• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT X| Thread's Up, Don't Lurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comedy sometimes skirts that line between what's ok and what isn't. Some jokes work, others don't. Like Michael Richardson. Most comedian really focus on if the Jokes work rather than if they're morally correct or not. Which is why they come to the defense of each other. Humor is a fickle thing.

Thus chappelle's bad set joke.

That all means nothing in relation to the 1st amendment, the government isn't coming for them for what they said.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=989525

BgMeHyC.gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Dudes are out of their minds. I'd have to think long and hard before even telling my parents.

people that would benefit are people that are down with me now. winning the lottery would bring out family members that i havent seen in 20 years, so it would be fun to tell them to kick rocks

Speaking of evolve niggaroaches, that Evolve game might make me jump into next gen. Plus its made by the Left 4 Dead peps, and I love me some L4D

J10

Banned
That powerball at $450MM - I'd tell everybody I care about that I won. I couldn't possibly keep all of that money to myself. I'd just change my name and lawyer up first. Mom and sisters can retire, buy my nephews a townhouse, give each of my closest friends a couple million (double that if they have kids) - and then I still have like four hundred million left over? I dunno, fix part of Michigan or something.

I'd probably make one dumbass purchase to get it out of my system, set aside finances for college, get a practical hybrid car, and reserve most of the remainder for savings run through a financial advisor and reserved for subscription-based services

/dreamdrop

nah but even with my aint shitness i've made relatively few enemies and I'm boring as hell

dumb purchase would absolutely be geared towards something to piss off GAF though

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Don't talk to moms.
Wouldn't tell my dad.
I'd tell my girlfriend.
Maybe my sister if she can keep her mouth shut.
My two best friends I'd tell.
Then I'd just keep acting like I was broke.

Malyse

I'd probably make one dumbass purchase to get it out of my system, set aside finances for college, get a practical hybrid car, and reserve most of the remainder for savings run through a financial advisor and reserved for subscription-based services

/dreamdrop

nah but even with my aint shitness i've made relatively few enemies and I'm boring as hell

dumb purchase would absolutely be geared towards something to piss off GAF though

I'm very interested in this person you think I am, because they sound like they are winning in comparison.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Speaking of evolve niggaroaches, that Evolve game might make me jump into next gen. Plus its made by the Left 4 Dead peps, and I love me some L4D

I've been in the thread and a couple of other places talking about it. Its a surprisingly good game that doesn't fit the mold of what most people expect or look for when it comes to online focused FPSs. It has its flaws, but it does a lot of things incredibly well - mainly being a game that challenges the player to think for a change. If you want to run in straight lines like dozens of twitch streams have 'shown' so far, sure, go right on ahead. If you want to cut a Monster off, bait him into what he thinks is an easy Hunter kill, harpoon his ass to a wall, then call in an orbital strike while talking selfies with the brehs - you can do that too.

You can go as deep as you want in this game. Or at least a hell of a lot deeper than any other recent FPS has offered.

I'm just hoping that nothing incredibly game breaking drops soon but 2k is usually on top of stuff like that.

Furyous

Fuck no, I wouldn't tell y'all I won. Best believe, I'm stunting on some stealth shit.

I need:

a stealth camo suit because why not.
Live niggas eat dolphin for breakfast, salamander for lunch, virgin stork meat for dinner with a side of lemonade and virgin tears.
I need a railgun, a symbiote, and an Iron Man extremis armor.
Matter of fact, y'all can have this earth shit it's time to move to a new planet.
Wake up on Avatar planet smanging alien bidges.
Before I leave earth, I'm founding Celestial Being just to fuck with you earthlings ("you people") one final time.

Dream over

Less realistically, I'm paying off debt and disappearing with all my money. Wake up in a new state with a new name. I'd be rich broke aka living the real wealthy life where you don't stunt or buy outrageous stuff because you can.

Malyse

I've been in the thread and a couple of other places talking about it. Its a surprisingly good game that doesn't fit the mold of what most people expect or look for when it comes to online focused FPSs. It has its flaws, but it does a lot of things incredibly well - mainly being a game that challenges the player to think for a change. If you want to run in straight lines like dozens of twitch streams have 'shown' so far, sure, go right on ahead. If you want to cut a Monster off, bait him into what he thinks is an easy Hunter kill, harpoon his ass to a wall, then call in an orbital strike while talking selfies with the brehs - you can do that too.

You can go as deep as you want in this game. Or at least a hell of a lot deeper than any other recent FPS has offered.

I'm just hoping that nothing incredibly game breaking drops soon but 2k is usually on top of stuff like that.
Destructable environments?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

WTF? Why would you post that crap on GAF?

I would tell my parents, tell my brother and that would be it. I would pay off my house, by a loft downtown for partying and that is really about it for me. I would hook my parents up with a new house, pay off my brother's place in Atlanta. Now I would be getting season tickets to local sports teams and traveling to see them, but I wouldn't be Holyfielding my money away with mansions and cars.

cdyhybrid

I would tell my parents, tell my brother and that would be it. I would pay off my house, by a loft downtown for partying and that is really about it for me. I would hook my parents up with a new house, pay off my brother's place in Atlanta. Now I would be getting season tickets to local sports teams and traveling to see them, but I wouldn't be Holyfielding my money away with mansions and cars.

Yeah, I'd move into a decent place instead of my tiny-ass studio apartment, but I'd still be driving my Civic.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Destructable environments?

Partially. Its super immersive though. Bodies of water can be knee deep or over your head - many times its impossible to tell until you check. Monsters and larger animals can knock over trees or even shake the entire forest canopy. Some of the manmade stuff can give way, explode, etc. Leaving trails puts you IN THE SHIT (which can be good or bad, depending on what you're trying to do).

Its gorgeous, but honestly the environments could be malleable. At the same time, I think that forcing players to accept that the world won't change is important. You're fighting the land and your opponent at the same time. Depending on where and how you choose to fight it out, you can force your opponent to fight the environment harder than you. This can go down directly or indirectly.

This is where you start putting your money away after all debts have been paid off.You have to assume you are gonna live past your 80s.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Fuck no, I wouldn't tell y'all I won. Best believe, I'm stunting on some stealth shit.

I need:

a stealth camo suit because why not.
Live niggas eat dolphin for breakfast, salamander for lunch, virgin stork meat for dinner with a side of lemonade and virgin tears.
I need a railgun, a symbiote, and an Iron Man extremis armor.
Matter of fact, y'all can have this earth shit it's time to move to a new planet.
Wake up on Avatar planet smanging alien bidges.
Before I leave earth, I'm founding Celestial Being just to fuck with you earthlings ("you people") one final time.

Dream over

Less realistically, I'm paying off debt and disappearing with all my money. Wake up in a new state with a new name. I'd be rich broke aka living the real wealthy life where you don't stunt or buy outrageous stuff because you can.

Rich broke is the smart way to live. Like bill gates

Malyse

I miss red faction.

Oh fuck.

I need 5aints Row to have fully destructable environments. I need it to be a game where I can literally level the city if I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom