• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
My memory is too short and I don't put enough effort into this site to the point that I need to ignore people. A lot of them eventually end up banned anyway.

Nah i rarely post in threads so don't really know much gaffers. i usually lurk in destiny threads and college football.

Well, we have some good
or perhaps bad
news for you.

You_are_not_alone_gif.gif

You should probably fill out the "about you" thing from the OP though, it's a pretty good introduction tool.

Where you're from - Nigeria originally, but not for long.

Where you live - Copland, NY. (Staten Island)

What is your age? - 25

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Southwestern Nigerian (Anioma)

Do you know your roots - Right down to the guy who's first name was my last name.

Favorite musical genre - Chillwave/Synthpop and Hip Hop

Your profession/major/career interest - Writer and Programmer

Your religious affiliation - Formerly Catholic, now Agnostic

Hobbies - Basketball, reading, going to live concerts, writing.

KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Yep, can't talk about spanking with people that are still children and have never even tried to raise a child. Can't talk about gun control with people that are scared of their own shadows. Can't talk about race with people that live in a box and have no empathy, etc... etc...

That is the problem with starting a thread about a real issue or something you are thinking about. The first couple of pages are usually civil and thought out, but then it becomes a shitshow.

In this thread there is a really good spectrum of ages and experiences. Also, if someone has a difference of opinion we don't go Suge on each other.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Holy shit someone actually said that? Lol

*goes to read thread*

like... even if that shit does work with your kid, you, someone you know, that just implies that you have no fucking idea why it works

i wish someone would've tried that shit with me in middle school. would've laughed in their face, took their cell phone, and came back in the morning smelling like primal kush

Welp, time to add another tally mark to the "we is our own worst enemy" quota. My boss is awesome and found me some extra hours at a location about 20 mins west of my usual one, so I just drove down there to work a 3-10 shift. Turns out I'm off today and that's for *next* Friday. I wrote down my schedule on a Sunday and they hadn't switched the charts yet, so I have everything down a week ahead. Went all the way out there for nothing. RIP

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
like... even if that shit does work with your kid, you, someone you know, that just implies that you have no fucking idea why it works

i wish someone would've tried that shit with me in middle school. would've laughed in their face, took their cell phone, and came back in the morning smelling like primal kush

I'm all for trying different methods to punish you're kids, cause what worked for you as a kid may not work for your own. But chores...can't cosign that.

KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's
Good man.

I wish someone would admit that they like Church's.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm all for trying different methods to punish you're kids, cause what worked for you as a kid may not work for your own. But chores...can't cosign that.

Good man.

I wish someone would admit that they like Church's.

yo.

do something.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Chores weren't often used as a punishment in my parent's house. There was just shit you had to do, good or bad you were going to do it and keep the complaints to a minimum. I bargained with my siblings to trade a few times in return for money or favors as our parents didn't mind as long as shit got done.

Chores weren't often used as a punishment in my parent's house. There was just shit you had to do, good or bad you were going to do it and keep the complaints to a minimum. I bargained with my siblings to trade a few times in return for money or favors as our parents didn't mind as long as shit got done.

Yeah my siblings and i had to do chores, we didn't have a choice. My mum said this isn't a democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom