking for somebody to link comparisons shots of his costumes across the movies. I felt like just linking to a Google image search result but I went and made a sandwich and forgot about it.

People are scared to try things out unless they already know it's 10/10. That is why I writeoff anyone's who's first suggestion for something to watch is The Wire or Breaking Bad. And if they suggest Arrow, they no longer exist to me

I did something similar when I (foolishly) gave up drinking for a while. Was at a party and decided to see what would happen if I mixed 6 different energy drinks together.

Turns out not sleeping for three days is what happens. Worst part is, it's not like I wasn't tired, I just could not sleep.

Never touched energy drinks again.

D i Z

Someone should pull a Nightmare On Elm Street reboot and see how long you can go without sleep using energy drinks at recommended intervals (5-hour energy = 5 hours, etc) before micronaps and general insanity kick in.

Wait. Didn't they do that with the actual reboot already? Is my jokes meter broken with this Flu?

D i Z

I'm saying in real life, lol. Just with the threat of Freddy getting you replaced by five-hour energy as the motivation to stay awake.

My heart couldn't take all of those stims. I'd rather have the movie life and challenge Freddy to a dance off. I'd die of exertion before he even had a chance to touch me. But i'd go out like this:

In other news. Dorritos are crazy good at letting you taste something while your entire body is aching with snot.

Slayven

Let's be honest, Kyle is the only choice for well-adjusted Green Lantern. Man rolled with getting his girlfriend stuff in a fridge.

The whole GL corp is fucked from jump. Kyle is really the only choice. Notice shit was a lot quieter when he was the only one.

akira28

Let's be honest, Kyle is the only choice for well-adjusted Green Lantern. Man rolled with getting his girlfriend stuff in a fridge.

John's girl got a candygram decapitation and somehow doesn't hate Hal for having a Star Sapphire girlfriend, and has managed to keep it together.

The fuck...?

Katma Tui. And then John getting blamed for what happens when a Guardian goes crazy and starts stealing cities from across the universe. John did the impossible, and actually made the shit work, but when everything goes up in green flames thanks to reasons *cough* Hal*cough*, John's rep takes the hit, plus he blames himself.

So far the only thing that lasts is John's rep looking like shit, he doesn't do the self-pity Peter Parker bit that often post-52. Doesn't see to be phased by basically making it through the 90s, probably because all the shit didn't happen to him.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

we wouldn't let him down it all at once lol

dude was still chugging every once in a while. he was still outside in the rain shadowboxing raindrops before the end of the day tho
lmao
You know those threads where somebody be like "Should I try 5 Guys Burgers and Fries?" I wanna grab niggas by throat and be like why are you crowd-sourcing opinions on hamburgers, just fucking eat one and if it isn't good at least you fucking fed yourself.

J10 is a national treasure.

Slayven

I will take Storm's hate for Spiderman as some weird sexual tension.

Hahaha X-men were talking all that mad trash and Spidey shut them down with one line. Thats my boy.

Mickey Guyton, black female country singer. I don't mess with country so I haven't heard any of her music.

Someone let me know what she sounds like.

The only other black female country singer I know is Rissi Palmer...haven't heard her music either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom