• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

That assumes folks waste their time in the Korra thread.

It's fun.

lol. fair

i stopped looking through that thread in season 2 - mainly because it became too apparent that people needed shit spelled out for them while watching a damned kids show on top of spoiling shit worse than in the GoT thread

We never did nail down a spoiler policy. We kind of settled on things being fair once the Nick link was posted, but even that was inelegant.

Hard to keep things orderly when a show is fucked with like Korra was fucked with.

I will never deny this.

But its one of the best long walks through the park I've ever had.

One of my worse, didn't even get to 20hrs. Got to about 10 and called it quits. Then GAF told me if I held on for another 10hrs the tutorial stage would be over and the game shines…

Slayven

If I was balling and had the dough. I would fund another series of Avatar. Except the Avatar this time would come from the Lost Nation. Lost because they would come from a Continent on the other side of the world, and they would be black and advance. He would be about 18 years old, be calm and levelheaded and competent.

Then I would sit back and let the salt flow.

One of my worse, didn't even get to 20hrs. Got to about 10 and called it quits. Then GAF told me if I held on for another 10hrs the tutorial stage would be over and the game shines…

You held on for that long? I played in on PS Now and tapped out after about... 5 hours maybe? I tried to go on because I rented it for a week but nah son.

If I was balling and had the dough. I would fund another series of Avatar. Except the Avatar this time would come from the Lost Nation. Lost because they would come from a Continent on the other side of the world, and they would be black and advance. He would be about 18 years old, be calm and levelheaded and competent.

Then I would sit back and let the salt flow.

Honorable Avatar Brother Hakeem from the Nu Lost NeoNation of Pantheria

You held on for that long? I played in on PS Now and tapped out after about... 5 hours maybe? I tried to go on because I rented it for a week but nah son.

I kept hoping it would get better but they kept throwing wack ass characters at me (who you can't even switch out until much later in the game...because tutorial!) after about 10hrs I called this game for what is was...shit with an a slightly above average combat system.

FFXIII/XIII-2/LR will remain as the only FF games I haven't beat…and I'm okay/proud of that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
13 does a lot of stuff right and some BIG things incredibly wrong - but all that matters is what's important to the person playing. The theme, visuals, battle system, general UI, and even the characters (I thought I'd hate Sazh -> Sazh for president) outweighed the crappy dialogue, lack of interactivity between the player and world, story in general (FF Power Rangers), and hand holding early on.

13 does a lot of stuff right and some BIG things incredibly wrong - but all that matters is what's important to the person playing. The theme, visuals, battle system, general UI, and even the characters (I thought I'd hate Sazh -> Sazh for president) outweighed the crappy dialogue, lack of interactivity between the player and world, story in general (FF Power Rangers), and hand holding early on.

I agree, which is why I rate XIII series as the worst in the FF mainline. I'd rather listen to '1000 Words' on loop for 2 weeks straight sung by Cassie without post production than play any of the XIII series.

Slayven, the world isn't ready for that.
So fuck 'em, it needs to happen.

Everyone should play Lightning Returns.

Nah.

x Misogi

Broke up with my gf today. Went home to try to talk it out but the only thing that happened when I saw her was
275018.gif

we had some on agains off agains but shit. That "I love you but i'm not in love with you" line will seriously make your soul burn slow. Ran to the guest bedroom and locked the door and just screamed in a pillow for like 10 minutes while she knocked on the door talmbout "please let me in". Cried like a bitch too.

I was with that girl since high school (It's now 2 years after we both graduated college). Fuck.

I aint shit; carry on

Trey

Broke up with my gf today. Went home to try to talk it out but the only thing that happened when I saw her was
we had some on agains off agains but shit. That "I love you but i'm not in love with you" line will seriously make your soul burn slow. Ran to the guest bedroom and locked the door and just screamed in a pillow for like 10 minutes while she knocked on the door talmbout "please let me in". Cried like a bitch too.

I was with that girl since high school (It's now 2 years after we both graduated college). Fuck.

I aint shit; carry on

We all have those days, fam.

275018.gif

I aint shit; carry on

give me her number, I'll pass it on to to Dreams-Visions and he can talk it out

holy fuck, I just came across this post from one of the old San Andreas threads.

I think once word gets out about the setting. This game won't sell that well.

By 3 March 2005, the game had sold over 12 million units for the PlayStation 2 alone, making it the highest selling game for PlayStation 2.[33] As of 26 September 2007, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has sold 20 million units according to Take-Two Interactive.[34] As of 26 March 2008, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has sold 21.5 million units according to Take-Two Interactive.[35] The Guinness World Records 2009 Gamer's Edition lists it as the most successful PlayStation 2 game, with 17.33 million copies sold for that console alone, from a total of 21.5 million in all formats.[18] In 2011, Kotaku reported that according to Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has sold 27.5 million copies worldwide.[36]

nnd1MFe.png

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

I aint shit; carry on

Damn man, it happens.
vrhCfrT.png

give me her number, I'll pass it on to to Dreams-Visions and he can talk it out

lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom