• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'm pleased about this Spider-Man news. I think I'll wait before I have something more than "Marvel has Spider-Man back!" before I make a judgment. Sorry to see Andy Garfield go though, the next guy had better be damn good...

EDIT: Fuck you too, autocorrect. -_-

Merc_

I wouldn't be as bothered by BP getting pushed back if I had any faith that they were going to do something new and interesting with Spider-Man. I just know it's going to be the same old Spider-Man in high school shit again.

T.A.L

Yo. Saw this thread figured I check in and subscribe. This intro questionnaire is tricky hopefully I did it right.

Where you're from - Alabama
Where you live - Alabama
What is your age? - 26
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm just a black dude from the country
Do you know your roots - is the answer that there is no answer
Favorite musical genre - Rap I guess or whatever Young Thug doing
Your profession/major/career interest - I work in a car plant
Your religious affiliation - none
Hobbies - I make music and play video games.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Church's cuz it's like right up the street.

akira28

Ed Sabol died..

The only time I love the NFL is watching one of his films with his narration. The shit looks like an epic gladiator film. They make any game look amazing with that film grain and slow motion filmography.

any of you guys have the terra formars version of my avatar? that shit getting a movie while not even being coherent inspires

Give me 30

EDIT: boom
LukZZYV.png

Slayven

Terra formers thread is getting my life.

hey you comic heads, tell me how I should feel about this spidey news, since he will probably be worked back into civil war that means our boy BP bout to be a jobber now ain't he

J10 I know this hurts

I am wait in see mode.

Fixed that. All the Muslim hate on GAF lately has just been getting to me. It doesn't help when GAF's dominant 18-35 white male demographic catches an episode or two of Family Guy every night which shits on Jews and makes all Muslims out to be hijab-wearing, saber-toting extremists on the regular. The whole "missing the line between objectivity and subjectivity" complex a lot of the usual suspects employ on a regular basis is evident as shit as soon as topics like that spring up.

Slayven

I expect maximum fuckery in the upcoming years. It will be like elementary school all over again.
I am going to sit back and j10 it.

Fixed that. All the Muslim hate on GAF lately has just been getting to me. It doesn't help when GAF's dominant 18-35 white male demographic catches an episode or two of Family Guy every night which shits on Jews and makes all Muslims out to be hijab-wearing, saber-toting extremists on the regular. The whole "missing the line between objectivity and subjectivity" complex a lot of the usual suspects employ on a regular basis is evident as shit as soon as topics like that spring up.

It is so sad, and if you are a Muslim you best condemn ISIS before you say one word.

Everyone's also quick to forget that, nine times out of then, when some white boy shoots up a school or movie theater or mall, they'll plead the fifth because "God told them to do it."

Slayven

Freedom of speech works both ways, you can say something to shit on somebody. But don't get mad when those somebodies say something back. And much of the "Satire" that gets shot at muslims is just thinly disguised racism.

Freedom of speech works both ways, you can say something to shit on somebody. But don't get mad when those somebodies say something back. And much of the "Satire" that gets shot at muslims is just thinly disguised racism.
There it is. I had avoided that thread specifically because I new what the overall tone was going to be. It's the same tired BS that you'd expect folks who hate typically hate Fox "news" not to partake in.

Slayven

Nothing like an manga/anime fan that is shown how fucked up their favorite series is, they nut up like a protag in a twilight zone ep .

Slayven

I was gonna make this exact same comment yesterday, but it's more effective coming from you.

I talk about comics because I love them. But a lot of people put a console wars stink on them. Not the fun who can beat up who type of talk, but the boring list wars, and fanboy credit type of shit.

J10

Banned
hey you comic heads, tell me how I should feel about this spidey news, since he will probably be worked back into civil war that means our boy BP bout to be a jobber now ain't he

J10 I know this hurts
The only thing that's even slightly annoying is the Inhumans getting pushed back after Infinity War 2. Otherwise, Marvel knows and treats their heroes better than any other studio, so I'm not worried about anything.

The fanboys around here are going to become lepers to me. Maybe. Probably.

Slayven

The only thing that's even slightly annoying is the Inhumans getting pushed back after Infinity War 2. Otherwise, Marvel knows and treats their heroes better than any other studio, so I'm not worried about anything.

The fanboys around here are going to become lepers to me. Maybe. Probably.

Yeah I need to just listen to you more often.

Trey

I talk about comics because I love them. But a lot of people put a console wars stink on them. Not the fun who can beat up who type of talk, but the boring list wars, and fanboy credit type of shit.

I feel you. It reached an annoying point for me where people would drag Marvel into every conversation even tangentially related.

People don't know how to hold a conversation.

Slayven

I feel you. It reached an annoying point for me where people would drag Marvel into every conversation even tangentially related.

People don't know how to hold a conversation.

But folks coming up with conspiracy theories for how marvel uses the comics to screw Fox always amuse me.

But folks coming up with conspiracy theories for how marvel uses the comics to screw Fox always amuse me.

If you think those are good, just wait until you hear some of the 343 anti-apologists who have engineered conspiracies that character X can only use armor ability Y because 343 secretly hates us, etc.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

This is going to be more fuel for those shit fires.

And the people in fear the comics are gonna change to line up for the movies. I wonder how the recent additions and push backs fit up with their conspiracy theories.

The denial in that thread is depressing as shit. Makes me weep for humanity.

In lighter news, I have a love hate relationship with The Dream. Sometimes dude makes some really corny ass song, then other time he makes some dope ass shit. Like every time he creates a beat for Rihanna shit is always fire. Birthday Cake, Phresh off the Runway...beats are dope as fuck.

So why can't he maintain this level on his own works? It's like he doesn't care to do quality checks on his own shit, but when he's working with other cats he always gives 150%.

And some people actually argue he's a better producer than Kanye or Timbaland...than Timbo?! Wut?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom