• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Digital Audio Workstations. The number of software instruments and effects / mastering sidechains running concurrently while simulating an audio track (live rendering) are loads more tasking than generating some models and textures.

That is why i still use QBASIC and COBOL, all this fancy nonsense is too complicated for it's own good.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ahhh. seen.

what i did in the alpha was crouch walk everywhere and if they caught up to me, i'd use the shoulder ram to run, then keep jumping to give me the distance. then go back to crouch walking.
surprisingly it worked quite well for me.

I didn't play the alpha or beta so everything I'm running into is brand new to me.

That being said... FUCK all these non-aiming ass assaults fucking up the DPS. omg, matches could be over in minutes if guys could shoot straight.

Shy

I didn't play the alpha or beta so everything I'm running into is brand new to me.

That being said... FUCK all these non-aiming ass assaults fucking up the DPS. omg, matches could be over in minutes if guys could shoot straight.
lol. yeah i've been in those matches.

Lust>>>>Starlets because Brooklyn and better bartenders, yeah I said it. If you win one billion in a lottery, then buy your own island and fly out models to "bartend". Where are the answers to the questions?

Damn, where are my manners?

Where you're from - New York, New York
Where you live - Brooklyn
What is your age? Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - 18 y/o (I'm a young buck), 2nd generation Haitian American from my moms side, mixed with a bunch of stuff on my fathers
Do you know your roots - I got some Senegalese blood flowing through my veins
Favorite musical genre - Alternative rap
Your profession/major/career interest - pursuing a career in civil engineering
Your religious affiliation - Catholic
Hobbies - Studying architecture, reading, writing, smangin, playing video games
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes

andthebeatgoeson

One time payout is $305 million. Just assume half for taxes. $150 million.

Invest it for 5% return. You sitting on $7 million a year.

Looking kind of nice. Would take a year long trip. I would pay people out of that. Leave the principle alone. Probably have a biggie song as my theme music.

Damn. I never even thought out of losing tracks in the river. I usually just go up a cliff face then double back with a leap.

Yeah dude broke it down on the stream (forgot his name) but he was like the river is your friend throws the hunters off, dude would double back then stealth walk jump in a river. It was like he was Ice T in Surviving the Game.

Trading in my 360 and games for a One, bout to take thar plunge

besada

Banned
Digital Audio Workstations. The number of software instruments and effects / mastering sidechains running concurrently while simulating an audio track (live rendering) are loads more tasking than generating some models and textures.

Speaking of DAWs, you have a suggestion for a Windows DAW for a guy coming from Logic Pro? I guess the standard answer is Ableton, but it seems to be focused on live performance, which is not an issue for me. I still have my iMac, but it's unhooked currently (hence my embarrassed vanishment from the GAF Tape thread) and I'm not sure how/where I'm going to hook it up.

Feel free to PM if you don't want to do a data dump here.

Village

If I win the powerball I will pay the greatest minds in the world to make Kingdom Heart's plot coherent and interesting.

Wouldn't be hard
Just tell the story again, but put some of the later stuff earlier, add some story modes ect.

I got whole system worked out if they were ever to just redo the entire xienhort saga, they could eliminate the need for entire hand held games to exist.

Speaking of DAWs, you have a suggestion for a Windows DAW for a guy coming from Logic Pro? I guess the standard answer is Ableton, but it seems to be focused on live performance, which is not an issue for me. I still have my iMac, but it's unhooked currently (hence my embarrassed vanishment from the GAF Tape thread) and I'm not sure how/where I'm going to hook it up.

I don't know a whole lot outside of my comfort zone, but I know the go-tos are still usually FL Studio and, on GAF, Mixcraft.

I personally love Mixcraft because I have no formal training or knowledge of music theory and managed to self-teach myself most of the important stuff over the course of a couple of months. The UI is practical and intuitive, and you can accomplish just about anything in it you could in the other big DAWs save for pitch shifts exceeding a single octave or getting WordBuilder (phonetic companion to EastWest Symphonic Choirs) to work. It's also an amazing time to jump in because Mixcraft 7 Pro Studio offers a ton of extremely effective and helpful VSTs and VST FX, including a decent piano and a bunch of equalizers and tube simulators and what have you. Perhaps even more importantly, Mixcraft 7 is the first iteration to have a 64-bit version, meaning you can really allocate as much processing power to it as you want. Mixcraft is essentially viewed as the "GarageBand of Windows," but cinematically-styled compositions can just as easily be produced in it as psychedelic rock and metal. Mixcraft is also particularly notable as being a good way to get a foodhold in music production because it likewise comes with a smorgasbord of audio loops / samples, all royalty-free. It's an excellent place to start collecting high-quality samples, especially for percussion if you lack something like Maschine.

Now, based on what I know otherwise, FL Studio is a much closer analogue to Logic Pro, but to my knowledge both offer free trials. If you want to start getting into more expensive territory, Steinberg Cubase offers a more rich array of possible functionality, but the learning curve is accordingly steep.

I also always feel obligated to recommend u-he's Diva and Zebra2 synths due to the large amount of open-sourcing and subsequent community-created software instrumentation, not to mention the fact that they're functionally free outside of "demo constraints." Diva produces static during renders every so often but it can be easily worked around, and Zebra2's notation overrides your own and forces a progression of C - E - B - R(andom) - A after about 10-15 minutes of streaming.

If you want more information I'd also strongly recommend asking the GAF Music Production thread for more opinions, because I know I personally don't have a whole lot of experience with other DAWs.

Wouldn't be hard
Just tell the story again, but put some of the later stuff earlier, add some story modes ect.

I got whole system worked out if they were ever to just redo the entire xienhort saga, they could eliminate the need for entire hand held games to exist.

Word.

Kingdom Hearts Now:
Iron-Man-3-Hulkbuster-Concept-Art.jpg

With a clean-up:
IM-KOT-01.jpg

J10

Banned

I use Ableton for composing, recording, mixing, mastering, everything. I'm not a live performer at all. You can do anything you want with it. It just happens to have some features that make it more ideal for electronic musicians who like to perform live.

Slayven

I use Ableton for composing, recording, mixing, mastering, everything. I'm not a live performer at all. You can do anything you want with it. It just happens to have some features that make it more ideal for electronic musicians who like to perform live.

But can you turn the mic up?

besada

Banned
Thanks guys. I've been noodling around with Reason, and I believe Logic has spoiled me when it comes to interfaces. I'll look at Mixcraft and Ableton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom