• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

besada

Banned
angelus errare said:
I hope Beck makes a song with Kanye just to see people turn on Beck.

I missed out on the thread playing Sunless Sea, but I'd love to see a Beck and Kanye album. It'd for sure be better than tagging in dust-farting Paul McCartney. I love some Kanye(including Yeezus...come at me), but getting a guy who only does melodic pop music to work with a guy who can barely keep a tune seemed like a bad idea from the start. But Beck and Kanye together could make some seriously freaky ass stuff. Make it happen, Angelus.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I missed out on the thread playing Sunless Sea, but I'd love to see a Beck and Kanye album. It'd for sure be better than tagging in dust-farting Paul McCartney. I love some Kanye(including Yeezus...come at me), but getting a guy who only does melodic pop music to work with a guy who can barely keep a tune seemed like a bad idea from the start. But Beck and Kanye together could make some seriously freaky ass stuff. Make it happen, Angelus.

How is Sunless Sea?

Also I've been listening to those folk music links you sent yesterday. It's frustrating. They're GOOD but it's not good for me. It's legitimately great, but I don't feel anything inside for it.

I have review code for Sunless Sea. Getting to that once I finish my Darkest Dungeon article. Looks great.

I want it happen partially for the tears...oh the tears would be delicious and because I like Beck and I've been listening to him for years (still didn't deserve to win, but whatever).

I mostly want it for the tears TBH.

ReiGun

NOOOOO! Why. Black Panther is supposed to be the one. I don't wait for it when I'm about damn near 30.

Marvel giveth and Marvel taketh away.

I was so excited because for a brief moment, I thought I lived in a world where all three of my favorite superheroes (Spidey, Wonder Woman, and Black Panther) had movies coming out the same year. But alas.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't even know why yal have ANY hopes for Black Panther

couldn't even do war machine right and they weren't even intentionally trying to go one way or the other with him

get ready for black panther to be a university of long beach basketball player dropout now because its gonna be hard to maintain facial integrity if you get surprised in theaters

besada

Banned
How is Sunless Sea?

Also I've been listening to those folk music links you sent yesterday. It's frustrating. They're GOOD but it's not good for me. It's legitimately great, but I don't feel anything inside for it.
Sunless Sea is great, see below.

It's okay, Vince. You tried. Just don't say bad things about the Mountain Goats or I may snap.
I have review code for Sunless Sea. Getting to that once I finish my Darkest Dungeon article. Looks great.
I'm loving it. It's basically 80 Days and FTL welded together and smeared with slime from an Elder God. I've already put a ridiculous amount of time into it. I'm on my third Captain, my first two dying horrific deaths for various reasons. And I've just started getting into the deeper stories, which, if you like eldritch horror, are great.
I want it happen partially for the tears...oh the tears would be delicious and because I like Beck and I've been listening to him for years (still didn't deserve to win, but whatever).

I mostly want it for the tears TBH.
I'd enjoy the tears, too. I haven't actually heard the new album(or Beyonce's, for that matter), but all my "pitchforky" friends have been splooging over it. It's actually doing really well for a Beck album. On pace to outsell Guero. He's done 300K this month. Nowhere near five million worldwide, but for Beck and folk/country/indie rock, those are some pretty big numbers. Mostly, though, I love artist collaboration, and I think they really could put something interesting together.

Beck wouldn't limit himself to Kanye's level

jmood88

I'm just glad that they weren't able to get this done before Civil War was finalized or we might never see Black Panther. Spider-Man is my favorite character but I didn't want him to be fucking with plans for Black Panther too much.

Sunless Sea you guys say? I'll have to check it out. Never even heard of it.

I'd enjoy the tears, too. I haven't actually heard the new album(or Beyonce's, for that matter), but all my "pitchforky" friends have been splooging over it. It's actually doing really well for a Beck album. On pace to outsell Guero. He's done 300K this month. Nowhere near five million worldwide, but for Beck and folk/country/indie rock, those are some pretty big numbers. Mostly, though, I love artist collaboration, and I think they really could put something interesting together.

It's a good album but even for a Beck album it's just...good. I mean it's not bad but it's not great either. It's just an average album. There are a few standouts but I mean I doubt I'll be talking about it in like 5 years in any significant way.

DY_nasty

any of you guys have the terra formars version of my avatar? that shit getting a movie while not even being coherent inspires

besada

Banned
Beck wouldn't limit himself to Kanye's level
Beck's a collaboration whore. That's a good thing to me, but he'll work with damn near anyone. Charlotte Gainsbourg, Lonely Island, Bat for Lashes(for A Twilight movie, even), Feist, Wilco, Childish Gambino, etc. Some of those folks are great, but some are certainly less great. Dude just likes to mix it up.

Dude covered a Yanni album with Thurston Moore. I'm just sayin he's down for the weird mix ups.

lmao omg that #raychieling hashtag is the most fucked thing I've ever witnessed! So mean! It's between that or that Draya nonsense. That's why I don't fuck with IG/Twitter/FB. Edit: Okay I lied, I do have a FB...I don't use it much I swear tho.

Beck's a collaboration whore. That's a good thing to me, but he'll work with damn near anyone. Charlotte Gainsbourg, Lonely Island, Bat for Lashes(for A Twilight movie, even), Feist, Wilco, Childish Gambino, etc. Some of those folks are great, but some are certainly less great. Dude just likes to mix it up.

Dude covered a Yanni album with Thurston Moore. I'm just sayin he's down for the weird mix ups.
But I want Beck to make a album with MadLib, AKB48 and Action Bronson instead

Furyous

This shit creepy and all of y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. Matter of fact let me bust out the Spider suit on "you people".

tumblr_m4yl85YaSy1r6ac1io1_500.gif

tumblr_n1irhzPfjW1r3s2suo1_400.gif

tumblr_mz508oocne1qcga5ro1_500-are-you-pumped-up-for-this-movie.gif

Why in the flaming fuck is everyone a photoshop expert? A lot of "you people" are out here exposing women and finding joy in this? Miss me with this bullshit entirely. What is your aim with this stunt? You're trying to win brownie points, twitter followers, instagram followers, and love from people that don't give a fuck about you. Everyone sees the pic, hits like and goes I'd holla as they close the app. You motherfuckers go out here and start zooming in on tiles, comparing pictures from 28 weeks ago and all types of stalkerish bullshit. We need to do better as people. Wale said it best, social media brings out the evil in people. Can y'all stop harassing her and let go of any attempts to shame her into seclusion?

DY_nasty

I can't disagree with anything Furyous has ever said.

Honestly, I'm afraid to quote him because I might get Timecop'd
i really need to get around to watching Terraformars at some point. got way too many shows already though.

It got me through last season. Its just pure fukkery. That's all it is. Unfiltered, straight to the dome fuckshit.

You want to see how racist shit can actually get? You want to know what its like to look through Zimmerman's eyes? Throw Terra Formars on the big screen and crank that shit to 11. Little Asian girl ain't ready - and that white woman is the first one to get #rekt.

besada

Banned
But I want Beck to make a album with MadLib, AKB48 and Action Bronson instead
As far as I can tell, he can do all that and Kanye. He's put out four or five of his Record Club things on top of rolling out Beck albums and doing a bunch of other collaboration. If you haven't checked out the Record Club, some of it's great and some of it's just weird. I can't say I was a huge fan of the Yanni covers, but the Leonard Cohen and Velvet Underground stuff is pretty cool. They bundle into a studio and knock out the album in a day, usually. I'm fine with more Beck and more collaboration.

This shit creepy and all of y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. Matter of fact let me bust out the Spider suit on "you people".

tumblr_m4yl85YaSy1r6ac1io1_500.gif

tumblr_n1irhzPfjW1r3s2suo1_400.gif

tumblr_mz508oocne1qcga5ro1_500-are-you-pumped-up-for-this-movie.gif

Why in the flaming fuck is everyone a photoshop expert? A lot of "you people" are out here exposing women and finding joy in this? Miss me with this bullshit entirely. What is your aim with this stunt? You're trying to win brownie points, twitter followers, instagram followers, and love from people that don't give a fuck about you. Everyone sees the pic, hits like and goes I'd holla as they close the app. You motherfuckers go out here and start zooming in on tiles, comparing pictures from 28 weeks ago and all types of stalkerish bullshit. We need to do better as people. Wale said it best, social media brings out the evil in people. Can y'all stop harassing her and let go of any attempts to shame her into seclusion?

Bruh who are you talking to lol?

I was thoroughly confused for a second I was like...I don't even care about it tho...

It was like watching Spiderman beat up some random negro as Carnage was killing a bunch of folks.

In other news, I don't have a PS4 and I doubt I'm going to get one, so I'm spoiling myself on 1886. They got videos of the first 60minutes up here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151399034&postcount=258

Spoilers obviously. Graphics look dope. Gameplay looks...decidedly average.

Edit: Is it weird I'm looking forward to this coming out just so I can watch someone play through the entire thing on Twitch?

Crocodile

I didn't watch the Grammys but the "fallout" has been interesting to slowly parse through on GAF. I'm just now making my way through that Kane thread and LOL is all I have to say

This year's Grammy's had Obama telling people, specifically men, to stop beating and raping women. It was destined to be the kind of night that got folks in their feelings.

Obama aired a message at the Grammys?

So this new modeler at Gaz doing work.

Storm's new costume is lookin dope as all the fucks.

Nah this costume looks awful :/

i really need to get around to watching Terraformars at some point. got way too many shows already though.

Watch something good instead

AfroMW

I can't disagree with anything Furyous has ever said.

Honestly, I'm afraid to quote him because I might get Timecop'd

It got me through last season. Its just pure fukkery. That's all it is. Unfiltered, straight to the dome fuckshit.

You want to see how racist shit can actually get? You want to know what its like to look through Zimmerman's eyes? Throw Terra Formars on the big screen and crank that shit to 11. Little Asian girl ain't ready - and that white woman is the first one to get #rekt.

9bSrKAZ.png

In other news, I don't have a PS4 and I doubt I'm going to get one, so I'm spoiling myself on 1886. They got videos of the first 60minutes up here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151399034&postcount=258

Spoilers obviously. Graphics look dope. Gameplay looks...decidedly average.

Edit: Is it weird I'm looking forward to this coming out just so I can watch someone play through the entire thing on Twitch?
It's not weird. I'm waiting for all the disappointment for Evolve on twitch

DY_nasty

I got Evolve right now. I'm really expecting some broken-tier shit to come out soon though. Its fun at least...

I got Evolve right now. I'm really expecting some broken-tier shit to come out soon though. Its fun at least...

I played the beta on PC, I liked it. I wouldn't drop $60 on it, but it was fun. It works best when you're playing with friends. Outside of that...meh.

Hyped for Bloodborne, but not enough to buy a PS4.

Gorillaz

hey you comic heads, tell me how I should feel about this spidey news, since he will probably be worked back into civil war that means our boy BP bout to be a jobber now ain't he

J10 I know this hurts

DY_nasty

what did you get on, if you don't mind asking. ?

I almost always main Medic in games like this. I think Destiny was one of the very few instances where I completely shirked support in all of its forms...

Shy

I almost always main Medic in games like this. I think Destiny was one of the very few instances where I completely shirked support in all of its forms...
ahh, sorry i meant what platform did you get the game for. sorry.

but being a medic is cool. in the alpha i liked to play hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom