• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friends baby mama pulling that side chick game because she cheated and got pregnant, friend loves her enough to stay. They got the weirdest family I've been around in awhile. Her,the gf and her kid, the gf's brother and sometimes the side chick living in a 2 bedroom apartment

"You get an L!"
"And you get an L!"
"L's for everyone!"

That's bounce immediately type shit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
oh man Disney would definitely figure out a way to print money w/ Avatar. but they'd scale it back to TLA levels of what's allowed vs them getting away with murder in Korra.

They'd probably turn that shit into some John Carter foulness

I'm gonna miss Korra tho man.

My friends baby mama pulling that side chick game because she cheated and got pregnant, friend loves her enough to stay. They got the weirdest family I've been around in awhile. Her,the gf and her kid, the gf's brother and sometimes the side chick living in a 2 bedroom apartment
Thats pure fuckery, I'd cut the whole lot off. Dont got time to be part of a Tyler Perry play

DY_nasty

I fucking hate that new Gundam series with a passion.
Only thing we got now is struggle animus. Dark times ahead.

For real. :/

Shingeki no Bahamut is legit as fuck. Jojo is coming back soon. Terra Formars brings grade A fukkery every week. Kuroko da Gawd AKA Japanese Nash and Amare Conquer The Pacific Vol. 3 is almost here too.

But Korra tho ;_;

she finally fucking made it brehs

DY_nasty

Char got bastardized in so many ways... Even his 'image' in Gundam Unicorn was utter bulshit.
Kuroko still going on? What the hell are they covering now? The manga is over.

The second season ended right after the guys beat purple haired Dwight. They're about to show the first game of the point GOD

Emperor Eye in animated form gonna be some other shit.

Thats pure fuckery, I'd cut the whole lot off. Dont got time to be part of a Tyler Perry play
She seems happy how things turned out I'm hindsight. Tho she got a kid like she always wanted be earlier then expected. Life in the fast lane dating someone who's young, bi, and didn't even respect the open relationship rule's by reporting who they were seeing

DominoKid

i've been avoiding the Kuroko manga because i want to go into the new season as unspoiled as possible. what i was told about Kise that's gonna come up this season sounds crazy though.

That was a pretty great finale for Korra.

I don't think the previous episodes did quite enough to earn it, but you could tell they really tried despite the limited number of episodes they had to work with and nick screwing them over.

Pretty good overall.

DY_nasty

i've been avoiding the Kuroko manga because i want to go into the new season as unspoiled as possible. what i was told about Kise that's gonna come up this season sounds crazy though.

I don't blame you. The only manga I read now is Bleach - and that's just to see how few fucks Kubo has left to give these days. Dude has officially made everyone into a can.
That was a pretty great finale for Korra.

I don't think the previous episodes did quite enough to earn it, but you could tell they really tried despite the limited number of episodes they had to work with and nick screwing them over.

Pretty good overall.

This season really could've gone 20 eps

ReiGun

Mako gotta be sick.
Had two of the baddest chicks in the game and did them so wrong they eloped together. Now all he's got is a broken arm and crushed dreams.

Bros, I feel like Loadout was released on PS4 just for me.

I put in 85 hours on the PC version and played all of that with a PS4 controller. I did real well playing that way for whatever reason, but I had to seriously be on my game.

So, this PS4 version comes out and having already played a ton of it (though it's been like 6 months since I've touched the PC version) I'm of course cleaning the fuck up:

j7BMZyi.jpg

People will get better and learn the game of course so this isn't going to last but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Anyone one else playing this?

andthebeatgoeson

It's too late. Can you draw me a picture? This is making my head hurt.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Char got bastardized in so many ways... Even his 'image' in Gundam Unicorn was utter bulshit

all these years later and heir still trying to ride char into obscurity with the various in series variants.

the white devil won, even with the pride obliterating bitchslaps

It's too late. Can you draw me a picture? This is making my head hurt.

Friend (Destiny) with a open relationship with her Bi GF that only allows her to see other girls no guys and have to tell Destiny. GF cheats on her with a guy behind her back and gets pregnant. Destiny stays with her during pregnancy while guy doesn't. They all move into a apartment with Destiny, GF, baby, GF's brother. Destiny is allowed to keep seeing other girls while GF can't. They all happen apparently. They've been dating since the age of 14 (19 now) so ehh

i'm pulling a Breaking Bad with all this Korra stuff. Only watching the 1st ep(s) of the series and the last ep

Merc_

i was hype hell after he rocketed oh girl in the og series and though mentor char in zeta was a logical step

then he 'dies' and bam char's counterattack..like da fuck nigga?

Hey, they had to find some way to have him and Amuro on different sides fighting each other again. Character development and whether it makes sense or not be damned.

Crocodile

Korra finale was way better than I expected. Can't say I was a fan though of how
Kuvira basically just gave up at the end. Or rather I should say I thought it was fucking lame. She was a badass but they pretty much butchered her character arc throughout the season and the little bit at the end wasn't nearly enough to make up for it. Wu giving up the monarchy struck me more of a modern line of thought that says Monarchy = bad rather than something I could realistically expect to hear come out of his mouth.
I had other nitpicks too (and I'll probably be able to think of more with time) but otherwise yeah it was pretty good :)

Also
Team Korrasami wins! FLAWLESS VICTORY!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Only thing we got now is struggle animus. Dark times ahead.

No need to tear down an entire nation just to prop up Korra. Show did fine on its own (At least the finale, the season overall was a lot of wasted potential IMO)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
if the shipping is the majority of what people are talking about, im guessing it wasnt as good as it could have been?

Mako gotta be sick.
Had two of the baddest chicks in the game and did them so wrong they eloped together. Now all he's got is a broken arm and crushed dreams.

These are the kind of L's that hurt the worst. Mako was the chosen one and he just bungled all of that.
I'm just happy it popped off like that in the end and not as a fan of the ship but as somebody who can appreciate progression. We went from cousins to implied relationships in about 15 years. Its a start.

Personally, I'm just glad Varrick got his head out of his ass and scooped up Zhu Li. They don't make them like her too often. If that wasn't love she had for Varrick then I don't know what is.

That finale of Korra just made me wish they'd introduced Kuvira instead of Kai last season, she really needed the time to make her sympathetic rather than an infodump in the finale. Was anyone else hoping that Bolin would get the moment to shine rather than Mako against the giant mech?

Silky

Banned
Man, I love the Eric Andre Show. It's like they actually made a good version of Tim & Eric.

EDIT: Holy shit, they have a screamo band trying to play the outro while wearing volume-sensitive shock collars. This fucking show

That show is outstanding. Wish they wouldve kept the SD look.

I've been catching up on the One Piece anime.

I like it. Just got to Skypeia.

I wish the animation budget was higher, though.

Youre hitting the best arc.

jWILL253

Banned
What's up with these new crop of rappers ignoring history involving hip-hop, the law and gun charges?

These niggas openly catching bodies over Internet beef, saying they don't care if they get caught, then make the Bobby Shmurda sad face when they do get caught.

Slayven

Wait you mean Korra and Asami hooked up? Y'all lying. Gotta be. No way the ship of all ships won.

They weren't scissoring, but you could read it as two friends or lovers. You know vague enough to keep fans happy.

Kishmoto is the only person doing shipping right.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've been catching up on the One Piece anime.

I like it. Just got to Skypeia.

I wish the animation budget was higher, though.

It's fun. One Piece steps it up in the future too. Great characters, lots of fun.

Malyse

oh man Disney would definitely figure out a way to print money w/ Avatar. but they'd scale it back to TLA levels of what's allowed vs them getting away with murder in Korra.
People keeps saying that, but

Sleeping Beauty said:
A fire breathing dragon is stabbed in the heart with a magic sword and disintegrates into a smoky darkness
Mulan said:
Mulan pins Shanyu to the top of a roof and shoots a firework at him which causes the Leader of the Huns to literally explode.
The Lion King said:
Scar is blocked in by a wall of fire and is surrounded by his old posse of hyenas who have been starving under his reign. Through the shadows of the flame you see them attack and consume him.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame said:
A cracked gargoyle comes to life and throws Frollo off of a massive cathedral into a street filled with molten copper
Tarzan said:
Clayton gets himself tangled in some vines, and frantically chops away all of them except the ones around his neck, which lead to his fall and suspension in the air. A flash of lightning reveals his hanging body
Tangled said:
Mother Gothel begins to age at an impossibly fast rate, ultimately turns into a corpse, trips out of a tower window, and becomes a pile of dust.
The Little Mermaid said:
Amplified to a massive size, Ursula is rammed by the shards of a sinking ship that ultimately electrocute and sink her.
Snow White said:
The evil witch is first struck by lightning, then proceeds to fall off a cliff, get crushed by a boulder, and finally get eaten by vultures.
Oliver & Company said:
Sykes dies by getting hit with a train
The Nightmare Before Christmas said:
Oogie Boogie has his skin torn off and his insides burnt in a smelter.
The Incredibles said:
Syndrome's cape gets sucked into a jet propeller, is chopped into bits, and explodes.
A Bug’s Life said:
Hopper is eaten alive by baby birds
Atlantis: The Lost Empire said:
Lyle T. Rourke is crystallized and shatters into a millions pieces when the balloon crashes.
The Princess and the Frog said:
Dr. Facilier is literally dragged to hell.
Beauty and the Beast said:
Gaston falls into a spiked ravine

Oh but let's not forget
66b06febb221c976b62f8f227451f1fc.gif

5477d31fe5a558e38cf28676fb7b6a4b.gif

and the medley of death in the Incredibles.

tumblr_m6ld4uRWdB1qh7d0do3_500.gif

No_Capes_The_Incredibles_2.gif

No_Capes_The_Incredibles_3.gif

tumblr_m6ld4uRWdB1qh7d0do1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_m6ld4uRWdB1qh7d0do4_500.gif

Avatar would be just fine. Especially since it could chase that boys market they so desperately want.

----

http://38.media.tumblr.com/968d7d55bd640842e9becf3864909819/tumblr_ngtfxyfUV41ro0n55o6_r1_500.gif
http://38.media.tumblr.com/9dee4812e6bf2ed6d46cbff6f8f1c1c1/tumblr_ngtegbQIkB1ro0n55o9_500.gif
http://38.media.tumblr.com/705dab9bbca897bf7f07cc85c96d83c8/tumblr_ngtegbQIkB1ro0n55o6_500.gif

Yeah, it happened.

Edit: Ah! Sorry labor!

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
They weren't scissoring, but you could read it as two friends or lovers. You know vague enough to keep fans happy.

Kishmoto is the only person doing shipping right.

it started as a joke and now it's legit, goddamn LOL

You gotta be joking about that last bit. Kishimoto did only one thing right. Shikamaru and Temari.

Why y'all spoiling stuff for Labor? Rude! :(

Slayven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom