• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all. Longtime lurker, been waiting for OT 11 to make myself known. But after reading the terra formars thread, and a bunch of other stuff on OT I decided I can't fucks with that side of Gaf anymore

If I won that lottery I'm taking me and my whole squad to Starlets up in queens and turning up

Shit, I'd get me some car insurance
A car
Microsoft Office
A house
Pay off these student loans
Hire a couple of professional editors
Get that custom Moogle chain I always wanted, maybe a platinum grill too
Hire someone to teach me the stock market so I can turn it into more money
Give money to my mother and my brothers
Give money to that white woman and her children who used to give me rides to the bus station when I used to have to walk three miles in scorching heat, rain, and sleet and catch three buses to get to school everyday
Save the rest for my game publishing company

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I know Angelus gonna call Cocaine Loraine up now that she's been put on blast for choosing lmao

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Shit, I'd get me some car insurance
A car
Microsoft Office
A house
Pay off these student loans
Hire a couple of professional editors
Get that custom Moogle chain I always wanted, maybe a platinum grill too
Hire someone to teach me the stock market so I can turn it into more money
Give money to my mother and my brothers
Give money to that white woman and her children who used to give me rides to the bus station when I used to have to walk three miles in scorching heat, rain, and sleet and catch three buses to get to school everyday
Save the rest for my game publishing company

Noooooo!!!!! I would invest in one, but not going to be the biggest investor.

akira28

fuck investing. My life has been made up of teams, so I would just build a squad of artists and programmers and designers and just create a new enterprise.

I still intend to do that but the millions would certainly help.

put on blast for instagram tricking. moneyshot pic and video etc

call me a cynic, but...I was checking her page out. If she's trying to ball, she's going to go with the laws of supply and demand. Demand for models? Low.
Demand for "models"? High.

Malyse

Minecraft
2-17-stefan-gets-thrown-into-the-bush-crazy-fruittt.gif

Noooooo!!!!! I would invest in one, but not going to be the biggest investor.

White people and the Japanese aren't diversifying video games, so if I don't do it, who will? Running my own game company has been my ambition regardless.

fuck investing. My life has been made up of teams, so I would just build a squad of artists and programmers and designers and just create a new enterprise.

If you're still on here, when I've gotten my shit together, I wouldn't mind working with you.

call me a cynic, but...I was checking her page out. If she's trying to ball, she's going to go with the laws of supply and demand. Demand for models? Low.
Demand for "models"? High.

#facts. Booking info isn't in the bio for no reason

Malyse

call me a cynic, but...
This guy gets it. I would roll up in people's jobs like "yo, s/he quits" and put together my dream team.

Shy

Yo. Saw this thread figured I check in and subscribe. This intro questionnaire is tricky hopefully I did it right.

Where you're from - Alabama
Where you live - Alabama
What is your age? - 26
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm just a black dude from the country
Do you know your roots - is the answer that there is no answer
Favorite musical genre - Rap I guess or whatever Young Thug doing
Your profession/major/career interest - I work in a car plant
Your religious affiliation - none
Hobbies - I make music and play video games.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Church's cuz it's like right up the street.

Hey y'all. Longtime lurker, been waiting for OT 11 to make myself known. But after reading the terra formars thread, and a bunch of other stuff on OT I decided I can't fucks with that side of Gaf anymore

If I won that lottery I'm taking me and my whole squad to Starlets up in queens and turning up
welcome welcome new fam. this is your new home guys.

I've been in the thread and a couple of other places talking about it. Its a surprisingly good game that doesn't fit the mold of what most people expect or look for when it comes to online focused FPSs. It has its flaws, but it does a lot of things incredibly well - mainly being a game that challenges the player to think for a change. If you want to run in straight lines like dozens of twitch streams have 'shown' so far, sure, go right on ahead. If you want to cut a Monster off, bait him into what he thinks is an easy Hunter kill, harpoon his ass to a wall, then call in an orbital strike while talking selfies with the brehs - you can do that too.

You can go as deep as you want in this game. Or at least a hell of a lot deeper than any other recent FPS has offered.

I'm just hoping that nothing incredibly game breaking drops soon but 2k is usually on top of stuff like that.

I was watching one twitch stream last night and buddy was beasting as a monster. He was a wraith and he was sneaking to cover his tracks and running through rivers i mean dude was doing it. Then they caught him in that dome and straight murked his, shit had me hype as fuck lol

akira28

game falls apart if you dont have good teams.

Dy is on PS4, so maybe it's different. I was playing the PC Beta and people were running around like learning disabled, headless chickens. If your medic won't do their job, the game is over. It looked great, was smooth fps at 2560x1600, except for some server issues. But the team mechanic needs to be there, it's basically the game.

Slayven

game falls apart if you dont have good teams.

Dy is on PS4, so maybe it's different. I was playing the PC Beta and people were running around like learning disabled, headless chickens. If your medic won't do their job, the game is over. It looked great, was smooth fps at 2560x1600, except for some server issues. But the team mechanic needs to be there, it's basically the game.

The monster controls were garbage

I've been in the thread and a couple of other places talking about it. Its a surprisingly good game that doesn't fit the mold of what most people expect or look for when it comes to online focused FPSs. It has its flaws, but it does a lot of things incredibly well - mainly being a game that challenges the player to think for a change. If you want to run in straight lines like dozens of twitch streams have 'shown' so far, sure, go right on ahead. If you want to cut a Monster off, bait him into what he thinks is an easy Hunter kill, harpoon his ass to a wall, then call in an orbital strike while talking selfies with the brehs - you can do that too.

You can go as deep as you want in this game. Or at least a hell of a lot deeper than any other recent FPS has offered.

I'm just hoping that nothing incredibly game breaking drops soon but 2k is usually on top of stuff like that.

This is something I'm desperately trying to balance in my game - the notion of intelligent, more-than-surface-level play, that is. It's an arena shooter with equal starting equipment across the board, but there are multiple classes that affect the properties of on-map weapons in different ways. With eight classes total, two to an element, I'm trying to sort it out so that each element essentially has a "smart" class and a "dumb" class, with the same labels applied to class-modified weaponry. "Dumb" classes have patron weapons capable of killing in a single shot and generally have more direct offensive ability right off the bat, but have much lower skill ceilings. "Smart" classes and weapons, on the other hand, require at least two shots to kill but have way higher skill ceilings and can pave the way toward all sorts of strategies. The elements themselves have an ascending skill curve to them as well where element 3 has the lowest skill curve, 4 the second-lowest, 1 the second-highest and 2 the highest. It's also set up so that the full spectrum of classes are pretty inclusive towards all demographics and fans of certain games will likely gravitate towards certain characters - fans of Halo CE / H5G will likely gravitate towards the class with the ability to throw grenades farther and prioritize nabbing the anti-sniper weapon, while Borderlands fans would gravitate towards the sniper character who has a myriad of pathfinding and trapping options, Metroid / Prime fans will main the Metroidvania chick who specializes in using a hardlight hand-cannon and a whip, etc.

Furyous

Yo. Saw this thread figured I check in and subscribe. This intro questionnaire is tricky hopefully I did it right.

Where you're from - Alabama
Where you live - Alabama
What is your age? - 26
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm just a black dude from the country
Do you know your roots - is the answer that there is no answer
Favorite musical genre - Rap I guess or whatever Young Thug doing
Your profession/major/career interest - I work in a car plant
Your religious affiliation - none
Hobbies - I make music and play video games.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Church's cuz it's like right up the street.

It's about time someone respects the greatness that is Church's. 26 was such a good age to be.

Lust>>>>Starlets because Brooklyn and better bartenders, yeah I said it. If you win one billion in a lottery, then buy your own island and fly out models to "bartend". Where are the answers to the questions?

Rich broke is the smart way to live. Like bill gates

Bill Gates' house almost completely negates the rich broke lifestyle. This motherfucker had automated devices in 1995. Let that shit sink in for a minute. Damn near 20 years before NEST came through this dude had smart devices. He drives a Porsche so he's out of the rich broke lifestyle.

---

Why won't these people sell me Dogecoin? I'm trying to increase my supply of coin but they fucking around and not selling to me. The owner of my apartment is coming over to check out the place so I'm cleaning my ass and gettin rid of six and half years worth of stuff. If he kicks me out because he doesn't like me then I'm moving to Portland.

---

This dude wants to fight me over the way I acted when we worked together nine years ago. He's short but swole but I trained jiu-jitsu, boxing, and light muay thai for five years during our respective runs on campus so bring it. Someone that looks like me put a basketball player in a coma that he's friends with. By the way I had him in my car five years ago and the motherfucker didn't say shit. It's some asexual androgynous bitchmade motherfuckers out here. Motherfucker ice grilled me in front of an open insurance agency and after I said hi enthusiastically. I gave him the you-the-pussiest-motherfucker-on-earth-and-ain't-bout-that-life look as we stared at each other menacingly for five minutes. As an erstwhile Clevelander, let's just say I am more than willing to express my disdain for his existence whenever cameras and people are not around face to face but I can't find him for some odd reason.

Cocaine Lorraine is cute.

I'd holla without a fuck given.

---

Racist comic nerd loses their shit if Marvel casts a black spider-man. We're talking thermonuclear Apple vs Samsung level anger.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I was watching one twitch stream last night and buddy was beasting as a monster. He was a wraith and he was sneaking to cover his tracks and running through rivers i mean dude was doing it. Then they caught him in that dome and straight murked his, shit had me hype as fuck lol

Damn. I never even thought out of losing tracks in the river. I usually just go up a cliff face then double back with a leap.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Bill Gates' house almost completely negates the rich broke lifestyle. This motherfucker had automated devices in 1995. Let that shit sink in for a minute. Damn near 20 years before NEST came through this dude had smart devices. He drives a Porsche so he's out of the rich broke lifestyle.

he still dresses like he drives a 95 kia sportage. hes not running around like he has money to blow(which he does) so i think he would count

Oh wow, UE4's processing requirements don't got shit on DAWs. Running the launcher, the engine and a game thing takes up maybe 600,000MBs total. I've easily run into double that trying to bake music.

Shy

speed tho. i need it
ahhh. seen.

what i did in the alpha was crouch walk everywhere and if they caught up to me, i'd use the shoulder ram to run, then keep jumping to give me the distance. then go back to crouch walking.
surprisingly it worked quite well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom